10-18-2016 09:58 AM
32 12
tools
    FWIW, I'm not unhappy with Samsung. Samsung tried to do all the right things - problem was this was unprecedented, and was a learning experience for all. A few people switching to another phone manufacturer won't have the monetary impact that this problem alone did on Samsung.

Verizon, however, is a different story. I can't express the frustration I've had with them.
    brau0303 likes this.
    10-17-2016 03:04 PM
    Exactly. If I can contact them it would be to congratulate them on a kickass phone. Also, handling this issue as best as they could for customers. I can't stand the entitlement mentality of some folks. Samsung could probably give folks a $1000 check and someone would still not be satisfied. People need to remember they gave away a ton if Products while promoting this phone, now have no phone to sell, and are still giving people bill credits.
    I would settle for a smaller battery with kit to swap out in the myself if thats all it is. They have done the best anyone could do.
    10-17-2016 03:17 PM
    Whilst I understand that you want to air your frustrations to each other, it won't achieve much.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD BY WHO MATTERS ... INUNDATE SAMSUNG WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS, WISHES ETC.

Mail them, Call them. Visit their stores and pester management, taking names, email addresses. Use samsung contact forms.

That includes folks who switched to the S7E and want Note features ported over.

They don't read this forum!
    These types of threads really infuriate me. "Everyone, tell big bad Samsung how Homer angry we are......blah blah blah".

Yeah we get it. They made a monumental mistake that will cost them billions. They did the right thing and did the first recall quickly, giving people money credits and loaner phones that they could keep, e.g., the J1.

Cut them a break, eh? At least Sammy does the right thing. Look at Apple and iPhone 6 touch disease. Apple refuse to acknowledge there is a problem and say that the repair is not part of its regular protocols. So bad luck to you isheep if you have one. And now class action law suits are speculated to begin.

And remember iPhone 4 with its reception problems? Arrogant Steve Jobs tells their sheep they are holding it wrong!

How about cut Sammy a break and doing what few manufacturers would dare to do. An expensive recall and then cancellation. I for one am happy to support Sammy in the future.
    10-18-2016 01:31 AM
    All enterprise class companies have people that collect and study data on what is important to their target customer base. We may not represent the largest part of that base but we and similar sites globally are likely factored in to that data, that and media, social media direct contact and focus groups. All these are collected and reviewed. Could this have been handled better, yes. could it have been worse absolutely. It sucks that Samsung a company that has been doing products that fall outside the norm had a stellar phone like the N7 and also had that awesome phone die a really bad death. in part because of a likely design flaw and a massive amount of bad press from media who are only concerned with how many hits they are getting on their stories rather than reporting objective facts. it's sad and we are ultimately the ones who loose because of such foolishness... Ok, I guess I'll get off my soap box now.

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    10-18-2016 07:02 AM
    My only remaining issue is the upgrade situation. Note 7 owners' accounts should be flagged for upgrade for the upcoming S8 and Note-whatever. After endless research I find that the only suitable replacement on the market now is the S7E, including upcoming releases of new phones. My SIL has an Iphone 7. Totally different market.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    10-18-2016 08:44 AM
    Mod Note: Ladies and gentlemen, please keep discussion productive and on topic. Personal attacks, insults, taking threads off topic and other disruptive posting behaviors are not acceptable. If you do not like a post, please behave like an adult and move on, or if you feel it violates the forum rules, please report it. At no point should members be calling each other out in posts. Thanks.
    10-18-2016 09:27 AM
    My only remaining issue is the upgrade situation. Note 7 owners' accounts should be flagged for upgrade for the upcoming S8 and Note-whatever. After endless research I find that the only suitable replacement on the market now is the S7E, including upcoming releases of new phones. My SIL has an Iphone 7. Totally different market.
    YES, we should all be able to upgrade to the next Galaxy flagship no matter how much time we have left to do a normal upgrade. We should not be forced to waste an upgrade on a device we have been forced to get because of this recall.

I will be able to use my husband's upgrade if I choose to go with the S8 or whatever. Not everyone is in this situation though. It's not fair to have to get another phone now and have to keep it for a year or 2 through no fault of your own.
    10-18-2016 09:58 AM
32 12