Sorry if this is long but I originally bought my note 7 at target on payment plan and put a $200 down payment. When the first recall happened Target wouldn't exchange for me because they never got any new notes in and wouldn't return it because I didn't still have my box. Luckily Verizon stepped in for me after getting nowhere with target either and did the exchange for me and I couldn't have been happier. Then the second recall comes around and Verizon says they will take my note back and exchange for a s7 edge like I want but my $200 down payment will be lost because I payed Target the $200 not them so they told me I must return it to Target to get my $200. I then go to Target and of course they say they can't take it back because it's not the original note I got from them. Target says I shouldn't have exchanged it at Verizon but they gave me no choice. So once again I'm stuck with a potentially dangerous device that I can't return and no one will help me. I am not going to lose my $200!
    10-16-2016 03:32 PM
    I'd try contacting Samsung to see if they can help. If not, the CPSC, BBB and flood their social media pages about this. Basically become that squeaky wheel.
    10-16-2016 03:42 PM
    I'd try contacting Samsung to see if they can help. If not, the CPSC, BBB and flood their social media pages about this. Basically become that squeaky wheel.
    Samsung said take the phone to Target
    10-16-2016 04:08 PM
    I agree, squeaky wheel it, contact the local news that likes embarrassing companies when they're in the wrong.
    10-16-2016 04:12 PM
    Does anyone know how it works when you buy a phone at Target on Verizon and put money down. Does Target keep the money or do they pay it to Verizon. As much as this whole thing ticks me off. I can see both their sides.
    10-16-2016 04:19 PM
    Does anyone know how it works when you buy a phone at Target on Verizon and put money down. Does Target keep the money or do they pay it to Verizon. As much as this whole thing ticks me off. I can see both their sides.
    It should have relfected on your account that you paid $200 off on the device. I made a $36 dollar payment and when I returned my first note 7 for the replacement I ended up getting a $36 dollar credit on my account for the next bill, didnt get the cash back that i paid for it.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-16-2016 08:20 PM
    In. Really hate to say this, but I feel you are one of the first having issues with this. I think we will all have issues with the credits the next couple months.
    10-16-2016 08:24 PM
    It should have relfected on your account that you paid $200 off on the device. I made a $36 dollar payment and when I returned my first note 7 for the replacement I ended up getting a $36 dollar credit on my account for the next bill, didnt get the cash back that i paid for it.
    It did reflect it on my account when I did my first exchange and it carried over to the replacement device
    10-16-2016 08:34 PM
    I had an issue with an AT&T store. Took me over a month to return the phone. Ended up having to file a formal complaint and call at&t. They set me up with another store no problem.

That being said, not sure how happy I am with the s7e yet. I feel like I got ripped off or something. It's strange.
    10-16-2016 08:45 PM
    I had an issue with an AT&T store. Took me over a month to return the phone. Ended up having to file a formal complaint and call at&t. They set me up with another store no problem.

That being said, not sure how happy I am with the s7e yet. I feel like I got ripped off or something. It's strange.
    Right now my only choices are to keep using the phone or return it to Verizon and eat my $200. Target absolutely will not take it back because I don't have their phone anymore.
    10-16-2016 09:04 PM