10-21-2016 09:48 AM
103 1234 ...
tools
    Switched? I would suggest a lot of iPhone owners "now" were before as well.

NINO'S they be! Note In Name Only.
    markman097 likes this.
    10-17-2016 01:34 PM
    It's great to get a new phone and now sit here disabling carrier pre loaded crap. Marvel contest of champions plays as smooth as silk (lags on every single android phone). Apps are much more polished. Safari is still the best and smoothest Mobile browser. Battery life is great with no tinkering. The widgets while not the same as an Android, work great without hindering performance.

With all that said, still liked the Note 7 better. It's time Samsung steps up to carriers and stop letting them take control of phones. The fact that I can go to Apple Store and just ask for an unlocked model is great to. Android manufacturers need to get their **** together already. Imagine how annoying it is for the average Joe to buy a new Android phone and constantly get direct tv, at&t this and that notifications. This is why people just prefer iPhones.
    TomOfTx and Savoy like this.
    10-17-2016 01:42 PM
    I didn't switch to the iPhone 7 Plus. I have both the iPhone and Note 7.

I mainly use the iPhone to keep in touch with my kids and their elderly grandfather since the iPhone is easier for them to use. I do like how the Google apps on the iPhone function much better than on the Android. I like how well the continuity works with the iPhone and other Apple devices even when the iPhone is turned off (unless on Verizon). I use NumberSync with my Gear S2 Classic watch on AT&T which works good, but is not as good as the continuity of the iPhone. One of my favorite apps on Android is ACR call recorder. If the iPhone were to ever support such an app that does such an amazing job with recording calls, I could handle using the iPhone as my primary device. I like how the iPhone can function nearly the same on any carrier. Not having all the added carrier bloat and getting timely software updates is very good.

To me both the iPhone 7 Plus and Note 7 have some amazing functionality. They both have some unique features that would be great if ever combined into one device. I am heavily invested in both Apple and Samsung products and use either depending on the need at the moment.
    10-17-2016 01:55 PM

I mainly use the iPhone to keep in touch with my kids and their elderly grandfather since the iPhone is easier for them to use. I do like how the Google apps on the iPhone function much better than on the Android. I like how well the continuity works with the iPhone and other Apple devices even when the iPhone is turned off (unless on Verizon). I use NumberSync with my Gear S2 Classic watch on AT&T which works good, but is not as good as the continuity of the iPhone. One of my favorite apps on Android is ACR call recorder. If the iPhone were to ever support such an app that does such an amazing job with recording calls, I could handle using the iPhone as my primary device. I like how the iPhone can function nearly the same on any carrier. Not having all the added carrier bloat and getting timely software updates is very good.

To me both the iPhone 7 Plus and Note 7 have some amazing functionality. They both have some unique features that would be great if ever combined into one device. I am heavily invested in both Apple and Samsung products and use either depending on the need at the moment.
    You use NumberSync on your iPhone to use the Gear S2 watch?
    BustA Groove likes this.
    10-17-2016 02:57 PM
    They just came out with an update for the iphone 7 that's supposed to address Verizon's signal strength...
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-17-2016 03:13 PM
    You use NumberSync on your iPhone to use the Gear S2 watch?
    I set up (AT&T) NumberSync on my Gear S2 Classic originally with the Note 7 since IOS does not have the Gear Manager software available yet. Since the Gear S2 Classic watch is now running in stand alone mode, I can now use any phone and still receive calls/texts on my watch whenever anyone calls or texts the number on my phone used to set up NumberSync. It works fine in stand alone mode even if using an iPhone, but in order to update the software on the Gear S2, I still need a phone running the Gear Manager software. Since I am not using my Note 7 anymore and will be turning it in, I have my old Note 5 as a backup if needed to modify the software on the watch. My primary phone number was on the Note 7, but even with it shutdown I will still receive calls and texts on the Gear S2 Classic thanks to NumberSync.

It would be really nice if NumberSync would work as well as continuity on a iPhone does where it works across multiple devices at the same time with very little set up involved.
    10-17-2016 03:39 PM
    I was rockin both N7 and 7 plus until I returned the N7 last Monday. I miss:
    -S pen
    -Calendar (layout/color)
    -Dbl tap to open camera
    -creating photo albums and not having copies in the camera roll folder
    -back button
    -Snote
    -Secure folder
    -Contacts layout (with pictures)
    -Quick charge
    -AOD

I do like how smooth it is. I also like the dbl tap to bring the screen down halfway. The Bluetooth doesn't seem as strong though.
    10-17-2016 03:53 PM
    There is no red reject button if you receive a call while the phone is in standby (screen off).
    I'll have to look again when I get mine. Now I think about it, all you have is the slide bar I bet right when it's ringing?
    10-17-2016 04:10 PM
    Connectivity update today.

Update October 17, 2016: Apple has just released iOS 10.0.3 for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus with a fix for cellular connectivity problems. You can download iOS 10.0.3 using the same procedures as previous updates. Details below!

How to download and install iOS 10.0.3 on your iPhone or iPad | iMore
    TomOfTx likes this.
    10-17-2016 04:29 PM
    I have a jet black iPhone 7 plus and still have my note 7. My SIM card stays in the note 7 ... lol I've had the 6s and nothing wows me about iOS. I do like the Apple Watch and iMessages but that's about it. The plus is such a big fat brick compared to the note 7, the screen is blah, no led notifications, no audio jack, no pen, no iris scanner for secure folders, no split window multitask, no foxfi, no floating chat heads on Facebook messenger, I personally think the camera is slightly better on the note 7, no wireless charging and it takes forever to charge. Battery life is about what I was getting on my note 7 if not worse. My Verizon signal strength is better on the note 7 , except when it comes to Wifi the plus has better range. I've done several speed test and the note 7 was always 5-10mb faster download and nearly double upload speeds to the plus on LTE. The animations are so slow , it's like a supercharged v8 cruising at 30mph, you know the apple processor is a beast but it's just single tasking lol
    What I do like about Apple is resale resale resale... the speakers are obviously better and web browsing is much smoother. Endless supply of accessories.. hate kindergarten interface. Just waiting for jailbreak..
    BustA Groove likes this.
    10-17-2016 04:29 PM
    I miss the notification light, Textra, the gallery, some of the camera options, and the setup of a couple of apps on Android. Otherwise I'm sticking with it until the next Note.
    Dukins and skatergirl like this.
    10-17-2016 04:58 PM
    Connectivity update today.

Update October 17, 2016: Apple has just released iOS 10.0.3 for the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus with a fix for cellular connectivity problems. You can download iOS 10.0.3 using the same procedures as previous updates. Details below!

How to download and install iOS 10.0.3 on your iPhone or iPad | iMore
    I have no reception problems, I'm afraid to update.
    10-17-2016 05:18 PM
    I have no reception problems, I'm afraid to update.
    May be wise to wait? See the 2nd comment(there are only 3).
    Apple releases iOS 10.0.3, fixing Verizon LTE issues on iPhone 7 & 7 Plus

Don't want your iTurd to be an IBroken or iLosteverything.
    10-17-2016 06:43 PM
    Happy to say that I switched to an iPhone 7 after exchanging my Note 7 and switched again quickly to an S7. The iPhone was nice, but boooring. I've had them since the 3G and switched to Android for a bit, went back to a 6s and then to the Note 7. Anyway, I can't do iPhone any more. No innovation and it just got stale after 8 years. This S7 is awesome. The S7 edge was interesting but I wanted something a bit smaller. I loved the Note 7, but the s7 is perfect size wise and for what I need. I don't see how you could switch from a phone like the Note 7 to iPhone. Blechh.
    10-17-2016 07:52 PM
    The screen lights up, notifications pop up, sound and vibration. There is No LED notification light on the iTurd. If your not near the phone when a notification comes in then you will have no clue you received anything with out picking up the actual phone. The iTurd has Rise to Wake which is pretty cool. You just pick up the phone and the screen comes on without touching anything. Another annoying thing is there is no call reject button if you receive a call while the screen if off. You have to double tap the power button to reject that call.

You dump the Notes yet?
    One of them....I can't find anything I want - nothing is in stock either. I'll resort to the Note 4. Lol
    10-17-2016 08:04 PM
    Happy to say that I switched to an iPhone 7 after exchanging my Note 7 and switched again quickly to an S7. The iPhone was nice, but boooring. I've had them since the 3G and switched to Android for a bit, went back to a 6s and then to the Note 7. Anyway, I can't do iPhone any more. No innovation and it just got stale after 8 years. This S7 is awesome. The S7 edge was interesting but I wanted something a bit smaller. I loved the Note 7, but the s7 is perfect size wise and for what I need. I don't see how you could switch from a phone like the Note 7 to iPhone. Blechh.
    Yeah I was close to getting one but pulled back after playing with one. Very fast phone, but so limiting. IPhones just make me feel so claustrophobic.
    marla523 likes this.
    10-17-2016 09:23 PM

Love ACR!
    TomOfTx likes this.
    10-17-2016 10:15 PM
    Yeah I was close to getting one but pulled back after playing with one. Very fast phone, but so limiting. IPhones just make me feel so claustrophobic.
    This is the main thing right here. Some people utilize the extra options in Android and can't go without them. Others never use them and iOS does absolutely everything they want their phone to do. And I don't think anyone can argue that iOS is so much smoother and polished. It's one version of OS that Apple has perfected over the last 10 years.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-18-2016 12:11 AM
    Quite happy, back on IOS after 3 years. Miss alot of the features that others have mentioned (always on display. led notification, wireless charging, themes, icons, fast charging, display, spen) but the 7+ is super smooth and the battery is amazing.
    MaryS910 likes this.
    10-18-2016 11:27 AM
    Interesting differences in the ecosystems here, It seems both have advantages and disadvantages. Good to know in case I ever pick up some Apple products and have to join their world.
    10-18-2016 09:07 PM
    I'm on the 7plus now nice phone but getting use to a restricted iOS is thought this is my its day in 5 years on a apple
    10-18-2016 09:28 PM
    It's working fine for me. I miss my N7, but no Android if that makes any sense. I would have kept my N7 too, but my wife wasn't having it.
    10-18-2016 09:52 PM
    Slow charging isn't an issue because battery life is phenomenal. Right now I'm at 50 pct at 16.5 hours and almost 5 hours of use time. And today was a busy day where I didn't use my phone much in the morning. I picked up my phone before going out to lunch and I was at 97 pct.
    TomOfTx and Dukins like this.
    10-18-2016 10:39 PM
    My big thing is I just wanted a smart phone that does smart phone things. An iPhone or an Android would have done those things but I may as well go with the latest if I can.
    libra89 and Dukins like this.
    10-19-2016 03:51 AM
    My list of annoyances is growing:

1. I miss the back button
    2. I miss the "Always On Display"
    3. I miss Fast Charging
    4. Gallery - iOS photos seems rather limited and clunky
    5. The camera - yes - the Note7 camera was that much better. Plus, I took a big round of pictures that were "Live" pictures - little video snips instead of still. Why is that on by default?
    6. I miss the App tray - yes, I liked it.
    7. I miss The ability to set separate sound settings for Ringtone, Notifications and Media. As far as I can tell there is one setting for everything.
    8. I miss the Google-centric world. I was used to it and though I know I can install most of the apps, I miss having them already installed.
    9. Verizon signal is not as strong - I can't understand this one but I'm usually getting 2 circles on the iPhone but normally got 4 or 5 bars on my Samsung Devices (Note7 and S4 and S5 before that).
    10. Outbound message sound cannot be disabled. I either have to mute my phone or live with the irritation of that sound every time I send a text message.
    11. Adding favorites is a pita - too many steps.
    12. I haven't figured out a way to have a menu of contact shortcuts. On Android my right menu panel has always been reserved for my primary caller shortcuts. Surely I can do this - maybe a folder or something.
    13. No LED for notifications - others have mentioned this but it's starting to bug me now. Due to the sound settings I have had my phone on mute most of the time and when I do pick it up I don't see notifications unless I get to the home screen and then swipe it down. In other words, I have to look for notifications.
    14. I miss how easy it is on Android to get to settings.
    15. Oddly, one place where there is one less keystroke is when you open a contact to make a call. I've inadvertently dialed more than a few people recently. Also facetimed a few by accident.

I'll know by Saturday whether I am going to return this phone and settle for the S7E. I like some things (having my music on-board is nice!) but I may be too entrenched in the Android/Samsung ways of doing things to ever be fully satisfied with this phone.
    10-19-2016 06:17 AM
103 1234 ...