Interesting - any reports of burning Note 7s in the past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
BS not Samsung or any of the carriers have given time limits on returning the phone, it's still a voluntary recall and can be done at any time. Holding onto mine as long as I can or at least till the s8 comes out and you best believe Samsung better honor $100 off for switching to a Samsung device lol

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The China incident happened with the first recall and that phone was not the one with the Chinese made battery. Is anyone keeping track of this? Media is spewing the same stories as new. This is starting to look like an outright lie to take Samsung down. Now I will be the first to say if it was me I would take the new phone and ask for a few spares. Oh and like 10 of those 256Gb cards too. This guy in China would not give the phone to the Chinese government either. It could be one of those clones for all we know.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is just a phone but as time goes on and no new reports of Note7's burning up makes me become a bit irritated that the Note7 has been recalled and banned, and with a reported million or more of them still not turned in just seems to make this more frustrating. Just venting.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
We need to see the cpsc's report for the one on the plane. There is an obvious reason there is no more media about it. Can't buy it anymore. My work actually threw a fit cuz I couldn't edit and write on stuff so they said go back to your Note 7. First they were afraid of it. Now they are saying it seems fine keep using it.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The silence of all of these exploding Note 7s is deafening.

Keeping mine. Have to fly around Christmas. Bought a used S7 Edge. Will swap SIM cards right before I leave and activate it then. Hopefully I can reactivate the Note 7 when I get back.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
My original and even my replacement don't get hot, the ONLY time it has was when I fell asleep and it slid under my pillow and it got rather warm. Put it on the nightstand and unplugged it when I awoke and it cooled right down. As much as I'd hate to give it up I know it's going to come to that. Going to give the v20 a couple weeks to see how people like it and if there's any issues, and see where this whole recall deal goes. Might decide to just rock this phone and buy a used note 3 or something in case I ever end up in a "no Note 7" situation

dejanh

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Samsung grossly overreacted, and if you are to look at latest headlines many are asking if Samsung itself created a crisis that was bigger than it needed to be due to its rushed, poorly thought out approach. They should have just halted sales and gone full steam ahead with finding the fault, then replaced the phone once they're confident that they isolated the problem. Instead they acted in a knee-jerk fashion and pulled the device from the market entirely. I have people begging me to sell them my Note 7 and I cannot do it because of the ridiculous situation that Samsung created. At the same time Samsung is so disorganized and mismanaged that they cannot even agree to replace my Note 7 while at the same time their executives are coming out and saying that they want to get 100% of the Note phones out of the market. Oh and yeah, they still haven't been able to reproduce even a single explosion despite being at it for nearly a month now. Go figure. This whole situation reeks of a perfect storm of mistakes.

For what it's worth, I'm going to hang on to the Note 7 as long as I can and continue to push Samsung to give me an equivalent replacement. I will also continue to watch the reports about what caused the fires. If Samsung comes out saying that it is caused by a specific set of circumstances, ones that would not affect my device, my Note 7 will go back to being my primary phone.

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I call bs. That phone been out for awhile now and now one caught on fire? Some entity really has it out for Samsung.
I would find out if this s7e was made in the same place as the N7's and go from there.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it is fishy indeed. I have had all Samsung products for a long time and never had issues... this just seems like corporate sabotage to me. If it turns out that it is legit then it will be a major fiasco for Samsung.

weave majjik

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it is fishy indeed. I have had all Samsung products for a long time and never had issues... this just seems like corporate sabotage to me. If it turns out that it is legit then it will be a major fiasco for Samsung.
I'm pretty sure losing billions of dollars already qualified this as a major fiasco. But my tin foil hat is definitely tingling with conspiracy theories on what happened to the Note7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc