10-18-2016 09:58 AM
32 12
tools
    Whilst I understand that you want to air your frustrations to each other, it won't achieve much.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD BY WHO MATTERS ... INUNDATE SAMSUNG WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS, WISHES ETC.

Mail them, Call them. Visit their stores and pester management, taking names, email addresses. Use samsung contact forms.

That includes folks who switched to the S7E and want Note features ported over.

They don't read this forum!
    10-16-2016 02:07 PM
    Whilst I understand that you want to air your frustrations to each other, it won't achieve much.

IF YOU WANT TO BE HEARD BY WHO MATTERS ... INUNDATE SAMSUNG WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS, WISHES ETC.

Mail them, Call them. Visit their stores and pester management, taking names, email addresses. Use samsung contact forms.

"They" read this forum, last semester I did a project on the impact of forums on consumer science research. It's a hefty impact and every major company views these sites as a wealth of free feedback, the key though is that we aren't the majority of their customer base and they know that.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-16-2016 02:23 PM
    If you really want Samsung to get the message, your replacement phone should be something other than a Samsung.
    10-16-2016 03:37 PM
    Well if no one on this forum can burn up an N7 then we definitely have a problem. Got an email for Samsung that gets read? I will call, text, email, snail mail, whatever it takes if we can't get them to flame up! This is ridiculous that one minute it's blowing up and the next nothing. If a guy on YouTube has to take a 1000 watt bulb to make one burn then leaving your phone in a got car will too. Any phone would do that. The media is to blame for this and the cpsc for not checking that these are really Samsung fault and not just money grabbers.
    10-16-2016 04:04 PM
    I'll communicate with Samsung using my wallet. I won't buy another Samsung product, already switched back to an iPhone and will use my other upgrade for the new Pixel or a V20.
    fishmd, TomOfTx, Ry and 1 others like this.
    10-16-2016 04:08 PM
    If you really want Samsung to get the message, your replacement phone should be something other than a Samsung.
    I agree. But for me, that's cutting off my nose to spite my face. There is simply nothing else I want... Unless they fool around and quit Note like phones. ;-)
    10-16-2016 04:11 PM
    I'll communicate with Samsung using my wallet. I won't buy another Samsung product, already switched back to an iPhone and will use my other upgrade for the new Pixel or a V20.
    All the phones you just named are far inferior to the Note 7, or S7 Edge for that matter. Get off the media hype. Tons of us still have the Note 7. So, where are the news stories now? Plus, they handled the issue as best they could be expected to. People got a ton of free gifts and money associated with this phone. $100 credit, gear vr, sd card, and fit watch. What does Apple ever give Customers? This isnt the first phone to have this happen. Just the first you saw splashed over the news every day.
    10-16-2016 04:26 PM
    I did email them and let them know my frustration and received an email back that said "We're not happy to lose a loyal customer like you." The rest of the email basically said "oh well, good luck with whatever you chose."

My main complaint was how I have to choose a phone now that I will be stuck with for 2 years and will not have the option to upgrade to a new note next year.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-16-2016 04:50 PM
    This is the best way.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-16-2016 06:37 PM
    I did email them and let them know my frustration and received an email back that said "We're not happy to lose a loyal customer like you." The rest of the email basically said "oh well, good luck with whatever you chose."

My main complaint was how I have to choose a phone now that I will be stuck with for 2 years and will not have the option to upgrade to a new note next year.

Posted via the Android Central App
    No one is stuck with a phone for two years.
    10-16-2016 06:38 PM
    As much as I love Samsung....u r 100% right!
    10-16-2016 07:30 PM
    As much as I love Samsung....u r 100% right!
    Too bad all the competitors suck. I mean, the S7's are still pretty much the best, even now. Where's the competition?
    james702283 and athenatp like this.
    10-16-2016 08:06 PM
    Maybe they do!

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/16/...ote-7-feature/

10-16-2016 08:12 PM

The trouble is the person you tell is some flunkie making a buck 3.80 who reads from a script. What's the point?
    10-16-2016 09:05 PM
    All the phones you just named are far inferior to the Note 7, or S7 Edge for that matter. Get off the media hype. Tons of us still have the Note 7. So, where are the news stories now? Plus, they handled the issue as best they could be expected to. People got a ton of free gifts and money associated with this phone. $100 credit, gear vr, sd card, and fit watch. What does Apple ever give Customers? This isnt the first phone to have this happen. Just the first you saw splashed over the news every day.
    I'm not sure what media hype you are talking about or why you are so upset or concerned by my opnion. I've been a cell phone user for a very long time and don't make any purchase without doing the research first but thanks for your concern.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-16-2016 09:30 PM
    That's exactly what I did.
    Ry likes this.
    10-16-2016 11:15 PM
    complain about what? samsung is doing the right thing. you'll get your money back plus credit towards another phone. what else you want?
    10-17-2016 12:20 AM
    Maybe next time they'll realize that GLUING the battery in is a REALLY BAD idea!!
    10-17-2016 12:54 AM
    lol I ended up with the iPhone 7 plus. Even tho I didn't do it out of spite or being upset with Samsung,I did it cause there wasn't any other Samsung or any other phone period I wanted to try. I really only like Samsung for the note series anyways. I'll definitely be back for the next note.
    10-17-2016 02:02 AM
    complain about what? samsung is doing the right thing. you'll get your money back plus credit towards another phone. what else you want?
    Exactly. If I can contact them it would be to congratulate them on a kickass phone. Also, handling this issue as best as they could for customers. I can't stand the entitlement mentality of some folks. Samsung could probably give folks a $1000 check and someone would still not be satisfied. People need to remember they gave away a ton if Products while promoting this phone, now have no phone to sell, and are still giving people bill credits.
    10-17-2016 02:59 AM

People are letting Samsung know how much they are frustrated....

With their wallets. I'm pretty certain Samsung is getting the message loud and clear.

Unfortunately - the front lines (carriers) are most likely getting the brunt of the frustration...

I expect the carriers will let Samsung know the extent of their frustration in the coming months...
    10-17-2016 06:10 AM
    Exactly. If I can contact them it would be to congratulate them on a kickass phone. Also, handling this issue as best as they could for customers. I can't stand the entitlement mentality of some folks. Samsung could probably give folks a $1000 check and someone would still not be satisfied. People need to remember they gave away a ton if Products while promoting this phone, now have no phone to sell, and are still giving people bill credits.
    Tell that to the people that lost money on this whole fiasco. Not everyone came out whole or a little better..
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-17-2016 06:45 AM
    Very happy to have Samsung in my rear-view mirror.

Also very happy to have a Pixel XL coming later this week.
    bluesboy77, toneofark and aximtreo like this.
    10-17-2016 07:42 AM
    Yeah. Heard you.
    10-17-2016 12:55 PM
    Tell that to the people that lost money on this whole fiasco. Not everyone came out whole or a little better..
    If I were a stockholder, I'd be upset, sure. And, I'd definitely be upset as an employee (a number of which are going to lose their jobs in the wake of this, I'm certain). As unfortunate as that is, I just don't see this as a willfully negligent situation.

I have a hard time believing this is anything other than a smallish engineering mistake that appeared to be solved, and then wasn't. I've owned LOTS of Samsung phones (right back to the SPH-I300 PalmOS based unit), and never got the impression that their production was anything short of decent. Build quality was always quite good, and software implementations were always as good as they could be given the limitations of the time.

Let me lay out a possible scenario for you: I don't know what actually went down, but I suspect (a Guess, people, and nothing more) that it really was something like this... Source: The problem exists in the combination of attachment method of the battery and an over-agressive implementation of the charging controller. Symptom 1: Statistics show that virtually all of the fires are occuring in serial numbers that use batteries from supplier A. This is determined to be the common denominator, and all implementations from supplier A are recalled and replaced with units from supplier B. Subsequently, we see Symptom 2: Replacement phones are catching fire (though at a greatly reduced rate) anyway. Conjecture 1: The problem is in the charging or battery management components, and battery supplier A's product happens to be more susceptible to the issue, leading to the mistaken conclusion that the batteries themselves were the issue. However, once replaced, the real issue rears its head, and continues to be problematic for the consumer.

In this case, Samsung simply reacted too quickly to fix a problem that it perceived as truly serious by going down a path that appeared to contain the solution. Once they determined that their solution was not the correct one (which, unfortunately was only ferreted out by the distribution to an unfortunate test group of several hundred thousand consumers), they simply pulled the phone and are actively participating in it's aggressive phase-out from the user community.

Frankly, I don't see how they could have done things better in the timeframe that the consumer demands. (Make no mistake, consumers DEFINITELY demanded the phone be fixed and replaced IMMEDIATELY, giving no slack for Samsung to properly pursue the engineering problem. If you don't think so, just reread some of the off-the-deep-end "Samsung Should's" in these forums alone! We are not terribly forgiving people in this way.)
    brau0303 likes this.
    10-17-2016 02:50 PM
32 12