What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I've tried disabling lots of thing but no discernable effect. Scrolling is lousy but it was in note 7 too. Maybe I have too many apps. I could really use 6gb of ram. I use my ir blaster daily though so I hate to lose it and my gear 2 won't work with Pixel or V20
Are gear devices really only programmed to work with Samsung phones? Seems like a bad move. If want my watch to be something anyone would want.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
None of the current offerings really compare to my Note 7, and I refuse to spend a ton on a phone I don't want. I'm going back to a Note 4 until next year's phones come out. Hopefully, something will pique my interest by then.

nufan4115

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I used my gear s2 classic on a moto z droid force. worked great just have to download the samsung gear app from the play store and pair the watch via bluetooth

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Note 4 here. I have me eye on a good one on eBay and kinda cheap. Had one last year. So I'll try again. This should hold me over til at least March. Don't want to turn it in but have to. On a good note my bill will be cheaper by $32 a month.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You do not have to have a Samsung device.....Any Android phone that meets the system requirements will work...
No it won't. Not since lollipop. Even if you install the software which is risky because you don't know if it has been altered the watch is not recognized. You cannot actually connect watch to phone.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
No it won't. Not since lollipop. Even if you install the software which is risky because you don't know if it has been altered the watch is not recognized. You cannot actually connect watch to phone.
e4f6a72cddea21cf80696e97b21e2334.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've read threads about it in G4,and V10. Just doesn't work. And where do you get official software. They used to have it in XDA but I don't like to download software from anywhere but the playstore. You never know what could be tagged onto it.

Maybe the problem is Samsung has stopped writing new software to go with new versions of Android. Do you really think they have software for a 3 year old gear 2 written to work with Nougat?

Anyway from what I have read here it doesn't work even though it should

d003b408bd464a8849e88d31e9742566.jpg

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I used my gear s2 classic on a moto z droid force. worked great just have to download the samsung gear app from the play store and pair the watch via bluetooth
I have a gear 2 not gear s 2 and gear manager not in playstore from lg phone. I chatted with samsung rep who confirmed it is not compatible. I have read threads where people tried it and it is non compatible.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Went from black Note 7 to silver S7e on VZW. Still have my note 4, but i don't want to stop using Samsung Pay. Edge won't be here til the 20th at the earliest.

Really liked that I got to pay for the replacement after paying full retail for the N7. Oh, they'll refund it when they get the N7 back. Any bets on how long that's gonna take?

Plus, the new phone HAD to be on a payment plan. I couldn't buy it outright, even though I asked to. CSR said I could pay it off any time. Asked him 'how about now?'. He didn't think that was funny.

I guess they couldn't just exchange straight up and trust me to return it - paying @150 a month to them for 15 years, and $865 up front for the N7 makes Schlubbe a flight risk, or something - like I'm planning to skip town with this sweet, lesser phone that I never wanted in the first place, and I'm gonna keep the Explodaphone too. Curse you, VZW - you saw through my evil plan!

That's how us hard Schlubbes roll.

I'll keep watching what happens on this site - since I reportedly have til December 31st to return the N7 for a full refund, I figure I'll power it down and hang on to it for the time being. Let's see if they figure out what the actual problem was, or if they decide there wasn't really a problem at all.

Sure would like to stay in the N7 camp, but don't want to be left holding the bag if it does have a melt down. As others have mentioned, your insurance WILL NOT cover you if the rapid thermal disintegration of your recalled phone incurs damage or liability.

Ain't nobody got time for that

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Axon 7 for the win, why isn't anyone else going to this gem? 375 got me a competitive 2016 flagship to tide me over until a worthwhile new note comes out.

Fetid

Banned
Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I've ordered a Note 5 64GB and when it arrives I'll hand in my Note 7 for a refund. The $600NZD difference will go towards what ever Samsung brings out next year to replace the Note.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the Pixel XL on order but I'm thinking of canceling it, returning the N7 and firing up my Note 4. If I do a hard reset on it, it might get a bit better and tide me over. I'm so conflicted! 😕