What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I was going back and forth between the Note 5 and S7 Edge. Finally decided on the Note 5 because I love the SPen and the ability to take notes on my phone. Did the replacement online with Verizon and it is on backorder til 11/2. Has anyone else had trouble getting a Note 5?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Note 5. Love it. It meets all my needs and more and I really like the full size screen without curve. Use it for work and everything in between-keeps up beautifully.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
AT&T doesn't have the N5. If so, that's what I'd chose. As it is, I'll be going with the S7E.

I have a Sprint N4, but they're giving me a hard time trying to use it on AT&T

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Am sure both the S7E & Note 5 have sudden new interest & no one was stocked for that.
Have you tried Best Buy or B&H Photo as an option?

The buy now option on Samsungs site just forwards you to a carrier or resellers site.
Order the Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Release Date, Specs & Price

I'm on Next and I can't justify that cost right now. Not for a year old phone. Even though I just wanna throw my hands up and say how I work hard and deserve to splurge every now and then.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Am sure both the S7E & Note 5 have sudden new interest & no one was stocked for that.
Have you tried Best Buy or B&H Photo as an option?

The buy now option on Samsungs site just forwards you to a carrier or resellers site.
Order the Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Release Date, Specs & Price

When I bought my S7 Edge on Sept 14th when I returned my N7, the only store near me had none in stock and I had to drive to another store almost 40 miles away to get a S7 Edge and they only had two in stock.

Also the Best buy, the only one in my area the last 3 weeks has hardly any S7 Edge cases in stock.

EvEr34

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a black note 5 and loving it. The note 7 was my first experience with the s pen and I love this feature. In all honesty I like the note 5's flat screen better then the note 7's curved screen

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try out the LG V20... If I don't like it I will go back to the Note 5. But I need an el cheapo phone too as backup. I'm in this mess because I have no backup phone. I just refuse to settle for any phone because of Samsung's unintended fiasco.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I went with the 7 edge. If I hasn't of been waist deep in with the Note 7, I would have waited until next year. I'm happy with the 7 edge so far, but it's not the phone I wanted. I wish I could have gotten in on the free sd card with it but I swapped my Note 7 back in 2 days after that promotion ended. For all the double dipping and triple dripping others did with the sd card and gear vr promotions, I managed to get nothing lol. Just another day in the life lol

Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I am stuck between the Pixel XL 128GB with Ulimated Storage and The LG-V20 with MicroSd With great sound and pictures.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I actually went with the blackberry priv. It's still on lollipop because Verizon as usual is dragging their feet with marshmallow. No fingerprint scanner as well. But it's only 400 bucks, so after a year, I can dump it and only pay 200 or so.

I would of happily went with the s7 edge but the Samsung annual upgrade program has ended so I would be paying 400 bucks to terminate the contract after one year. Note5 very weak battery is why I'll never go with that. Nexus 6p was an option at 413 bucks but decided for the cheaper option in the priv.

The priv's design is a work of art. It has the same display as the note7. Battery is 3410mah which is a ton once I disable the blackberry hub and the rest of the features. I might install the google launcher as well. The glass is curved. Not to the extent of the note7 but still curved.

Really wish more of these budget phones worked with Verizon's network. Verizon won't accept these devices for their bands for some odd reason. I would of held out for the mate9 if so.

No way am I downgrading from the note7 and keeping that phone for two more years. I'm not missing the note8 for the world.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I actually went with the blackberry priv. It's still on lollipop because Verizon as usual is dragging their feet with marshmallow. No fingerprint scanner as well. But it's only 400 bucks, so after a year, I can dump it and only pay 200 or so.

I would of happily went with the s7 edge but the Samsung annual upgrade program has ended so I would be paying 400 bucks to terminate the contract after one year. Note5 very weak battery is why I'll never go with that. Nexus 6p was an option at 413 bucks but decided for the cheaper option in the priv.

The priv's design is a work of art. It has the same display as the note7. Battery is 3410mah which is a ton once I disable the blackberry hub and the rest of the features. I might install the google launcher as well. The glass is curved as well. Not to the extent of the note7 but still curved.

Really wish more of these budget phones worked with Verizon's network. Verizon won't accept these devices for their bands for some odd reason. I would of held out for the mate9 if so.
Are you sure about the upgrade thing? I specifically asked and was told that anyone on the edge program can upgrade one they hit 12 months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet