10-21-2016 09:48 AM
103 ... 2345
tools
    Before I switch to the S7 edge I considered the iPhone. After playing with it, it just didn't interest me still. I won't say it's not a good phone, but it just wasn't right for me. I don't want to have to jailbreak my phone to do things that my android phone can do without voiding the warranty. The iPhone is very pleasing to the eyes though. That black is gorgeous. Lol
    10-20-2016 11:13 AM
    Before I switch to the S7 edge I considered the iPhone. After playing with it, it just didn't interest me still. I won't say it's not a good phone, but it just wasn't right for me. I don't want to have to jailbreak my phone to do things that my android phone can do without voiding the warranty. The iPhone is very pleasing to the eyes though. That black is gorgeous. Lol
    Agreed. I have sweaty palm syndrome and watching that matte black go into a case last night killed me. The color is amazing and I like the blacked out Apple logo
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    10-20-2016 11:40 AM
    I ordered one but never took it out of the box. I played with a friend of mine's 7+ and just couldn't stand it. Screen is washed out to me. Also I like to tinker, adjust settings, etc. iPhone is like being in Easy Mode (Grampa Mode I call it) on android. Returned it immediately to VZW for an S7e and will swap that with the new Note whenever that comes out.
    So you are saying that the best display out of all the phones for color accuracy is bad??? Lol you make me crack up. Displaymate doesn't agree with you.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    10-20-2016 11:47 AM
    One case compared to over 100 with Samsung. Big difference. And we don't know if that one is legit till the investigation is over.
    ultravisitor likes this.
    10-20-2016 11:49 AM
    Noooo!!!! Quite the opposite for me.
    That's a complete lie. Look I loved my Note 7, best phone of all time but seriously, stop making things up. The iPhone is much smoother.
    10-20-2016 12:02 PM
    lots of android users have your point of view... they focus more on settings, homepages and widgets instead of what really matters...how app performs and operate within the OS..and I'm realizing just how much more refined and perform better in iOS then they do in android.
    See I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. I would ammend your answer with "instead of what really matters TO THEM". There are iPhone people in the world and there are android people in the world and I for one am glad for that. Neither is "better" and through different channels of innovation each camp spurs the other on to create greater and better end results. Vive la différence!
    10-20-2016 12:11 PM
    So you are saying that the best display out of all the phones for color accuracy is bad??? Lol you make me crack up. Displaymate doesn't agree with you.
    If AMOLED is wrong I don't wanna be right. To each their own I say!
    buzzy3970 and tntiger like this.
    10-20-2016 12:13 PM
    That's a complete lie. Look I loved my Note 7, best phone of all time but seriously, stop making things up. The iPhone is much smoother.
    Agreed. The iPhone blows the note 7 in speed and smoothness. I got mine yesterday and it's like night and day.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    10-20-2016 12:16 PM
    If AMOLED is wrong I don't wanna be right. To each their own I say!
    Amoled doesn't have good colors. Over saturated and not accurate. That is why the iPhone display got the best rating for color accuracy and best LCD display on any smartphone.
    10-20-2016 12:17 PM
    Amoled doesn't have good colors. Over saturated and not accurate. That is why the iPhone display got the best rating for color accuracy and best LCD display on any smartphone.
    Subjective.
    10-20-2016 12:36 PM
    Subjective.
    No, it's a fact. Tested at displaymate.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    10-20-2016 01:25 PM
    No, it's a fact. Tested at displaymate.
    It's not fact which display someone prefers . It's subjective
    WalkingHorse, T48 and buzzy3970 like this.
    10-20-2016 01:47 PM
    Samsung display is the best display on the market, period. I don't want my phone to display washed out colors, pale, LCD colors, I want my phone to display excellent colors and images. When you buy a tv, you go for a tv that will give you the best colors. Check the videos and then tell us which one you prefer. The black alone beats iphones.
    10-20-2016 03:00 PM
    Listen, I have an Iphone 7 plus for 2 days now in my possesion and the display is very very nice. It is a more color accurate display for sure. However, while I like the display on the Iphone I still prefer the display that was on my Note 7's. The IP7 lcd is very nice but imo (less acurate or not) the super amoled display on the Note 7 is better hands down. I'm under no illusion about that. I knew that going in and it's not a surprise to me. I know what I'm looking at on my iphone is more true to real life but that said I still like the looks of things onthe amoled better. Period.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-20-2016 03:17 PM
    How can my personal experience be a lie? I am trying to get used to this phone - I like some things but others not as much. I stated MY opinion and you are free to share yours but kindly refrain from being ugly about it.
    10-20-2016 04:38 PM
    Samsung display is the best display on the market, period. I don't want my phone to display washed out colors, pale, LCD colors, I want my phone to display excellent colors and images. When you buy a tv, you go for a tv that will give you the best colors. Check the videos and then tell us which one you prefer. The black alone beats iphones.
    Exactly. No one would want a TV where the images look washed out. Same goes for my phone I think of my phone as a small extension of my television anyway. It is a media device for me.
    10-20-2016 04:46 PM
    And that's why most people are pushing iPhone to switch to AMOLED. Again, iPhone does have a great display but nowhere close to Samsung.
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    10-20-2016 08:24 PM
    That info I posted was from display mate. Lol
    Okay? It was for a different device...
    10-20-2016 08:25 PM
    10-20-2016 08:25 PM
    Again, not personal preference. FACTS. Unless you say displaymate is wrong.
    I'm saying that the Note 7 display is much better looking than the iPhone 7 plus display. No one I've met has said different. To me, you're in the minority.

The iPhone 7 plus takes more color accurate photos (supposedly, though where does the measurement of that lie in spectrum of totality), but more people prefer the photos taken with S7 and above.

For 'best' it's subjective.

For 'most accurate to human vision with parameters X-Z based on this color space with this test content measured with this tool', i guess iPhone 7 LCD wins.

Is that what you're saying?

No matter, the Note 7 looks better to me.
    buzzy3970 likes this.
    10-20-2016 09:05 PM
    When someone says it's the best display for color, it's not. Just correcting misguided people.
    The people you are correcting said it was their preference as to the screen they liked. It is also their money as to which device they purchase. Much the same as it is your money as to which device you purchase & what you find is worth it. Other than that, let it go already.
    10-20-2016 11:14 PM
    Well switching from the N7 to the I phone 7 plus the N7 had a much better display in all regards , how ever I'm not treating the I phone like a baby worrying about breaking the glass, with the note that was only a matter of time

To edit my statement the IPhone has a pretty amazing display , however for whatever reason on the web it seems a less bit sharp, but outside of that its great
    10-20-2016 11:32 PM
    I'm saying that the Note 7 display is much better looking than the iPhone 7 plus display. No one I've met has said different. To me, you're in the minority.

The iPhone 7 plus takes more color accurate photos (supposedly, though where does the measurement of that lie in spectrum of totality), but more people prefer the photos taken with S7 and above.

For 'best' it's subjective.

For 'most accurate to human vision with parameters X-Z based on this color space with this test content measured with this tool', i guess iPhone 7 LCD wins.

Is that what you're saying?

No matter, the Note 7 looks better to me.
    I can attest to that. Everyone I know that has a 7 well any iPhone is always wowed by my display on by Samsung phones. One friend was so jealous that he checked his playback resolution on YouTube only to realize that his phone highest resolution is only 720p. Works at a phone store btw not sure how he didnt know that lol
    10-20-2016 11:54 PM
    [UPDATE] The iPhone 7′s display quality is very close to the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note 7.

That’s the gist of the testing DisplayMate Technologies did on the iPhone 7′s display. “The display on the iPhone 7 is…a major upgrade to the display on the iPhone 6,” DisplayMate Technologies’ Raymond Soneira wrote. “It is by far the best performing mobile LCD display that we have ever tested, and it breaks many display performance records.”

iPhone 7 vs Galaxy Note 7 and Galaxy S7: The operative phrase is “best performing mobile LCD display.” The Samsung 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 7 had the “best performing smartphone display that we have ever tested,” DisplayMate said in a separate, earlier review. It also said that about the Galaxy S7′s display (5.1 inches), though that is a more dated review. Both of those Samsung phones have organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays.

“Sometimes the iPhone 7 LCD is better and sometimes the Galaxy OLEDs are better,” Soneira told me in an email. On smartphones, LCDs have been losing ground to OLEDs but Apple, at least for now, appears to have closed most of that gap.

Source: Forbes Welcome
    10-21-2016 01:00 AM
    The people you are correcting said it was their preference as to the screen they liked. It is also their money as to which device they purchase. Much the same as it is your money as to which device you purchase & what you find is worth it. Other than that, let it go already.
    Not at first they didn't if you go back and actually read.
    10-21-2016 02:42 AM
103 ... 2345