People who switched to I phone 7 plus...

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Happy to say that I switched to an iPhone 7 after exchanging my Note 7 and switched again quickly to an S7. The iPhone was nice, but boooring. I've had them since the 3G and switched to Android for a bit, went back to a 6s and then to the Note 7. Anyway, I can't do iPhone any more. No innovation and it just got stale after 8 years. This S7 is awesome. The S7 edge was interesting but I wanted something a bit smaller. I loved the Note 7, but the s7 is perfect size wise and for what I need. I don't see how you could switch from a phone like the Note 7 to iPhone. Blechh.

Yeah I was close to getting one but pulled back after playing with one. Very fast phone, but so limiting. IPhones just make me feel so claustrophobic.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I didn't switch to the iPhone 7 Plus. I have both the iPhone and Note 7.

I mainly use the iPhone to keep in touch with my kids and their elderly grandfather since the iPhone is easier for them to use. I do like how the Google apps on the iPhone function much better than on the Android. I like how well the continuity works with the iPhone and other Apple devices even when the iPhone is turned off (unless on Verizon). I use NumberSync with my Gear S2 Classic watch on AT&T which works good, but is not as good as the continuity of the iPhone. One of my favorite apps on Android is ACR call recorder. If the iPhone were to ever support such an app that does such an amazing job with recording calls, I could handle using the iPhone as my primary device. I like how the iPhone can function nearly the same on any carrier. Not having all the added carrier bloat and getting timely software updates is very good.

To me both the iPhone 7 Plus and Note 7 have some amazing functionality. They both have some unique features that would be great if ever combined into one device. I am heavily invested in both Apple and Samsung products and use either depending on the need at the moment. :)

Love ACR!

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was close to getting one but pulled back after playing with one. Very fast phone, but so limiting. IPhones just make me feel so claustrophobic.

This is the main thing right here. Some people utilize the extra options in Android and can't go without them. Others never use them and iOS does absolutely everything they want their phone to do. And I don't think anyone can argue that iOS is so much smoother and polished. It's one version of OS that Apple has perfected over the last 10 years.

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Quite happy, back on IOS after 3 years. Miss alot of the features that others have mentioned (always on display. led notification, wireless charging, themes, icons, fast charging, display, spen) but the 7+ is super smooth and the battery is amazing.

grob9642

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Interesting differences in the ecosystems here, It seems both have advantages and disadvantages. Good to know in case I ever pick up some Apple products and have to join their world.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the 7plus now nice phone but getting use to a restricted iOS is thought this is my its day in 5 years on a apple

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
It's working fine for me. I miss my N7, but no Android if that makes any sense. I would have kept my N7 too, but my wife wasn't having it.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Slow charging isn't an issue because battery life is phenomenal. Right now I'm at 50 pct at 16.5 hours and almost 5 hours of use time. And today was a busy day where I didn't use my phone much in the morning. I picked up my phone before going out to lunch and I was at 97 pct.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
My big thing is I just wanted a smart phone that does smart phone things. An iPhone or an Android would have done those things but I may as well go with the latest if I can.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
My list of annoyances is growing:

1. I miss the back button
2. I miss the "Always On Display"
3. I miss Fast Charging
4. Gallery - iOS photos seems rather limited and clunky
5. The camera - yes - the Note7 camera was that much better. Plus, I took a big round of pictures that were "Live" pictures - little video snips instead of still. Why is that on by default?
6. I miss the App tray - yes, I liked it.
7. I miss The ability to set separate sound settings for Ringtone, Notifications and Media. As far as I can tell there is one setting for everything.
8. I miss the Google-centric world. I was used to it and though I know I can install most of the apps, I miss having them already installed.
9. Verizon signal is not as strong - I can't understand this one but I'm usually getting 2 circles on the iPhone but normally got 4 or 5 bars on my Samsung Devices (Note7 and S4 and S5 before that).
10. Outbound message sound cannot be disabled. I either have to mute my phone or live with the irritation of that sound every time I send a text message.
11. Adding favorites is a pita - too many steps.
12. I haven't figured out a way to have a menu of contact shortcuts. On Android my right menu panel has always been reserved for my primary caller shortcuts. Surely I can do this - maybe a folder or something.
13. No LED for notifications - others have mentioned this but it's starting to bug me now. Due to the sound settings I have had my phone on mute most of the time and when I do pick it up I don't see notifications unless I get to the home screen and then swipe it down. In other words, I have to look for notifications.
14. I miss how easy it is on Android to get to settings.
15. Oddly, one place where there is one less keystroke is when you open a contact to make a call. I've inadvertently dialed more than a few people recently. Also facetimed a few by accident.

I'll know by Saturday whether I am going to return this phone and settle for the S7E. I like some things (having my music on-board is nice!) but I may be too entrenched in the Android/Samsung ways of doing things to ever be fully satisfied with this phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about going with iPhone to try it out, but I do contract pricing and couldn't justify paying $120 to $220 More for the iPhone. So I stayed with what I know and what was closest to the n7 and went with the s7 edge. I would probably have went back to the n5, but the last update killed the battery. Seems like all os updates have negative effects on the phones, and with nougat coming to the s7 edge, that is really the only reason I would return this phone and wait.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Noooo!!!! Quite the opposite for me.
Same here. Idk I never bought into the hype of the iPhone being faster especially with it's limiting functions of quickly editing settings. I'm spoiled by the grace ui. Any skin I use seems lack luster compared to it. Love being able to quick switch Bluetooth functions as I always have 2 or more Bluetooth devices connected at a time(watch, head phones, car stereo, Bluetooth speaker etc).

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Well after a few days I'm still enjoying my iPhone experience.... at this point I don't mind settling down with this phone till the new round of flagships come out.

The only thing I question is value... should I keep this near $1000 device? Or maybe the Axon 7 is a better stop gap?

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This is my first iPhone ever and I don't understand how people can say there's no difference in the display. I understand if you're using the internet, instagram, facebook, whatever, but you can definitely see the difference when watching video. I use my directv app & always watch NFL Sunday Ticket, and the colors are pale and the white is bright. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone, but nothing compared to the Note 7. iPhone are definitely behind on the display.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is my first iPhone ever and I don't understand how people can say there's no difference in the display. I understand if you're using the internet, instagram, facebook, whatever, but you can definitely see the difference when watching video. I use my directv app & always watch NFL Sunday Ticket, and the colors are pale and the white is bright. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone, but nothing compared to the Note 7. iPhone are definitely behind on the display.

It's definitely no note 7....but when I compare it to other current phones I've used..HTC 10, LG5 I prefer the iPhone 7 Plus screen especially in direct sunlight.

JessiLulu

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I am considering switching to the iPhone 7 plus when I turn in my Note7. Does anyone know how T-Mobile's stock looks? I looked at shipping dates and a lot are set for late November. I was wondering if stores still have them and if anyone here had any firsthand experience with their current or recent stock.

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I am considering switching to the iPhone 7 plus when I turn in my Note7. Does anyone know how T-Mobile's stock looks? I looked at shipping dates and a lot are set for late November. I was wondering if stores still have them and if anyone here had any firsthand experience with their current or recent stock.

The fastest way is apple store. Go to apple.com and istocknow.com and check apple stores around your area, you need to keep checking online all the time until your nearby store has it available then you can order it online and pick it up at the store.