People who switched to I phone 7 plus...

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
lots of android users have your point of view... they focus more on settings, homepages and widgets instead of what really matters...how app performs and operate within the OS..and I'm realizing just how much more refined and perform better in iOS then they do in android.

See I don't think there is a right or wrong answer here. I would ammend your answer with "instead of what really matters TO THEM". There are iPhone people in the world and there are android people in the world and I for one am glad for that. Neither is "better" and through different channels of innovation each camp spurs the other on to create greater and better end results. Vive la différence! :)

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Amoled doesn't have good colors. Over saturated and not accurate. That is why the iPhone display got the best rating for color accuracy and best LCD display on any smartphone.

Samsung display is the best display on the market, period. I don't want my phone to display washed out colors, pale, LCD colors, I want my phone to display excellent colors and images. When you buy a tv, you go for a tv that will give you the best colors. Check the videos and then tell us which one you prefer. The black alone beats iphones.

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Listen, I have an Iphone 7 plus for 2 days now in my possesion and the display is very very nice. It is a more color accurate display for sure. However, while I like the display on the Iphone I still prefer the display that was on my Note 7's. The IP7 lcd is very nice but imo (less acurate or not) the super amoled display on the Note 7 is better hands down. I'm under no illusion about that. I knew that going in and it's not a surprise to me. I know what I'm looking at on my iphone is more true to real life but that said I still like the looks of things onthe amoled better. Period.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
That's a complete lie. Look I loved my Note 7, best phone of all time but seriously, stop making things up. The iPhone is much smoother.

How can my personal experience be a lie? I am trying to get used to this phone - I like some things but others not as much. I stated MY opinion and you are free to share yours but kindly refrain from being ugly about it.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Samsung display is the best display on the market, period. I don't want my phone to display washed out colors, pale, LCD colors, I want my phone to display excellent colors and images. When you buy a tv, you go for a tv that will give you the best colors. Check the videos and then tell us which one you prefer. The black alone beats iphones.
Exactly. No one would want a TV where the images look washed out. Same goes for my phone I think of my phone as a small extension of my television anyway. It is a media device for me.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Again, not personal preference. FACTS. Unless you say displaymate is wrong.

I'm saying that the Note 7 display is much better looking than the iPhone 7 plus display. No one I've met has said different. To me, you're in the minority.

The iPhone 7 plus takes more color accurate photos (supposedly, though where does the measurement of that lie in spectrum of totality), but more people prefer the photos taken with S7 and above.

For 'best' it's subjective.

For 'most accurate to human vision with parameters X-Z based on this color space with this test content measured with this tool', i guess iPhone 7 LCD wins.

Is that what you're saying?

No matter, the Note 7 looks better to me.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
When someone says it's the best display for color, it's not. Just correcting misguided people.

The people you are correcting said it was their preference as to the screen they liked. It is also their money as to which device they purchase. Much the same as it is your money as to which device you purchase & what you find is worth it. Other than that, let it go already.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well switching from the N7 to the I phone 7 plus the N7 had a much better display in all regards , how ever I'm not treating the I phone like a baby worrying about breaking the glass, with the note that was only a matter of time

To edit my statement the IPhone has a pretty amazing display , however for whatever reason on the web it seems a less bit sharp, but outside of that its great

Last edited:

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm saying that the Note 7 display is much better looking than the iPhone 7 plus display. No one I've met has said different. To me, you're in the minority.

The iPhone 7 plus takes more color accurate photos (supposedly, though where does the measurement of that lie in spectrum of totality), but more people prefer the photos taken with S7 and above.

For 'best' it's subjective.

For 'most accurate to human vision with parameters X-Z based on this color space with this test content measured with this tool', i guess iPhone 7 LCD wins.

Is that what you're saying?

No matter, the Note 7 looks better to me.
I can attest to that. Everyone I know that has a 7 well any iPhone is always wowed by my display on by Samsung phones. One friend was so jealous that he checked his playback resolution on YouTube only to realize that his phone highest resolution is only 720p. Works at a phone store btw not sure how he didnt know that lol

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
[UPDATE] The iPhone 7′s display quality is very close to the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Note 7.

That’s the gist of the testing DisplayMate Technologies did on the iPhone 7′s display. “The display on the iPhone 7 is…a major upgrade to the display on the iPhone 6,” DisplayMate Technologies’ Raymond Soneira wrote. “It is by far the best performing mobile LCD display that we have ever tested, and it breaks many display performance records.”

iPhone 7 vs Galaxy Note 7 and Galaxy S7: The operative phrase is “best performing mobile LCD display.” The Samsung 5.7-inch Galaxy Note 7 had the “best performing smartphone display that we have ever tested,” DisplayMate said in a separate, earlier review. It also said that about the Galaxy S7′s display (5.1 inches), though that is a more dated review. Both of those Samsung phones have organic light-emitting diode (OLED) displays.

“Sometimes the iPhone 7 LCD is better and sometimes the Galaxy OLEDs are better,” Soneira told me in an email. On smartphones, LCDs have been losing ground to OLEDs but Apple, at least for now, appears to have closed most of that gap.

Source: Forbes Welcome

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
The people you are correcting said it was their preference as to the screen they liked. It is also their money as to which device they purchase. Much the same as it is your money as to which device you purchase & what you find is worth it. Other than that, let it go already.

Not at first they didn't if you go back and actually read.