What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

TTQ225

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
I have two of N7 now, the original and the replacement. Both are absolutely perfect. The battery temperature in both of them never went above 32 deg C, even at a max load. However, after the TSA announcement of a complete ban, I will be exchanging my beloved N7 in a few hours. I called the Rogers store and they put aside a S7 Edge for me. I hope I will like it. I loved the N7, anything else is downgrade. Darn.

bmonday

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm using my trusty little Nexus 5 until my new Axon 7 arrives next week. Nearly same specs as the Galaxy 7 phones, including expandable storage, but only $399.

Moody4040

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I took my N7 to Sprint to exchange for the S7E and they wanted a 100 down payment. I left the store and called Sprint, they Confirmed that it shldnt be any Charges. This morning the same FN problem, this is driving me crazy!!

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
How is the camera and battery life on the Priv compared to the Samsung?
Thanks
I also got the priv for my note7 replacement. Only thing that sucks is that Verizon hasn't released marshmallow fire the priv so the battery life might suffer because of it. I'm gonna disable anything BB and run all stock Android and see if that helps. I have a14 day window to return it, so if the priv doesn't pan out then I'll but the nexus 6p.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Keeping my Note 7 at least a few more weeks (no backup). I need to see/test out the V20, Pixel XL and S7edge and 2 of them aren't even out yet. All seem like a big downgrade.

V20 seems promising spec wise, but all the early camera comparisons I've seen on YouTube look bad (bad low light pics, nothing special vs N7, Google Pixel, in regular lighting, etc), and that's a dealbreaker for me. Hopefully the live production version will be better.

Just hate the thought of being stuck for at least a year in an inferior phone... :(

I had a v10 before my n7 and the banners was amazing. I took this macro with it.

Attachments

• 2752.jpg
    2752.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 100

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
My silver Note 7 was my dream phone. Sigh. I'm on AT&T, so no Note 5, which I would have done. I went to the store and played around with the V20 on display. It was okay. The size was nice. But I missed the edges and the Samsung World (the themes). I turned around in the store and picked up a silver S7Edge and knew right away to get that one. Not a Note, never will love it as much, but it will do until the Note 8. I ordered a Clear view case for it and that will help with functionality. Would never consider an iPhone. Ended that with the iPhone 4, never looked back. Waiting for the Note 8. Elly44

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Right now my old note4 att unlocked now with t mobile.will be returning note7 very reluctantly love that phone.ultimately may go for v20 or wait for note8.
Is there anything on the n4 that doesn't work since it was originally AT&T? Any features etc

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
b8cd051dd8534ac7b95cf905fb5705e1.jpg

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Did an upgrade transfer online with Verizon for a silver s7e. Really annoying as that was the replacement phone I had during the 1st recall and now because it's out of stock...it wont get here until the 20th.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Going with the S7 Edge in Pink Gold (don't ask). I have travel coming up at the end of the month. Hopefully the Blue Coral doesn't actually appear, otherwise I will be kicking myself. Probably the closest thing I will have to the Note 7, and I usually like Samsung's products. In any case, I don't think Samsung is at 100% fault for what happened with the Note 7...but I guess we'll see.

I'll definitely miss the S-Pen and Note features, but I guess that's life sometimes. Hopefully I'll be in the position to upgrade to the Note 8 next year.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
No features work but not great signal 1 to 2 maybe 3 .I got much better reception with note7 tmobile branded.

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Bought the Unlocked S7 Edge at Best Buy.... I actually like it. It's fast, no weird stutters and lag, which was still there even after the "performance" update on the Note with T-Mobile.

I do miss
Text Msg Overlay had a Mark As Read option
Always On Display 3rd party apps, and double tap to open said apps. Update just came in today to allow custom image, so maybe the rest is coming.

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I came to the Note 7 from the Note 4 which I traded in. I did not want to go back to the 4 or to the N5 (which I never thought was as good as the 4) so I ordered a silver S7E which I'm getting on Monday. At least it will be different for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair