Interesting - any reports of burning Note 7s in the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Tons of us are still using them... yet no new reports since the recall last week.

Interesting.

(cue the X-Files music...)

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Still have mine, and still use it daily (waiting on vzw to send return packaging) but it's not on the network, and I don't take it with me when I leave the house.

I kinda wish vzw would just send the return packaging already.... I'd love to re-activate it, but highly doubt vzw would let me....

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
And were there ever reports of store display phones burning or of boxes full of them in storage or in travel burning? Only individuals that I've read about. Good insurance scam, if it was an insurance scam of course. Certainly makes it easy pickings for the opposition doesn't it.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Very interesting. I'm still using mine without incident. Not even overheating. The hype is unreal. There have been cars which crash and kill people but aren't banned from roadways when recalled.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I read an article a few days ago that estimated about 1 million N7s are still in use around the world even though people were ask to turn them off.
Even if only 250,000 or 100,000 are still in use around the the world, where's the fires?

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm also highly suspicious that the replacement GN7s have a problem that can cause a fire. Mine has been working flawlessly & not overheating. I am researching replacement phones, since I know I will need to return it soon.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes well I'd rather keep using Note 7 instead of this s7edge but if they brick them?? So will be returning it next week. Id be the first to buy again tho.

valglbgl

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I too am still using my Note 7. I don't want another phone. Obviously something was happening but really nothing had happened or that we've heard about. I agree someone was looking for 15 minutes of fame.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Still using mine too. Plus I read Samsung engineers and testers have not been able to duplicate this overheating issue on thein own. They've reportedly been testing since the first recall and cannot get a Note 7 to overheat. This is BS in my opinion, or at the very least didn't warrant a full blown recall. I'm using mine until the absolute last minute. The only reason I know I'll have to give it up is the loss of support and resale ability.

ljedik

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I second that, not giving it up until I absolutely have to. Not worried that I might not get updates since the phone is flawless as is. If Verizon shuts me down, we'll, then I'll have to go to the Note 5. Until then, long live the King of smartphones!

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Were it not for my flights, I would have been defiant too. Just missed the ban for yesterday when returning by one day. More flights over the next few weeks. Apparently some more draconian steps are going to be taken to purge the Note 7 with stealth updates and zero tech or warranty support.

I'm already in mental spin mode: I do not miss the Note 7 curve, glass casing, or weaker signal reception. Everything else though, I really really liked.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
And were there ever reports of store display phones burning or of boxes full of them in storage or in travel burning? Only individuals that I've read about. Good insurance scam, if it was an insurance scam of course. Certainly makes it easy pickings for the opposition doesn't it.

actually, yes there was. Back in late Aug someone from the St. Louis area posted pics of a Tmobile display model that burnt up. They worked for Tmobile and posted actual pic of it.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting video on YouTube. Mashables takes 3 N7's and tortures them. It takes a 1,000 watt bulb with the N7 right on it for it to burn up. Maybe it's not as bad as the media has played it. So when is the cpsc giving out answers to why these went up in smoke?

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my note 7 every day
No issues
Will continue to use it until t-mobile cuts service to it
I disabled software updates capabilities through package disabler, in case Samsung tries to cripple it
Samsung wants to give me 100 to DOWNGRADE to a lesser phone and waste my upgrade eligibility
And make me pay for a phone I DON'T WANT.... So when the galaxy S8 comes out, I won't be able to upgrade
No way that is going to happen
I'm keeping my note 7 to the Last possible minute

Hopefully until s8 comes out

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I have said it over and over again. I want my phone back :( I like my S7E, but I don't use it like I did my note......

Man... You shouldn't have given it back... There's a million of us keeping our note 7.... Not even 1 incident since Samsung canceled the pbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz