10-21-2016 09:48 AM
103 ... 345
tools
    Again the ip7 LCD is the more color accurate display without a doubt. That said, most people including myself prefer the look of amoled. Right or wrong that's how it is. It's one of those things that unless you've owned one or had both displays side by side you wouldn't notice much but once you do it's a clear difference. Now again the ip7 display is beautiful especially considering it's 1080p vs 1440p on the note7 and yet still kicks *** says a lot in my opinion. Yet even though I love the display on my ip7 plus I would love it even more if it had the color inaccurate super smoked display my note 7 had. Sorry, that's the truth. By the way, this opinion doesn't make the ip7 inferior cause it's not just different take on the same thing.
    10-21-2016 06:20 AM
    Wow, can't we just agree that the IP7P has the most color accurate display while the Samsung has the most candylicious display.

As for TVs candylicious destroys video and is only good for general viewing. That's why people get paid to calibrate displays.
    I have a Samsung (expensive) TV and the 1st thing I did was get the display calibrated and having those accurate colors is night and day.
    For my phone It doesn't really matter as much.

10-21-2016 06:47 AM
    One thing to note is that when the display mode on the current Samsungs are set to "Basic", it's actually quite accurate.

Basic mode is basically sRGB mode.

I also used the iPhone 7 Plus and it also has a great display, especially in the accuracy and calibration sector. It's not as bright, nor does it have infinite contrast, but it's a great LCD panel.

Also, a little mod note to everything to please keep it civil. We may be Android geeks, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't look over the other side to see what's up. There's always stuff to learn out there, and we're here for that, so please keep the discussion civilized. The thread had to be cleaned up earlier.
    skatergirl likes this.
    10-21-2016 09:48 AM
103 ... 345