What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

Android_Lapis

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Have you tried turning the Edge screens off? I'm alternating between going with the S7 Edge & the LG 20. I loved my Note 4, but it was stolen 3 weeks before the preorder of the 7. I wouldn't have upgraded had it not been stolen, but after a couple of weeks, I loved my Note 7. I'm reluctantly returning it today.:(

My only problem with the 4 was that two weeks after the warranty expired, the phone started acting crazy (powering down at 30 or 40℅). Replaced it with a new battery & it was like brand new. Some people are saying that they're always near a power source so they aren't concerned with the lack of a removable battery, but I'm more worried about the battery failing.

During the interim I went back to my iPhone 4s. I hated it, so no iPhone for me.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Right now my old note4 att unlocked now with t mobile.will be returning note7 very reluctantly love that phone.ultimately may go for v20 or wait for note8.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Short term, back to rockin' my Note 3 after getting a new battery for it. Long term, iPhone 7+ 128GB Matte Black. I absolutely loved my Note 7 as well as my Note 5 (which my wife now has). I really like and prefer Android as well as it's superior to IOS in many regards, but I'm going to take a year off. There just wasn't another flagship Android device I wanted.

I don't like the way the S7 Edge holds in hand, too much curve for me. I also travel and don't want the stigma of a Samsung device. I can imagine there will be flight crews just telling people to "turn off your Samsung phone" even though the N7 has been banned on flights. These crews don't care and don't have time to deal with crap like this. Also, I don't need the hassle either and don't need ignorant people looking at my phone thinking any Samsung device is going to "blow up" (e.g. Note 5 or S7 Edge).

iPhone 7+ is 3-4 week back-order and got an iWatch Series 2 to go along with it. Hopefully I can get the phone locally before then, but worst case I'll just use the Note 3 and continue to keep it as a spare device. I'll definitely watch what Samsung has for 2017 in regards to the Note series or whatever it evolves into along with what Google does with Android wear. This time next year or early 2018 I'll probably be back!

Good luck with whatever you chose!

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
For 500 cant beat it til the note 8 comes back, and i dont wanna be locked in a phone with att for a yr then something bad az comes out before that, that i really want ill be hurt lol

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I have jumped around a lot. The Note 7 was the perfect Android phone (at least for me) and as a gadget person, I've felt a little lost lol. I've done S7, iPhone 7 Plus, and tried a Moto Z Play. The hubs is sticking with the iPhone 7 Plus. I really really wanted to like the 7 Plus. I just can't. I can't. It's a quality device, I just really love Android. The Z Play is outstanding for the price, but I just wanted something a little....I don't know.......nicer. I have circled back around to the S7 and I think that's where I'm going to stick and then do the S8 in the spring.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my Nextbit Robin right now. My Note is sitting powered off until I can make the hour drive to a TMo to return it. I also bought a black S7 Edge from swappa. Unfortunately the S7 Edge had some kind of display issue. The seller offered me a gold one, but I said no way. I could get that from TMo. Supposedly they're getting more black ones on Monday. If they don't I'm just gonna get a refund on the swappa Edge, and it's back to my indecision.

Vandito

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Ordered the pixel xl 128gb from Verizon. Shipping Oct 20th. Good battery life, amoled screen, Android optimized performance plus the new toy feeling.

Shadowbelle

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
What is missing besides the SD card and the curved edges and iris?
The handwriting panel is different. Note 7 has the original Note handwriting panel with line wrap. Note 5 has the single line panel. I posted a question about this in case there's some setting I've missed.

The camera and screen are not as good. When I got my 7, a colleague with a 5 held the two up side by side and looked at the images (camera on). Then he took exactly the same picture, one camera in each hand. The quality of both the preview and the photo was significantly better on the 7.

Handling. 7 is smoother to the stylus.

Always-on screen. Again, maybe I can't find it on the 5, but (I can't find it).

I don't know about the battery life. I've only had the 5 for about 18 hours.

Color. The coral blue on the 7 is gorgeous. (OK, small complaint.)

BTW I upgraded from my Note 2 to the Note 7, so this is my first experience of the 5. And yes, I am going to get the 8 when it comes out.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Keeping my Note 7 at least a few more weeks (no backup). I need to see/test out the V20, Pixel XL and S7edge and 2 of them aren't even out yet. All seem like a big downgrade.

V20 seems promising spec wise, but all the early camera comparisons I've seen on YouTube look bad (bad low light pics, nothing special vs N7, Google Pixel, in regular lighting, etc), and that's a dealbreaker for me. Hopefully the live production version will be better.

Just hate the thought of being stuck for at least a year in an inferior phone... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton