What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

royalsoonerdanes

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Still have my replacement Note 7 and waiting until the V20 hits the market to make a decision. Wanna get my hands on it first. Our carrier is T-Mobile and went to the local store (Oklahoma) yesterday and they said they would have it in on the 28th. Would have stayed with Samsung…..just burned out on the continuous setting up a new phone every month. :(

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'd love the S7Edge, but tmobile isn't showing it available in black. I hate silver and briefly had a gold one. Way too shiny

Mark8768

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I went with S7 Edge though I was this close to getting a moto z force, in the end I really didn't want to go through and reset up everything again and Samsung other then this note 7 issue has been solid for me. If HTC made a 5.5 phone I might switch otherwise sticking with Samsung.

Tiko7523

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I went with the S7Edge Black Onyx. I am really enjoying it so far & i am glad they kind of already updated always on display a couple days ago. I really wanted to try the Pixel XL tho before committing but since its a VZW exclusive & i am on AT&T .....I don't want to give out $900 for the Pixel xl with the s8 on the horizon.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Went from black Note 7 to silver S7e on VZW. Still have my note 4, but i don't want to stop using Samsung Pay. Edge won't be here til the 20th at the earliest.

Really liked that I got to pay for the replacement after paying full retail for the N7. Oh, they'll refund it when they get the N7 back. Any bets on how long that's gonna take?

Plus, the new phone HAD to be on a payment plan. I couldn't buy it outright, even though I asked to. CSR said I could pay it off any time. Asked him 'how about now?'. He didn't think that was funny.

I guess they couldn't just exchange straight up and trust me to return it - paying @150 a month to them for 15 years, and $865 up front for the N7 makes Schlubbe a flight risk, or something - like I'm planning to skip town with this sweet, lesser phone that I never wanted in the first place, and I'm gonna keep the Explodaphone too. Curse you, VZW - you saw through my evil plan!

That's how us hard Schlubbes roll.

I'll keep watching what happens on this site - since I reportedly have til December 31st to return the N7 for a full refund, I figure I'll power it down and hang on to it for the time being. Let's see if they figure out what the actual problem was, or if they decide there wasn't really a problem at all.

Sure would like to stay in the N7 camp, but don't want to be left holding the bag if it does have a melt down. As others have mentioned, your insurance WILL NOT cover you if the rapid thermal disintegration of your recalled phone incurs damage or liability.

Ain't nobody got time for that

I have tmobile and they did the same thing. Made me pay for my replacement S7 edge too and said I would get the full refund. Took 2 weeks for the warehouse to get it and refund tax and I'm told it will be up to 8 weeks before i see all my cash!! I don't understand why they didn't just do even exchange and refund us the difference. This is why I'm NEVER ordering again. I will only buy in store for now on. Pre ordering was a PITA ordeal.

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I wanted the note 5 but I felt like the price was just a bit too high for a phone that's a year old. It was hard to locate one too, plus the incentives and promos we got from sticking with samsung was crazy. 3 32in tv's, 75 in best buy credits and 300 credit on our bill.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought a Note 5 and am ordering a Google Pixel XL 128 gb. One I'll keep, the other I'll give to my husband, who will be happy with either... being the spoiled techo-brat that I am, I have already decided that I will be UNhappy with either. I will keep the one that makes me less unhappy... We'll see. Stepping down from the GN7 is, well... not happy times... <sigh>

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I would Have went with a s7e but that curved screen and glass back freak me out. Having the n7 made me realize how unprotected the edges of the edge style phones are.... even with a case.

Doesn't this scare anybody else a like?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I would Have went with a s7e but that curved screen and glass back freak me out. Having the n7 made me realize how unprotected the edges of the edge style phones are.... even with a case.

Doesn't this scare anybody else a like?
Well, when I briefly had the S7 EDGE before going Note 5 recently, I had a nice OtterBox commuter style type of case where the screen was open but it was a nice thick case and made the phone feel secure. Now I'm a little down because I did like the S7 edge, but at the time they didn't have black and now Tmobile is out of stock in the black

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, when I briefly had the S7 EDGE before going Note 5 recently, I had a nice OtterBox commuter style type of case where the screen was open but it was a nice thick case and made the phone feel secure. Now I'm a little down because I did like the S7 edge, but at the time they didn't have black and now Tmobile is out of stock in the black

As much as part of me wants an s7e, I'm gong with a v20. I had a v10 and loved it. Maybe in 2 years when I'm eligible for an update I'll get the new note.... or whatever they call it. Lol

Daiz4yota

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
got a used S7Edge until my Oneplus 3 comes in. Then Ill use that until samsung comes out with something Noteworthy (zing) or the iPhone 8 is released

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
AT&T Note 5 phones are now available for order on Samsung.com. Just placed an order for a black 64gb. Didn't want to be without the spen. I assume that once I have it in hand, I can walk into the AT&T store, return the note 7, and activate my note 5. The real question is if I can get the $100 credit.

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Axon 7 for 432 at bestbuy
a16bd02ba2952cb966f26e5b5399684e.jpg

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
AT&T Note 5 phones are now available for order on Samsung.com. Just placed an order for a black 64gb. Didn't want to be without the spen. I assume that once I have it in hand, I can walk into the AT&T store, return the note 7, and activate my note 5. The real question is if I can get the $100 credit.

$839!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol