What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Turned in my N7 yesterday for the V20 and its very impressive. I have to say its much smoother and faster. I do not have any issues with the screen as some have talked about. Hardest part for me is no "home button", but I am getting used to it. I like the fingerprint reader on the back. Sound quality is far superior to the N7. Haven't taken many pictures but that looks to be a lot better. Overall I am happy. The guys at my AT&T store really helped me out also. Didn't even ask for the box. Gave me credit for my screen protector. Also got the promo for the $150 headphones.
Not happy about getting rid of the Note, but can't do anything about it anymore and I was tired of the daily texts and emails about it. Samsung better do their homework on the next line of phones is all I can say.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd kinda sorta a little tiny bit decided on going with the V20 once forced. Now with the chatter about S7/S7E users being able to update to the next flagship(s) I'm not so sure. The videos on the V20 are promising. I just can't stand the thought of losing the tons of notes and diaries I've been creating for years on the Notes. Just the mention of a N8 has me locked and loaded for the S7E.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I think we're going to see some incoming discounts on apple watches soon since their sales are way down. I'm gonna snag one if they go on sale as bit. It's cool but a real gimmickry novelty as far as I'm concerned so not worth full price to me.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is driving me nuts trying to decide what to get or if my phone will burn up. Will Samsung brick the phone or will they offer people in the US something similar as in South Korea? I've narrowed my choices to the s7 edge, the LG V20 or buying a cheap note 4. I'll get the s7 if Samsung offers a deal for us to get the note 8 but so far nothing. As far as the V20 goes I want to see one in person first but nowhere has them on display. Best Buy are idiots and say they never heard of the phone and my Verizon corporate stores don't have any in stock or on display. Both the guys at Best Buy and Verizon tell me they wouldn't touch an LG with a ten foot pole. Another interesting thing is my Verizon corporate stores have also pulled all of their s7's off display. The only Samsung they have on display is the note 5, S6, and J3. When I asked why they said it was because of battery issues with the note 7 and S7. I could go back to my s6 but it gets crazy hot from just being on and nothing seems to fix that.

guthrien

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
That phone looks amazing. Probably no chance of using it on Verizon, but I'm certainly going to look into it.

There was no way I was going to use my upgrade on an older phone or a S7 I wasn't interested in before the Note. I felt a little disappointed once I got to see a V20 which felt like the only remaining option.

I went iPhone 7+ which wasn't even on my radar. Haven't used one fully since the 4S. Really disliked the idea pre Note nightmare.

Gotta say it's going to be an adjustment but I'm having fun day 1. Phone is super premium in every way and so fast. I picked up an iPad and between that and my Mac it's a pretty great experience hopping from one to another. There are a ton of issues I have with iOS, but sometimes change is fun. I'm not a brand guy, I like tech.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
?? The S7 and S7 Edge aren't having issues like the Note 7, not to the point of pulling stock that I was aware of. Really surprised your Verizon pulled them off the displays like that.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Why are you wanting to buy one? Idk if it's even legal for me to sell it?
1st I don't believe anything is wrong with the phone. I believe Google is trying to sabotage Samsung. I already have one but i wanted a blue one when I got my replacement but they didn't have any. I really believe they will become a collector's item down the road when people realize there's nothing wrong with them. After seeing the article about Samsung disabling the European models to fully charge I'm having second thoughts though. Samsung said it was a voluntary recall recall so I was thinking they may just leave it alone. As far as it being illegal there are ways of getting around that part but I'm going to wait.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I am so sick of people saying that the iPhone 7 Plus is so "buttery smooth". Yes, it is very smooth...BUT, I have one now (256GB version) and it DOES in FACT stutter on ocassion and lag when going in and out of apps. Not all the time, but it does.

My Note 7 had very little lag. Others complained they had it but I did not. I am so ticked off right now. That N7 was hands down the best phone that I have ever used.

I am also not happy with the fact that this iphone is 5.5 vs 5.7 inches and yet, is wider and taller than the N7. I got used to that nice feel in the hand and iphone just feels too big now for some reason. My hand actually bothered me at first, but I am getting used to it.

Apps are a little better on the iphone and I actually like the look of video better on the iPhone as well. And, well, one of the biggest factors? Battery. WOW WOW and WOW for iPhone 7 plus. After 1 week of use, and I am a pretty heavy user, I am averaging 16 hours of use with equivalent of 6.5-7 hours of SOT. That just blows away my Note 7 but a good 3-4 hours. But here is the amazing part.

I have yet to get the iPhone to go below 15% battery during and of that time, so I could get approximately 18-20 hours with about 8-9 hours of SOT before it would die.

Every night I am going to bed I have between 18-25% juice left after literally trying to drain the battery on this.

I also unplugged it one night at midnight..fully charged and when I got up on the weekend at 8:15am, it was STILL at 100%.

Still, I am going to look at the Note 8 if they make it because I miss the pen and overall experience...If they could somehow get a 4000 to 4500 battery in it that would be enough for me to make the change easy.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well i hate to go backwards with phones so the S7 for me at the price was to much now. So i went with the 6 plus edge used off of ebay as a phone to use till the next phones come out in 2017 yes it is back more but it is used not buying new like a s7 would be. So if i am going to go backwards for a 5.7 in phone then it has to be cheaper. If i went with the Pixel or the V20 i would still want a 2017 phone and then have to sell the v20 which y then will have less value. This way i can just keep the 6 plus edge when the new phones come out in 2017 as a backup since the price was good.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
i love the note 7 and dont care much for the pixel or v20. i'm thinking of something cheap like a used note5 or moto x pure, which can be bought for 279 now at besy buy. this should hold me over until the next samsung comes out.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Today me and my wife returned our note 7's😧 I bought a Moto x pure at best buy because I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on a phone because when the note 8 comes out I'll get it, and my wife got a Samsung j7 to hold her off til the note 8,i gotta say I'm kinda liking the Moto x pure it's not a Note but it's pretty good.

Tmob let us keep the note 7 boxes and accessories, so now we have 4 note 7 boxes and a lot of accessories to remind us of our break up with the note 7 😢

guthrien

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it true that Amazon has an easy return policy for accessories after the fact? I saw people in the forums mentioning that. Having those and my Note sitting unclaimed at the house is a slap in the face haha.

ToniC618

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I recently returned two Note 7 cases I purchased well over 30 days ago and they gave me my refund before I even shipped them off to them.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Is it true that Amazon has an easy return policy for accessories after the fact? I saw people in the forums mentioning that. Having those and my Note sitting unclaimed at the house is a slap in the face haha.
Amazon credited me for the two note 7 cases I had purchased and also said I didn't have to return them so I still have them , can't use them but hey lol.
Today me and my wife returned our note 7's😧 I bought a Moto x pure at best buy because I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money on a phone because when the note 8 comes out I'll get it, and my wife got a Samsung j7 to hold her off til the note 8,i gotta say I'm kinda liking the Moto x pure it's not a Note but it's pretty good.

Tmob let us keep the note 7 boxes and accessories, so now we have 4 note 7 boxes and a lot of accessories to remind us of our break up with the note 7 😢

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Amazon credited me for the two note 7 cases I had purchased and also said I didn't have to return them so I still have them , can't use them but hey lol.
I only had to return my Caseology Case. For a refund. My Spigen case I got to keep and Spigen sent me a free Case for my Pixel XL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12