11-03-2016 01:33 PM
125 12345
tools
    Still using mine like nothing is wrong in the world. Will keep using it for at least 2 more weeks until the LG V20 releases. Then I'll reluctantly turn it over. Because sadly I know it has zero future.
    Same here
    soldier45 likes this.
    10-16-2016 07:42 PM
    Well with all us crazy people still using it. Yep turned it back on in less than 12hrs. Will any of us admit it if it does go flame on? Talked to Samsung. They say turn it off. CPSC says well we don't know yet if there is a serious problem. Seriously they still don't know if it's going to blow up out of the blue! This is totally ridiculous if you ask me. I'm sure if one of us has a N7 go up we would surely post pics here right? I got made fun of today at work because I was to scared of my little flame thrower.
    dejanh likes this.
    10-16-2016 07:47 PM
    Thank you for this VZW update as i too am holding out to the last second hoping for a miracle N7 save but have installed package disabler pro to block any shut down software updates...stay tuned i guess...
    10-16-2016 07:53 PM
    Even if people decide not to believe the phone has probelms the decision has been made....You wont recieve updates and are putting yourself at risk of not being able to get a replacment if you wait too long ...If u decide to keep it youll be keeping a phone u will never be able to get fixed or claim through insurance or sell.....That in itself should get you to switch
    10-16-2016 07:57 PM
    Well with all us crazy people still using it. Yep turned it back on in less than 12hrs. Will any of us admit it if it does go flame on? Talked to Samsung. They say turn it off. CPSC says well we don't know yet if there is a serious problem. Seriously they still don't know if it's going to blow up out of the blue! This is totally ridiculous if you ask me. I'm sure if one of us has a N7 go up we would surely post pics here right? I got made fun of today at work because I was to scared of my little flame thrower.
    I'm not 100% sure the phone is safe. Plus I have a feeling somewhere down the line the phone will get crippled or even bricked. So when the v20 comes out.... I'm turning it in for that. I'm gonna miss that s pen and waterproof but i guess that's about it.
    10-16-2016 07:58 PM
    Still using mine like nothing is wrong in the world. Will keep using it for at least 2 more weeks until the LG V20 releases. Then I'll reluctantly turn it over. Because sadly I know it has zero future.
    I'm with this man. I know I can't keep it indefinitely. I'm just keeping it until the absolute last minute. No carrier has stated a deadline yet, and they probably can't in reality, since this is a worldwide recall, with government involved.
    10-16-2016 08:00 PM
    I'm not 100% sure the phone is safe. Plus I have a feeling somewhere down the line the phone will get crippled or even bricked. So when the v20 comes out.... I'm turning it in for that. I'm gonna miss that s pen and waterproof but i guess that's about it.
    Has LG addressed their dim displays? I looked at the G5 once upon a time. I thought the brightness was like 25%, and it was actually on max. When I look at what's on the market, it's ridiculous how good the Note 7 is. The haters couldn't let this one exist.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-16-2016 08:04 PM
    Still using the Note 7, zero issues. Phone actually runs cooler than any phone I have every used. I'll do my best from keeping any Verizon updates going through...but that doesn't stop apps from updating does it? Say I use package disabler and ensure no verizon "security patches" or updates come through, I'll still be able to update any and all apps through Google Play, correct? Then where's the issues? I'm not one to sell my phone when I'm done with it, I normally hang on to one or two generations to use as mini tablets basically. I'll check out the LG V20 and Google Pixel when they come out, test them in hand, but overall I plan to use the Note 7 until the phone is bricked. Verizon has wiped out what I owe on the phone, so I'm just paying for the service now on an amazing phone that I got for $60 or so at this point!
    10-16-2016 08:41 PM
    Still using it also. The problem here is that even though our units our working fine now, we won't know if it'll blow up down the line.
    Joeykool and keepnitreel like this.
    10-16-2016 08:44 PM
    Note 7 rocked real hard, in spite of the curve and weakish signal reception. Best device I owned, but glad the ban happened the day after getting back from a flight. Note 7 gone and back to its grandpa, Note 4.
    10-16-2016 08:56 PM
    Went to AT&T corporate store today to look at the V20. While its not a Note 7 I thought the phone was really nice. Screen display was pretty close to my N7, had it right next to it!! Not having an actual "home button" that I have been used to since my Original Note wasn't that hard to get used to after about 5 minutes of use. Navigating web pages was actually faster than my Note. The camera was really nice. I always put my Notes into an Otterbox on day 1, so I could really care less about the back cover on the V20 and with the V20 having a flat screen vs the edge I could go back to the tempered glass protector. Still haven't made up my mind 100%, but I am leaning towards the V20. My wife has the S7edge and its just not for me. No way can I go to an iphone. I will miss the S-pen for sure. Samsung for me hit a homerun with how the pen and the screen work on the N7. Ill hold out as long as I can, but it looks like a V20 for me when I am forced to give up the N7. Samsung royally screwed up a GREAT phone with this mess.
    Joeykool and cinnamin like this.
    10-16-2016 09:01 PM
    I considered the V20, but damn. I really wouldn't want to give up wireless charging, virtual reality, water resistant, high quality display, and the curved edge screen.
    msndrstood likes this.
    10-16-2016 09:08 PM
    Has LG addressed their dim displays? I looked at the G5 once upon a time. I thought the brightness was like 25%, and it was actually on max. When I look at what's on the market, it's ridiculous how good the Note 7 is. The haters couldn't let this one exist.
    I heard a lot about this. When I had my v10 I never had any issues. I just kept it on Auto unless I watched video
    10-16-2016 09:12 PM
    Went to AT&T corporate store today to look at the V20. While its not a Note 7 I thought the phone was really nice. Screen display was pretty close to my N7, had it right next to it!! Not having an actual "home button" that I have been used to since my Original Note wasn't that hard to get used to after about 5 minutes of use. Navigating web pages was actually faster than my Note. The camera was really nice. I always put my Notes into an Otterbox on day 1, so I could really care less about the back cover on the V20 and with the V20 having a flat screen vs the edge I could go back to the tempered glass protector. Still haven't made up my mind 100%, but I am leaning towards the V20. My wife has the S7edge and its just not for me. No way can I go to an iphone. I will miss the S-pen for sure. Samsung for me hit a homerun with how the pen and the screen work on the N7. Ill hold out as long as I can, but it looks like a V20 for me when I am forced to give up the N7. Samsung royally screwed up a GREAT phone with this mess.
    It still has a home button, it is just not a physical button.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    10-16-2016 09:14 PM
    I agree it does have a "button", just took some getting used to. No biggie after 5 minutes or so of using it. Oh and the wireless charging will also be missed.
    10-16-2016 09:24 PM
    I heard a lot about this. When I had my v10 I never had any issues. I just kept it on Auto unless I watched video
    I thought the display on the V20 was pretty close to my N7 on about the same %. Not sure what it would look like outside in the sun, but it wasn't bad at all.
    The problem is with AT&,T my choices are the S7 line, LG or an iphone. Hate the iphone, not a fan of the Edge on the S7, so I run out of choices.
    soldier45 likes this.
    10-16-2016 09:29 PM
    I didn't report the one from yesterday or any of the others that happened last weekend because of reactions like this. I work here so I'm unable to tell you what I think of you and your opinion when you tell me what you think of me and mine

Everyone knows what Samsung wanted to tell you. You can play armchair engineer, talk about things that do not exist outside of a poorly translated press release, and argue about it forever without my input.

If anything happens that is important, we'll make sure to let everyone know.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-17-2016 02:17 AM
    "If I can't keep my Note 7, then dammit you can't keep yours either".
    Lol
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-17-2016 08:59 AM
    So the people keeping them will be charged full price for the phone and have no support whatsoever?

Did you ask if a box (for N7 return) will be sent to you automatically once you activate your N4?
    I'm just going to swap the SIM from the N7 into another phone I have laying around. Guess I'd have to call Verizon for a box once I make the switch
    I've been refunded for the payments I've already made and it doesn't appear that they will be charging me for future payments either, so from that perspective, we get to keep the phone for free, but IDK if that is actually the case.

I'm not sending mine back unless it gets bricked.

That brings up the question, if we rooted and blocked OTA updates, could we prevent said bricking? I'm not even sure if it is even possible on the current VZW build since I didn't want to trip knox previously for warranty reasons, but now I don't care lol.
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    10-17-2016 09:24 AM
    Also, I'm paying insurance for my line, so they HAVE to honor that and I imagine if my phone breaks I can pay the deductible and they would send me the most comparable device which is the s7 edge.... That's much cheaper than paying for the phone like normal and losing my upgrade eligibility. Thoughts?
    10-17-2016 09:26 AM
    It really doesn't matter, does it? Samsung killed it. I'm not happy about it at all, but we just have to deal with it. End of story.
    Absolutely correct! There were several confirmed fires. Samsung and the CSPC had no other choice but to recall the Note 7 before there was severe damage, or even death involved. The carriers pretty tied Samsung's hands as they were getting returns/exchanges like crazy.

I'm sure that there continues to be fires, but the hype has died down. And remember, many users changed their habits so that lessens the incidents as well.
    10-17-2016 01:51 PM
    And were there ever reports of store display phones burning or of boxes full of them in storage or in travel burning? Only individuals that I've read about. Good insurance scam, if it was an insurance scam of course. Certainly makes it easy pickings for the opposition doesn't it.
    There was a display device at a T-Mobile store that caught fire. I can't remember which state. Arizona maybe....
    10-17-2016 06:50 PM
    There was a display device at a T-Mobile store that caught fire. I can't remember which state. Arizona maybe....
    That was before the first recall.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-17-2016 07:54 PM
    That was before the first recall.
    Right. There have been no reported incidents since that big weekend.

The media got what they wanted, then moved on.
    10-17-2016 07:59 PM
    I'm continuing to use mine. I'm not going to stop either. I don't sell my phones either so i don't care about resale value. My carrier will have to brick my phone to get me to stop using it. End of story.
    10-17-2016 10:31 PM
125 12345