What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Note 5. I don't understand how anyone can go from the features of the Note 7 and Android to iOS anything, but to each their own. I tried it and couldn't get past how boring it was. Yawn!

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
This whole Note 7 replacement is starting to weigh on me more than a new phone ever should. I"m back on my Nexus 6 which only reminds me why I needed a new phone to begin with. I'm on T-mo and the only choice there is the V20 but it's hard to justify after the Note 7. The iPhone 7 has reception issues and the Pixel requires me to change my much better plan. Looked at the HTC 10 but I want a bigger phone, looked at the Moto Z but it seems over priced for what you're getting even compared to the Moto Z force. I hear the OnePlus 3 has issues. Can't I just get a phone on the Note 7s level that I can be happy with?

I suppose first world problems and all that.

Last edited:

guthrien

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
No. So many things I used to jailbreak for are here now thankfully. I'm not bored at all but maybe it's because it feels fresh to me. This is only other phone who's quality felt on par with Note 7. V20 felt cheap etc. But hey, I'll always love Android and now they've confirmed the Note 8. I'll be rocking both next year is my guess.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I got a moto x pure but the battery is horrible, I got the last LG v20 in one of the stores here in town, but to me the screen is super dim, I like the screen on the moto x pure better, I miss my over saturated colors on my note 7 😢 the note 7 was the best phone

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I went with the Note 5. I don't understand how anyone can go from the features of the Note 7 and Android to iOS anything, but to each their own. I tried it and couldn't get past how boring it was. Yawn!

It's only on the surface you have less control so the home screen isn't 100% customizable the foundation of iOS 10 is rock solid, every thing seems smother and faster and going all day none stop on one charge with battery left.
If I had to be stranded with a phone it would be iOS!
Will I go back to android possible but it will half to be better than any thing on the market now.
All time favorite N7 but so nervous the screen would break.
Going back to the N5 sounds like hard times , wish I still had my N4 I would be on that right now ooh well lesson learned.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with my Pixel XL. I love not having all of the bloatware on the phone.

I probably will not be returning to Samsung. If I do, I definitely will not be pre ordering a phone from them again. I will wait a few months to make sure they haven't screwed it up like they did the note 7.

Who knows though. May be they will lose so much money on the Note 7 that they will offer a premium device for a reasonable price to encourage customers to come back.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Ios is very stable that's one thing I like about it.
I've had every Samsung Note since the Note 2 and they have all been stable (RIP Note 7). My husband is still using a Note 2 and both of my children have Note 4s and they're all still stable. I don't understand why people say Android isn't stable.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
I just brought back my Note 7 and picked up the black Google Pixel XL from the store. My two complaints are the navigation bar taking up previous screen real estate, and the halo effect/ lenses flare issue that is being talked about which I am experiencing in photos. I like the fingerprint sensor on the back, Google Assistant, the snappiness, battery life, and display sharpness. I may switch to the iPhone 7 Plus because the halo issue is a blunder, but maybe not Google plans on fixing the issue.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I was never sold on my iPhone. I love my note 7 though. I was able to get the note 5 in black sapphire with 64 gb. Hoping that will be enough. My old iPhone only had 16 gb I think. Lol

I honestly still haven't taken my Note 7 back to TMo yet. Still trying to decide what I want to do. Picked up an S7 Edge on Swappa to use. It's nice to think I only have to pay for service if I stick with the Edge, but I kinda wanna pick up a 7 Plus as well. I usually like to have both iOS and Android. In fact when I got my Note 7 it marked the first time since 2008 I hadn't had an iPhone.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I honestly still haven't taken my Note 7 back to TMo yet. Still trying to decide what I want to do. Picked up an S7 Edge on Swappa to use. It's nice to think I only have to pay for service if I stick with the Edge, but I kinda wanna pick up a 7 Plus as well. I usually like to have both iOS and Android. In fact when I got my Note 7 it marked the first time since 2008 I hadn't had an iPhone.

I am the same way. I like having an iphone and android at the same time.

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat I have the note 5 in thinking about getting the iPhone 7 Plus I just can't make my mind up I've always had a note heard a lot of good things about the iPhone like I messaging. I have always used Samsung I had a pro note 12.5 tablet and it died on me the same week I had to send my note 7 back someone talk me into getting the iPad 12.9 and I love it it makes me think about given iOS try is it the same on the phone as the iPad?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I am in the same boat I have the note 5 in thinking about getting the iPhone 7 Plus I just can't make my mind up I've always had a note heard a lot of good things about the iPhone like I messaging. I have always used Samsung I had a pro note 12.5 tablet and it died on me the same week I had to send my note 7 back someone talk me into getting the iPad 12.9 and I love it it makes me think about given iOS try is it the same on the phone as the iPad?

I used to be an iPhone guy and they are great phones but if you want to be able to add widgets on any page and lots of customization then iOS isn't the way to go. If these things aren't a big deal to you then give it a shot; depending on your carrier you should have about 14 days to return it if you don't like it but you may have to pay a restocking fee. The iOS should be the same on the phone as it is on the ipad.

race4life

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm going on my 3rd week with a OnePlus 3 that I picked up from Swappa. It's running the newest community build and I'm loving it. The battery life is great and without the phones side by side I can't really tell a difference in screen quality. (Sometimes it pays to be colorblind). My standby battery is amazing, I no longer charge phone at night. Wake up and in about 30 mins it's back at 100%. I feel the flagship phone has sailed and I feel the mid-range unlocked phones are amazing. Just my two cents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia