What Replacement Phone Have You Decided On?

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't be interested in the pen unless it has a built in spot like the notes do. It's Samsung..making an s pen that doesn't have a secure holding spot on the phone is premature.
Well they have to sell it to you at extra cost to make up the loss of the Note 7...

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered it and got it today. It's nice but still not the Note 7! What do you think is better about the V20?

V10 is not better than the Note 7. I had one LG the V10. Great phone but I will never own one again. Quality control/manufacturing flaw made it a bad experience. Your taking a big risk that it won't work a year later. boot loop issues have affected several generations of LGs including G4, V10, and G5.
As far as the features Note 7 has over LG V20 are iris scanner, IP68, majorly better battery life including a real power saver mode, Max power saving mode (my V10 had 2-3 hrs life and I had 3 different batteries), edge screen, modern form factor with borderless edges, physical home button allowing for more usable screen, Samsung Pay, & stylus. That's a lot of features the note 7 has over the V20!!!!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I had an option finally to get a Note 5 and love it. I still have my S7edge thru tmobile jumo on demand so I'll use that to get into the Note 8 or possibly s8 depending.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, about 2 months after saying I'd wait 4, I think I have an Android phone to hold me over until I see the official Note 8 release in 2017 H2...

I have a Sapphire Black 32gb S6... and lucky it didn't cost me a thing.

Felt like a long road lol... I was going to wait until February for S8 announcement but when I heard the release date was pushed back to April, I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer for the S8 news or the mythical Note 8.

My choice at that time was between the Galaxy S7 Edge and the OnePlus 3T... and if I were to spend full retail on a phone... my choice would have been (still is) the OnePlus 3T. Comparing dollar to dollar, the 3T specs, build and UI/performance can hang with the best of the flagships. Pixel sounds cool but I just can't wrap my arms around that price when it didn't look premium even though probably best pure Android experience.

BUT... through my company I have access, with my bosses blessing, to any of our line numbers eligible for upgrade and buy a phone at contract price as long as I pay for the upgrade myself... so that means I can get a S7 for $199 and a S7 Edge for $299... Now you compare the S7 Edge for $299 and a 3T for $400+... the S7 is the better phone with best camera, screen, water resistance. And at $299 I could afford to spend that much loosely and then consider spending the money on the Note 8 if it really existed next year. I could get an LG V20 for about $350 at subsidized price and think the V20 is nice but not at that price subsidized compared to S7 Edge. Of course this is all my opinion and logic to my decision. Also, even though the 3T might have a purer/faster UI experience, I just got into playing with Android Studio so I wanted acess to the extra Edge features to play with.

I had decided this a couple of weeks ago and all set to buy... but the AT&T commercial site to access our account and order the upgrade had locked out the S7 Edge as an option!! UGH! The consumer site didn't have any restriction so I'm guessing they were controlling inventory during Christmas season :/ Same thing happened to me the day I wanted to buy the Note 7... they announced the recall. Maybe the phone gods were trying to tell me something lol.

So today I am thinking all restrictions should be lifted on corporate upgrade on S7 Edges and ready to buy... and I find out my wifes company has a S6 available... They used it in their lab when it first came out to test their company app and never used it since and no longer in the system.

So... I have a practically new S6 I think should tie me over through S8 release and hopefully Note 8 release and then see if I want to buy any of those phones... or whatever flagship phone may surprise us... OnePlus 4T? Pixel2? And still have my iPhone 6 I've had since my LG died.

Not sure if people will find my long story/decision process interesting but that's what I'm doing in the meantime. Hope everyone else finds a happy solution or able to wait it out... now I can wait it out for the rest of the year. Good luck all.

I said the Note 7 was the absolute biggest phone I'd consider buying... but not getting a chance to buy one and really wanting to play with a Note with S-Pen... I'm considering a Note 5.

Otherwise there really isn't another Android that excites me so if I don't get a Note 5 in hopes of it holding me over til the next Note type phone, I will probably wait the 4 months and see the S8 lineup. If the S8 has the look of the Note 7 and some of the features carried over to the S8 to make me not care about the S-pen then, then I'll probably go with that.

In meantime I have a iPhone 6 borrowed from work to give me time.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, about 2 months after saying I'd wait 4, I think I have an Android phone to hold me over until I see the official Note 8 release in 2017 H2...

I have a Sapphire Black 32gb S6... and lucky it didn't cost me a thing.

Felt like a long road lol... I was going to wait until February for S8 announcement but when I heard the release date was pushed back to April, I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer for the S8 news or the mythical Note 8.

My choice at that time was between the Galaxy S7 Edge and the OnePlus 3T... and if I were to spend full retail on a phone... my choice would have been (still is) the OnePlus 3T. Comparing dollar to dollar, the 3T specs, build and UI/performance can hang with the best of the flagships. Pixel sounds cool but I just can't wrap my arms around that price when it didn't look premium even though probably best pure Android experience.

BUT... through my company I have access, with my bosses blessing, to any of our line numbers eligible for upgrade and buy a phone at contract price as long as I pay for the upgrade myself... so that means I can get a S7 for $199 and a S7 Edge for $299... Now you compare the S7 Edge for $299 and a 3T for $400+... the S7 is the better phone with best camera, screen, water resistance. And at $299 I could afford to spend that much loosely and then consider spending the money on the Note 8 if it really existed next year. I could get an LG V20 for about $350 at subsidized price and think the V20 is nice but not at that price subsidized compared to S7 Edge. Of course this is all my opinion and logic to my decision. Also, even though the 3T might have a purer/faster UI experience, I just got into playing with Android Studio so I wanted acess to the extra Edge features to play with.

I had decided this a couple of weeks ago and all set to buy... but the AT&T commercial site to access our account and order the upgrade had locked out the S7 Edge as an option!! UGH! The consumer site didn't have any restriction so I'm guessing they were controlling inventory during Christmas season :/ Same thing happened to me the day I wanted to buy the Note 7... they announced the recall. Maybe the phone gods were trying to tell me something lol.

So today I am thinking all restrictions should be lifted on corporate upgrade on S7 Edges and ready to buy... and I find out my wifes company has a S6 available... They used it in their lab when it first came out to test their company app and never used it since and no longer in the system.

So... I have a practically new S6 I think should tie me over through S8 release and hopefully Note 8 release and then see if I want to buy any of those phones... or whatever flagship phone may surprise us... OnePlus 4T? Pixel2? And still have my iPhone 6 I've had since my LG died.

Not sure if people will find my long story/decision process interesting but that's what I'm doing in the meantime. Hope everyone else finds a happy solution or able to wait it out... now I can wait it out for the rest of the year. Good luck all.

I enjoyed reading your post! Glad you are happy with your S6 - it's a great device!

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I returned to my S6 Edge + , which gives me that Note 7 feel and size minus the pen. Instead of returning my Note 7 to Verizon, I sent it in to Samsung and have a $850 check being sent to me.....So the wait begins for the S8/N8

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Package disabler, BK Blocker, and the N7 Alliance shield app(can't have too many ways to stay protected lol). Still going strong with 100% battery and no updates! Just hoping to stay update free until the N8

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
The G6 is coming soon too, just saying... That G6 tune from a few years ago will sound so sweet on this baby.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay