11-03-2016 01:33 PM
125 ... 345
tools
    Still have mine, and still use it daily (waiting on vzw to send return packaging) but it's not on the network, and I don't take it with me when I leave the house.

I kinda wish vzw would just send the return packaging already.... I'd love to re-activate it, but highly doubt vzw would let me....
    What color is it. If blue I will buy it.
    10-24-2016 09:50 PM
    I'm also highly suspicious that the replacement GN7s have a problem that can cause a fire. Mine has been working flawlessly & not overheating. I am researching replacement phones, since I know I will need to return it soon.
    If you have the blue one I will buy it from you.
    10-24-2016 09:53 PM
    Yes well I'd rather keep using Note 7 instead of this s7edge but if they brick them?? So will be returning it next week. Id be the first to buy again tho.
    Samsung said it was a voluntary recall recall so I'm not expecting them to brick it. And as long as it's taking people to get replacement S7's or S7 Edge's the Note 8 will probably be out before they would even be able to to brick it.
    steelers1 likes this.
    10-24-2016 09:57 PM
    actually, yes there was. Back in late Aug someone from the St. Louis area posted pics of a Tmobile display model that burnt up. They worked for Tmobile and posted actual pic of it.
    Can you find it. I don't believe it.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-24-2016 10:02 PM
    I'm using my note 7 every day
    No issues
    Will continue to use it until t-mobile cuts service to it
    I disabled software updates capabilities through package disabler, in case Samsung tries to cripple it
    Samsung wants to give me 100 to DOWNGRADE to a lesser phone and waste my upgrade eligibility
    And make me pay for a phone I DON'T WANT.... So when the galaxy S8 comes out, I won't be able to upgrade
    No way that is going to happen
    I'm keeping my note 7 to the Last possible minute

Hopefully until s8 comes out
    Can you please explain to me how you disabled automatic updates?
    10-24-2016 10:05 PM
    You're not hearing more about fires, because the media is focused on their next shiny and new story. If there's one that catches fire now (which a person has not begun the recall on), it's the fault of the individual, and the media doesn't care. It's a no story.

Now, for you guys being stubborn and keeping your Note 7's, I feel you. I had a real hard time doing the exchange. That said, you need to remember that if you keep the Note 7, it will be worth zero in a year when you go to buy the next Note. You won't be able to trade it or sell it.

Also, keep in mind that other products could stop working with the Note 7...just as the Gear VR stopped working a week ago when an update crippled it. Saying you'll turn off updating for the next year sounds fine and dandy now, but that's because your phone is fresh with updates right now. In 6 months when your Note 7 isn't able to do basic functions because you can't update your apps, then what?

I know this sucks, but keeping the phone really isn't realistic
    The is going to be a collector's item and will fetch much more than I paid for it, but I probably will keep even after I get the next note.
    10-24-2016 10:22 PM
    Even if people decide not to believe the phone has probelms the decision has been made....You wont recieve updates and are putting yourself at risk of not being able to get a replacment if you wait too long ...If u decide to keep it youll be keeping a phone u will never be able to get fixed or claim through insurance or sell.....That in itself should get you to switch
    Those of us who's keeping the phone know all of that but the phone is so great that we don't care. I disagree with you that it won't be worth anything though. It'll be a collector's item and will be worth more than we paid for it once the foolish ones realize there's nothing wrong with the phone.
    10-24-2016 10:32 PM
    Had one Note 7 burning in Malaysia just this sunday. First case of Samsung Note7 fire reported in Malaysia | TODAYonline
    Is that really a Note 7? I don't see a S pen.
    10-24-2016 10:51 PM
    I call bs. That phone been out for awhile now and now one caught on fire? Some entity really has it out for Samsung.
    I would find out if this s7e was made in the same place as the N7's and go from there.
    There have been at least five reports of S7Es exploding. The most widely known case is a construction manager that suffered 2nd & 3rd degree burns in an explosion in May (he bought his phone in March?). He claimed Sammy didn't respond properly and is suing. There is at least one law firm attempting a class action suit for S7E fires.
    undercovergeek likes this.
    10-24-2016 10:57 PM
    Heres one from china...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/bu...hina-test.html

It appears to have happened yesterday, but you know how the media is
    There are a lot of cheap Chinese replica Note 7s out there. Someone actually tried to sell me one a couple of days ago. The back panel is actually plastic made to look like glass.The one in this video appears that the back panel melted while the front panel did not.
    10-24-2016 10:59 PM
    There are a lot of cheap Chinese replica Note 7s out there. Someone actually tried to sell me one a couple of days ago. The back panel is actually plastic made to look like glass.The one in this video appears that the back panel melted while the front panel did not.
    I wonder if some if not all are knock offs. The phones burn and you cant get the imed number so they can't tell where they came from or even if they are legit. Hence Samsung cant duplicate the problem. Not to mention a couple of ppl wouldn't let Samsung look at the phone.

Edit: After thinking about it, they should be able to get that info from the carriers. Of all the phoned supposedly catching fire, none mentioned what carrier they were on I think. And of all the ppl on this fourm, none caught fire???

๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ smell that?
    10-25-2016 12:25 AM
    Is that really a Note 7? I don't see a S pen.
    You don't? See below -- I highlighted it with a red box.
    Attached Thumbnails Interesting - any reports of burning Note 7s in the past week?-spenfire.png ย 
    Breuklen likes this.
    10-25-2016 02:24 AM
    I wonder if some if not all are knock offs. The phones burn and you cant get the imed number so they can't tell where they came from or even if they are legit. Hence Samsung cant duplicate the problem. Not to mention a couple of ppl would let Samsung look at the phone.

Edit: After thinking about it, they should be able to get that info from tbe carriers. Of all the phoned supposedly catching fire, none mentioned what carrier they were on I think. A d of all the ppl on tbis fourm, none caught fire???

smell that?
    The Note 7 that burned up here in Richmond Virginia was a Sprint version. The guy is a friend of a coworker of mine. I can't speak for all cases but I know this case is legit.
    10-25-2016 05:14 AM
    You don't? See below -- I highlighted it with a red box.
    Ok. I was assuming that was the front of the phone so I was looking on the wrong end. I can't see too good anyway.
    10-25-2016 05:55 PM
    10-25-2016 08:43 PM
    Stopped reading after, "His pixel was being delivered today"
    10-27-2016 04:10 AM
    The silence is deafening.

Call me Fox Mulder, but I still think this is some sort of conspiracy.
    11-03-2016 10:01 AM
    The silence is deafening.

Call me Fox Mulder, but I still think this is some sort of conspiracy.
    We won't know until Samsung comes forward with their findings. So far they haven't been able to find a single issue. Could it be that a bunch of phones got cooked in transport and that made them prone to failure?
    11-03-2016 10:33 AM
    We won't know until Samsung comes forward with their findings. So far they haven't been able to find a single issue. Could it be that a bunch of phones got cooked in transport and that made them prone to failure?
    Or that they were dropped or damaged in such a way that the layers in the battery were compressed resulting in the fault.
    msndrstood likes this.
    11-03-2016 10:48 AM
    From their message yesterday they seem to admit they dropped the ball with the bad media being "deserved" and saying they need to earn peoples trust again.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2016 12:18 PM
    From their message yesterday they seem to admit they dropped the ball with the bad media being "deserved" and saying they need to earn peoples trust again.
    I'm not sure that I understand.
    11-03-2016 12:41 PM
    I'm not sure that I understand.
    Samsung took ownership (via a letter yesterday) and said they dropped the ball. They said the bad media has been deserved due to their mistake and they'll work to earn the trust of Samsung users again. They also again asked all to power down / return or exchange for another phone.
    11-03-2016 12:45 PM
    My interpretation is that Samsung handled the media situation poorly from responding to "reports" to their own failure to get proper information out to the public, and that is why they deserve it. Nothing more and nothing less.
    11-03-2016 12:46 PM
    Pretty sure this is more due to their Asian culture/etiquette than actually admitting fault. How can they say they deserved the criticism when they don't even know if it's their fault. This is a foreign concept here in the US. See below for color. They reference Chinese community, but earlier indicate this applies to Asian culture in general. Pretty sure this is the real driver for their message yesterday.

One of the most damaging reputations any person can have in a Chinese community is to be called bu gei mianzi, which means one who does not care enough to give Face. Such a person can easily offend others because he appears not to care about their Face. This description, unfortunately, is most frequently applied to foreigners who don't know any better. Conversely, a person who is proficient in the art of Giving Face not only enhances his own Face, but also ensures the most effective possible professional and personal relations with others.
    What Is โ€˜Faceโ€™ In Asian Culture and Why Should We Care? | International Man
    11-03-2016 01:14 PM
    We don't need more and more trolling. Thanks everyone, hopefully next thread is better.
    11-03-2016 01:33 PM
125 ... 345