People who switched to I phone 7 plus...

anon(10029905)

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
People who switched to I phone 7 plus are u happy with your choice?
What are the most things you miss from the note 7 and android world?
Is the iPhone 7 plus worth the price?

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I switched and am struggling to get comfortable with the iPhone world. Things I miss:

1. The back button
2. The "Always On Display" (Edited to add this)
3. Fast Charging (Edited to add this)
4. Gallery - iOS photos seems rather limited and clunky
5. The camera - yes - the Note7 camera was that much better. Plus, I took a big round of pictures that were "Live" pictures - little video snips instead of still. Why is that on by default?
6. The App tray - yes, I liked it.
7. The ability to set separate sound settings for Ringtone, Notifications and Media. As far as I can tell there is one setting for everything.
8. The Google-centric world. I was used to it and though I know I can install most of the apps, I miss having them already installed.
9. Verizon signal is not as strong - I can't understand this one but I'm usually getting 2 circles on the iPhone but normally got 4 or 5 bars on my Samsung Devices (Note7 and S4 and S5 before that).

I'm still getting used to it so I can't comment on whether it's really worth the expense. The display is nice and close to the same size as the Note 7.

(Edited to add a few things!)

Last edited:

anon(10029905)

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I switched and am struggling to get comfortable with the iPhone world. Things I miss:

1. The back button
2. Gallery - iOS photos seems rather limited and clunky
3. The camera - yes - the Note7 camera was that much better. Plus, I took a big round of pictures that were "Live" pictures - little video snips instead of still. Why is that on by default?
4. The App tray - yes, I liked it.
5. The ability to set separate sound settings for Ringtone, Notifications and Media. As far as I can tell there is one setting for everything.
6. The Google-centric world. I was used to it and though I know I can install most of the apps, I miss having them already installed.
7. Verizon signal is not as strong - I can't understand this one but I'm usually getting 2 circles on the iPhone but normally got 4 or 5 bars on my Samsung Devices (Note7 and S4 and S5 before that).

I'm still getting used to it so I can't comment on whether it's really worth the expense. The display is nice and close to the same size as the Note 7.

How long does it take to charge the iPhone 7 plus? What do you think about battery life?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Very happy.

The iTurd 7 Plus battery life is out of this world and makes the Note 7's battery seem weak.

I'm getting way better signal strength and reception with the Verizon iTurd.

I do miss the always on display and wireless charging of the Note 7 though.

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I miss the LED notification light, back button, QUAD HD display, pen, Always On Display... this is my first time using IOS so I'm getting used to it. There are good things about the iPhone but Note 7 is or should I say was the best phone ever made.

And I agree with the poster above, the signal strength on the iPhone is way better, so is the keyboard.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
How long does it take to charge the iPhone 7 plus? What do you think about battery life?

Charging seems to take forever. I really liked the fast charging mode of the Note7 and I haven't noticed anything stellar about the battery life. I took it off the charger 3.5 hours ago and it's at 89% with minimal use. I assume I'll be charging it every night like I've done every other phone.

I also miss the "Always On Display" of the Note 7 - that was supposed to be high on my list . . . I'm going to edit my original post!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

1. The back button
2. Gallery - iOS photos seems rather limited and clunky
3. The camera - yes - the Note7 camera was that much better. Plus, I took a big round of pictures that were "Live" pictures - little video snips instead of still. Why is that on by default?
4. The App tray - yes, I liked it.
5. The ability to set separate sound settings for Ringtone, Notifications and Media. As far as I can tell there is one setting for everything.
6. The Google-centric world. I was used to it and though I know I can install most of the apps, I miss having them already installed.
7. Verizon signal is not as strong - I can't understand this one but I'm usually getting 2 circles on the iPhone but normally got 4 or 5 bars on my Samsung Devices (Note7 and S4 and S5 before that).

Weak vzw signal is a known issue. How about bluetooth sound? Any crackling? I was very surprised to read some vzw users claim better signal. This is disconcerting. I had assumed the weak signal was a software issue that would be fixed in an update but if some have even better signal than ever this seems to suggest a hardware issue in a LOT of vzw phones.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I miss the LED notification light, back button, QUAD HD display, pen, Always On Display... this is my first time using IOS so I'm getting used to it. There are good things about the iPhone but Note 7 is or should I say was the best phone ever made.

And I agree with the poster above, the signal strength on the iPhone is way better, so is the keyboard.

I wonder why my signal strength is not as good. I use Swiftkey as a keyboard and installed it on my iPhone after a day of using the native iOS keyboard!

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I've only used bluetooth a couple of times so far - both in the car. The sound was ok but it took longer for bluetooth to connect after I made a call. It was instant on my Samsung phones. I have wireless Bose headphones that I will connect later this week after I load my iTunes files onto the new phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Very happy.

The iTurd 7 Plus battery life is out of this world and makes the Note 7's battery seem weak.

I'm getting way better signal strength and reception with the Verizon iTurd.

I do miss the always on display and wireless charging of the Note 7 though.

So how are you notified of incoming alerts? Just LED?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I've only used bluetooth a couple of times so far - both in the car. The sound was ok but it took longer for bluetooth to connect after I made a call. It was instant on my Samsung phones. I have wireless Bose headphones that I will connect later this week after I load my iTunes files onto the new phone.

Most Samsung devices supports aptX codec for BT and Apple doesn't. Apple only uses BT standard A2DP. Crazy that they don't support it given the price of their devices and interest in music!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So how are you notified of incoming alerts? Just LED?

The screen lights up, notifications pop up, sound and vibration. There is No LED notification light on the iTurd. If your not near the phone when a notification comes in then you will have no clue you received anything with out picking up the actual phone. The iTurd has Rise to Wake which is pretty cool. You just pick up the phone and the screen comes on without touching anything. Another annoying thing is there is no call reject button if you receive a call while the screen if off. You have to double tap the power button to reject that call.

You dump the Notes yet?

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have AT&T and the LTE signal is better, I did the speed test, same place, and it was better. I did the wifi speedtest as well at my house, because for some reason, the Note 7 wifi signal strength in my room was very weak or none and I would have to turn off wifi upstairs, but with the iPhone 7 Plus, I actually get great signal in my room. So that is something that Samsung should definitely fix on their next phone.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Same here except note7 signal strength was a little better than my iPhone 7 plus and I have Verizon. I love the fact that I rarely mess up when using keyboard. I'm very happy for a first time iPhone user tho. But I will definitely be back for the next note tho.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I miss the way Android syncs. Using Google photos on the Iphone can be frustrating because the photos don't sync immediately. If fact I think you have to open the Google photos app before they will sync. With the Note 7 and Android in particular, when you take a photo, if you have a good internet connection your photos sync instantly. I can take a photo, go home and go on my pc and pull up the photos I just took online in Google photos.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The screen lights up, notifications pop up, sound and vibration. There is No LED notification light on the iTurd. If your not near the phone when a notification comes in then you will have no clue you received anything with out picking up the actual phone. The iTurd has Rise to Wake which is pretty cool. You just pick up the phone and the screen comes on without touching anything. Another annoying thing is there is no call reject button if you receive a call while the screen if off. You have to double tap the power button to reject that call.

You dump the Notes yet?
Umm you touch the red button to reject the call. Or if you just want to silent it from ringing you tap the volume buttons.

Last edited:

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I miss the way Android syncs. Using Google photos on the Iphone can be frustrating because the photos don't sync immediately. If fact I think you have to open the Google photos app before they will sync. With the Note 7 and Android in particular, when you take a photo, if you have a good internet connection your photos sync instantly. I can take a photo, go home and go on my pc and pull up the photos I just took online in Google photos.
Yes you have to open the app for it to sync. It's put to sleep so it doesn't use battery.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't gotten mine yet, but I should have it by tomorrow. I had one for a short time before the note 7, and I enjoyed it. It may not have the spen but the phone is a fast phone which everything works great on.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I now have a iPhone 7 plus and I'm loving it more and more each day... once you learn it's in and outs and realize every app has a different implementation of the back button and other iOS corks The device becomes more enjoyable.

Right out the box I'm enjoying it's marvelous battery life and awesome sounding stereo speakers. The screen even though is of a lower spec then most android devices, to me it looks better than a lot of other quad HD displays I've seen that isn't a galaxy phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12