10-22-2016 06:47 PM
82 ... 234
tools
    So from the sound of what you said -- Samsung messed up on their proprietary implementation of USB-C since other phones have USB-C and do not have this issue.
    Maybe they did, though this is not what I said. What I said was that the power plane design of the Note 7 is unique, in direct response to "why don't other phones have problems then". It's not apples to apples comparison when you draw a line between a Note7 and any other phone. Even if there is a problem with the USB-C or the overall implementation of the power circuitry, it is a problem that only exhibits itself under specific circumstances it seems. Otherwise, you'd have phones lighting up everywhere, which you don't. It's not a systemic problem. I am really curious to know from Samsung though what is really going on. It's such an intriguing problem for sure.
    kevinpleasants and Weils like this.
    10-19-2016 09:47 AM
    Maybe they did, though this is not what I said. What I said was that the power plane design of the Note 7 is unique, in direct response to "why don't other phones have problems then". It's not apples to apples comparison when you draw a line between a Note7 and any other phone. Even if there is a problem with the USB-C or the overall implementation of the power circuitry, it is a problem that only exhibits itself under specific circumstances it seems. Otherwise, you'd have phones lighting up everywhere, which you don't. It's not a systemic problem. I am really curious to know from Samsung though what is really going on. It's such an intriguing problem for sure.
    So my point stands -- certain circumstances or not. It is their mess up from their implementation.
    10-19-2016 09:50 AM
    So my point stands -- certain circumstances or not. It is their mess up from their implementation.
    For now I too agree with this but we will know soon enough.
    10-19-2016 10:20 AM
    Just got this tonight
    Attached Thumbnails Realistically,  what would happen if I decide to keep this?-screenshot_20161020-002911.jpg  
    10-19-2016 11:29 PM
    I was receiving those on my iPhone days after I returned my Note 7. I think it's just a default message that gets sent to anyone who purchased a Note from AT&T. Could be wrong though.
    10-19-2016 11:34 PM
    Have 2 replacement N7s. One of them had a couple of issues, so we took to Sprint for tech support to look at. Tech couldn't fix the issue so he called Samsung for a resolution. The tech still couldn't make the glitch work but then found Samsung had disabled access to gmail. That pretty much made the phone useless since the phone requires a gmail login to function properly. Then heard Samsung is going to render all N7s inactive in approximately 2-3 weeks. Fortunately we upgraded from an N5 so had that phone reactivated. Guess I'll go back to my old N3 and wait for the next Note. Hopefully Samsung can come up with a fix for the phone and introduce another Note sooner than the usual launch. Am a long-time Note user going back to a N2, and I love the stylus and screen size. There isn't another phone like the Note, which makes this situation so frustrating. But keeping the N7 will probably void my eligibility to upgrade when a new Note comes out, and I certainly don't want my phone killed at an inconvenient time where I can't get the data off of it.
    10-20-2016 06:58 AM
    Folks the same conversation is going on in several threads, however this one seems to keep getting off track into politics and/or discussion of illegal activities. So on that note, going to shut this one down and the conversation can continue in the others.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2016 06:47 PM
82 ... 234