Updates?!? What the....

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
No. Looking at it after these updates shows exactly where that intense heat comes from. At some point I feel they could all fail. I wanted to keep mine to play with but the way android updates sometimes with apps that heat can cause the issue at any point. It sucks but they have to start from scratch no way to fix that kind of fubar. Really hate that the perfect phone is the perfect storm in all the wrong ways.

turnjet

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
After the update my phone is blazing fast, anyone else?

I'm sitting on the fence at the moment about exchanging my Note 7 for a stopgap till the Note 8. I can't go back to the Note 5 with no SD slot, so the A9 should suffice with 2xSIM slots+SD slot and 6 inch screen.

I actually visited the shop I purchased from and almost pulled the trigger but decided on giving it a few more days to see how things pan out. After this update though, I may give it a bit longer.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
What update ? What's the build number under about settings, I've disabled push updates on mine as I want to filter what might be a gimp update to cripple the phone.im on 2aphe. Taking x rays of mine biweekly to see if I can catch anything go wrong

Attachments

• IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 80

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
Open Google Play.
Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
Tap Settings.
Tap Auto-update apps.
To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.

I just turned my auto updates off. But, I will still soon turn in my GN7. Need to decide on which phone to get.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
To turn updates on or off, follow these steps:
Open Google Play.
Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top-left.
Tap Settings.
Tap Auto-update apps.
To disable automatic app updates, select Do not auto-update apps.

I just turned my auto updates off. But, I will still soon turn in my GN7. Need to decide on which phone to get.
If you want the same specs minus the spen get the s7e. I settled on it because it's just a hair smaller screen. Got the same camera settings. Hopefully they push the N7 ui to it. I do miss the pen but hey its fast and better to have a place to put that 256Gb card.

soky001

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Just updated, everything looks nice and smooth, no warming up, no problem at all with the phone. Am I the only one considering to keep this, by now, best device ever made?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
What update ? What's the build number under about settings, I've disabled push updates on mine as I want to filter what might be a gimp update to cripple the phone.im on 2aphe. Taking x rays of mine biweekly to see if I can catch anything go wrong
I don't know if this is possible on Samsung's part, but I would think with this type of issue, they might be able to push the update regardless of your settings. They disabled the Gear VR. I realize that's a Samsung app and a lot easier to do.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My lord... yes, Samsung has 10,000 engineers, but all they had to do was come here, all these experts, (and the fools that believe them) will solve your problems for free. Experts everywhere.

A few points... 1) your phone is dangerous, no matter what. Charging or not, rapid charging or not, the battery is a bomb that may or may not go off. It can be caused a thousand different things, and watching a tear down video on YouTube isn't going to give you the answer. Do you really thing Samsung, a typical greedy company, is going to throw away $2-10 BILLION in sales over anything they could have fixed? 2) If they cripple the device then it will have to be done at the system level. Anyone who thinks they are gaming the system by turning off auto updates from the play store is just plain not smart enough to own a smart phone. It would have to be a system level update pushed by the carriers!!! the only way to stop that (maybe) is to disable the updates package using package disabler. The oculas software is a completely different thing, and has nothing to do with crippling the phone. (oculus doesn't run as a system app, its a normal app... it also won't run if it isn't the latest version, so they got you either way!)

Return your phone... want the top specs get a S7edge, want a big screen and an s-pen, get a Note 5 (best buy has a gift card promo that pretty darn good!). Went back to the Note 5 myself, and really like it. I didn't dislike the edge screen on the N7, but I am actually pleasantly pleased by it being gone on the Note 5.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My lord... yes, Samsung has 10,000 engineers, but all they had to do was come here, all these experts, (and the fools that believe them) will solve your problems for free. Experts everywhere.

A few points... 1) your phone is dangerous, no matter what. Charging or not, rapid charging or not, the battery is a bomb that may or may not go off. It can be caused a thousand different things, and watching a tear down video on YouTube isn't going to give you the answer. Do you really thing Samsung, a typical greedy company, is going to throw away $2-10 BILLION in sales over anything they could have fixed? 2) If they cripple the device then it will have to be done at the system level. Anyone who thinks they are gaming the system by turning off auto updates from the play store is just plain not smart enough to own a smart phone. It would have to be a system level update pushed by the carriers!!! the only way to stop that (maybe) is to disable the updates package using package disabler. The oculas software is a completely different thing, and has nothing to do with crippling the phone. (oculus doesn't run as a system app, its a normal app... it also won't run if it isn't the latest version, so they got you either way!)

Return your phone... want the top specs get a S7edge, want a big screen and an s-pen, get a Note 5 (best buy has a gift card promo that pretty darn good!). Went back to the Note 5 myself, and really like it. I didn't dislike the edge screen on the N7, but I am actually pleasantly pleased by it being gone on the Note 5.
Point being yes you can tell where the fire starts. Yes they are all ticking time bombs. That's why I shut it down. The heat is an issue for the battery. And being that close to the cpu it makes it even worse. They can't fix that in any of the N7's. They have to move everything in order to do that. That's a complete redesign. You seem to think engineers can fix it. Not at all. It takes technicians to fix it and tell the engineers why they had to make the change. So this wasn't just an engineering failure but a complete failure on the entire technical department. Samsung will never say anything to us about it. Just get the Note 5 or s7e and ship that pos back to them.

Last edited:

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
After the update my phone is blazing fast, anyone else?

I'm sitting on the fence at the moment about exchanging my Note 7 for a stopgap till the Note 8. I can't go back to the Note 5 with no SD slot, so the A9 should suffice with 2xSIM slots+SD slot and 6 inch screen.

Good choice! i love love love my A9, but prolly would have gotten the A9 Pro if it had been out. (4GB vs 3GB, 16mp vs 13mp camera and 4000 vs 5000 battery) I had said in an earlier post, if they had equipped the A9 build with the N7 internals, there would have been no stopping this phone!

A9 In Box.jpg

BTC

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Good choice! i love love love my A9, but prolly would have gotten the A9 Pro if it had been out. (4GB vs 3GB, 16mp vs 13mp camera and 4000 vs 5000 battery) I had said in an earlier post, if they had equipped the A9 build with the N7 internals, there would have been no stopping this phone!

View attachment 242457

BTC

Wow nice, shame it's a "mid range" phone.
Why oh why did THIS phone have to be Windows and not Android: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...house.com%2Fhp%2Felite-x3.html&token=mUOe5Pyn

Shadowyugi

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
My main phone is still the N7 atm. At least till thursday, after which I change for a pixel xl.

It's shame though. Easily one of the best phones of the year, and it's being shut down due to design flaws.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21