11-03-2016 01:33 PM
125 1234 ...
tools
    I truely believe if the N7 was a danger to the public, Samsung would have sent out a update right away to disable the phone.
    10-16-2016 02:45 PM
    The issues are due to the battery from a chemical short that can be already unstable, or made that way from a drop. Root cause per Samsung is some batteries have the issue due to production.

Not seeing how heat is the trigger, but a compromise of the anode cathode layers through faulty production that shows up quickly, or compromised from a drop or some similar force.

Best test would be drops and not trying to get it hot. Otherwise probably not burning up. The lack of battery tech appreciation appears to proliferate even after the Note 7 death.

Key word being Some in regards to batteries being compromised.
    Source?
    10-16-2016 03:08 PM
    I truely believe if the N7 was a danger to the public, Samsung would have sent out a update right away to disable the phone.
    I still think some of the events post recall were not due to the Note 7, but Samsung screwed up in communication and the tight design that helped facilitate the the real burning incidents. Pre recall, Jeep Guy helped establish the meme narrative and grandma got the family emotions going- neither due to the Note 7. Jeep Guy was an Ecig and grandma claimed to have a Note 7 when obviously did not.

None the less, Samsung can kiss ever getting the coveted enterprise business back or growing it- that segment is dead for them now. No telling how many stranded professionals are dealing with IT to migrate to another device before return flights, or just on their own to manage. Assuming they find out before trying to check in.

Sealed batteries are doing Samsung no good- regardless if fair or not.
    10-16-2016 03:09 PM
    I'm in that number. I've called my guy to do my N7 to S7E exchange, but I just can't bring myself to get in my car and go. I've even backed my phone up, but didn't do the reset. I.JUST.CANT!
    I finally did the factory reset. It just reminded me how great that phone was everytime I picked it up. Have to distance myself from it and pretend it doesn't exist lol. The S7 edge is also a great phone just not as great as the N7.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-16-2016 03:13 PM
    I just talked my self into getting a v20, then I read stuff like this and half want to keep my n7. Ugh.
    10-16-2016 03:19 PM
    It really doesn't matter, does it? Samsung killed it. I'm not happy about it at all, but we just have to deal with it. End of story.
    LeoRex likes this.
    10-16-2016 03:20 PM
    Source?
    Look up Samsung's releases during the CPSC review. Excess pressure during production that can result in a short (cell layer bonding/build). They said nothing about a circuit fault that could create heat issues.
    10-16-2016 03:20 PM
    Well I say someone give out the email to someone important enough at Samsung mobile to hear what we have to say! We want to prove the N7 safe. Then we need to help test it for them!
    Viscomi4444 and GMGCPA like this.
    10-16-2016 03:58 PM
    I called VZW today to do have them note my account for full refund of purchase price and no fees to reactivate my Note 4. The CSR advised me it was my choice to continue using the phone, but once the recall period ends, which she mentioned 12/1, there would be no warranty or technical support or liability on behalf of Samsung and VZW. But she said she has spoken to numerous individuals who intend to keep the phone and take all responsibility and liability on themselves, largely due to the fact there is no good replacement phone available that is not a downgrade. I would assume we will get a warning when that date is coming close, but I too am using the phone until the very last day it is returnable.
    10-16-2016 04:13 PM
    The Note7 definitely has problems
    ...hence the recall of all of them. That does not mean all of them have a problem. But SOME of the problems are the following:

The media incorrectly reporting several of the incidents erroneously stating the device to be a Note7.

Some of the claims made are obviously questionable.

Samsung would have to inspect every single Note7 to identify and conclusively determine the actual number of defective devices which I would imagine to be cost prohibitive.

Samsung has been unable to recreate the problems in their testing facilities.

Again, this does not mean all devices are proven to be affected, just all devices must be recalled.
    Media destroyed this phone..... plain and simple. Oh, and the liars looking for a payout. Under 100 cases worldwide. No phones burning up in stores. And the fact that Samsung engineers and a million people holding out haven't had problems makes something seem a little fishy. I still do think they made the best decision for them, as a company.
    10-16-2016 04:18 PM
    Look up Samsung's releases during the CPSC review. Excess pressure during production that can result in a short (cell layer bonding/build). They said nothing about a circuit fault that could create heat issues.
    As far as I know, Samsung hasn't announced any new findings and have been unable to replicate the issue.
    10-16-2016 04:43 PM
    Media destroyed this phone..... plain and simple. Oh, and the liars looking for a payout. Under 100 cases worldwide. No phones burning up in stores. And the fact that Samsung engineers and a million people holding out haven't had problems makes something seem a little fishy. I still do think they made the best decision for them, as a company.
    Exactly. This was the best phone in the last 10 years....but sabotage, fanboy bloggers, poor reporting, media bandwagoning, and charlatans looking for their 15 seconds of fame ruined it.

Oh well.
    10-16-2016 04:45 PM
    "If I can't keep my Note 7, then dammit you can't keep yours either".
    10-16-2016 04:46 PM
    I called VZW today to do have them note my account for full refund of purchase price and no fees to reactivate my Note 4. The CSR advised me it was my choice to continue using the phone, but once the recall period ends, which she mentioned 12/1, there would be no warranty or technical support or liability on behalf of Samsung and VZW. But she said she has spoken to numerous individuals who intend to keep the phone and take all responsibility and liability on themselves, largely due to the fact there is no good replacement phone available that is not a downgrade. I would assume we will get a warning when that date is coming close, but I too am using the phone until the very last day it is returnable.
    So the people keeping them will be charged full price for the phone and have no support whatsoever?

Did you ask if a box (for N7 return) will be sent to you automatically once you activate your N4?
    I'm just going to swap the SIM from the N7 into another phone I have laying around. Guess I'd have to call Verizon for a box once I make the switch
    10-16-2016 05:13 PM
    So the people keeping them will be charged full price for the phone and have no support whatsoever?

Did you ask if a box (for N7 return) will be sent to you automatically once you activate your N4?
    I'm just going to swap the SIM from the N7 into another phone I have laying around. Guess I'd have to call Verizon for a box once I make the switch
    When the end is announced, I'm taking it into the store for a refund. And the sum from the Note 7 doesn't work in the Note 4, so you'll need to have a newer phone laying around to swap Sims.
    10-16-2016 05:15 PM
    When the end is announced, I'm taking it into the store for a refund. And the sum from the Note 7 doesn't work in the Note 4, so you'll need to have a newer phone laying around to swap Sims.
    SIM card adapter will work... They come in handy and they're only like 4-5 dollars. I actually made my own adapter to place the nano SIM into the micro SIM tray of th N3
    10-16-2016 05:20 PM
    You're not hearing more about fires, because the media is focused on their next shiny and new story. If there's one that catches fire now (which a person has not begun the recall on), it's the fault of the individual, and the media doesn't care. It's a no story.

Now, for you guys being stubborn and keeping your Note 7's, I feel you. I had a real hard time doing the exchange. That said, you need to remember that if you keep the Note 7, it will be worth zero in a year when you go to buy the next Note. You won't be able to trade it or sell it.

Also, keep in mind that other products could stop working with the Note 7...just as the Gear VR stopped working a week ago when an update crippled it. Saying you'll turn off updating for the next year sounds fine and dandy now, but that's because your phone is fresh with updates right now. In 6 months when your Note 7 isn't able to do basic functions because you can't update your apps, then what?

I know this sucks, but keeping the phone really isn't realistic
    FSU30, crystinonfire and tonyr6 like this.
    10-16-2016 05:39 PM
    Well I just sent emails with video showing that torture testing the N7 isn't even burning it up to the cpsc and Samsung. Sorry but I feel that there is more to these fires than just spontaneous combustion. Some may be real while others may be deliberate. I got a phone for vr. What I need is the camera and spen with the expandable storage.
    10-16-2016 05:47 PM
    Well if thats true what that verizon rep said and we can keep the note7 then can someone explain how the phone will still be paid off? I seriously doubt Verizon is just gonna let us go on paying our bill without the charge of the phone itself?
    10-16-2016 05:54 PM
    You're not hearing more about fires, because the corrupt, biased, liberal media is focused on their next shiny and new story. If there's one that catches fire now (which a person has not begun the recall on), it's the fault of the individual, and the media doesn't care. It's a no story.

Now, for you guys being stubborn and keeping your Note 7's, I feel you. I had a real hard time doing the exchange. That said, you need to remember that if you keep the Note 7, it will be worth zero in a year when you go to buy the next Note. You won't be able to trade it or sell it.

Also, keep in mind that other products could stop working with the Note 7...just as the Gear VR stopped working a week ago when an update crippled it. Saying you'll turn off updating for the next year sounds fine and dandy now, but that's because your phone is fresh with updates right now. In 6 months when your Note 7 isn't able to do basic functions because you can't update your apps, then what?

I know this sucks, but keeping the phone really isn't realistic
    So youre saying its guaranteed that our apps wont update in the future?
    10-16-2016 05:56 PM
    I still think some of the events post recall were not due to the Note 7, but Samsung screwed up in communication and the tight design that helped facilitate the the real burning incidents. Pre recall, Jeep Guy helped establish the meme narrative and grandma got the family emotions going- neither due to the Note 7. Jeep Guy was an Ecig and grandma claimed to have a Note 7 when obviously did not.

None the less, Samsung can kiss ever getting the coveted enterprise business back or growing it- that segment is dead for them now. No telling how many stranded professionals are dealing with IT to migrate to another device before return flights, or just on their own to manage. Assuming they find out before trying to check in.

Sealed batteries are doing Samsung no good- regardless if fair or not.
    For people who made those false claims, Hopefully Samsung sues them.
    10-16-2016 06:07 PM
    Tons of us are still using them...
    Speaking of which:

Right after the first recall was announced someone posted data to this forum showing how many Note 7s were still in active use. Of course I can't find this post now, but I'd be very curious to know how many Note 7s are still in use today.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-16-2016 06:54 PM
    Speaking of which:

Right after the first recall was announced someone posted data to this forum showing how many Note 7s were still in active use. Of course I can't find this post now, but I'd be very curious to know how many Note 7s are still in use today.
    Yes that would be nice to know.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-16-2016 07:00 PM
    So youre saying its guaranteed that our apps wont update in the future?
    Can you guarantee they will? Exactly. Turn in your damn phone. Or don't. Who cares...
    10-16-2016 07:19 PM
    Still using mine like nothing is wrong in the world. Will keep using it for at least 2 more weeks until the LG V20 releases. Then I'll reluctantly turn it over. Because sadly I know it has zero future.
    10-16-2016 07:40 PM
125 1234 ...