Samsung is treating the second Galaxy Note 7 recall as an optional scheme in South Korea - SamMobile

If this is true, and especially since we haven't received boxes to ship them back in (my VZW stores will not accept them) I'd keep mine in a heartbeat. But I dropped it Fri and shattered the screen, tho only on the top inch of the display, on the silver and the top corners. The post-recall fires, etc., have not yet been validated by Samsung or CPSC (anywhere that' I've read) to actually be replacement phones, photos of boxes with black squares and pics of the green battery not withstanding, since they could be of anyone's phone. Especially since CPSC had to issue a subpoena to obtain one of them.

If it ends up there actually was not a problem with the replacement, and we are OK'd to keep them, I doubt the FAA would lift its restrictions at this point, so don't know how I'd send it anywhere to get repaired/replaced.
    10-18-2016 11:07 AM
    Samsung is treating the second Galaxy Note 7 recall as an optional scheme in South Korea - SamMobile

If this is true, and especially since we haven't received boxes to ship them back in (my VZW stores will not accept them) I'd keep mine in a heartbeat. But I dropped it Fri and shattered the screen, tho only on the top inch of the display, on the silver and the top corners. The post-recall fires, etc., have not yet been validated by Samsung or CPSC (anywhere that' I've read) to actually be replacement phones, photos of boxes with black squares and pics of the green battery not withstanding, since they could be of anyone's phone. Especially since CPSC had to issue a subpoena to obtain one of them.

If it ends up there actually was not a problem with the replacement, and we are OK'd to keep them, I doubt the FAA would lift its restrictions at this point, so don't know how I'd send it anywhere to get repaired/replaced.
    The hammer has already been dropped here....Across the water they may have different standards but that's not gonna change anyone's mind over here....The phone is done in the united States
    10-18-2016 11:32 AM
    The hammer has already been dropped here....Across the water they may have different standards but that's not gonna change anyone's mind over here....The phone is done in the united States
    I agree the hammer has been dropped in the USA. And I agree the Note 7 is done here as well. What I don't agree with is that the standards are different outside of the United States. What sadly IS hugely different is the power of USA media. For this phone. For Samsung in general. In politics. In whichever way the media leans on any issue/topic.

The lack of proof of which phones these were, on the cause, etc., convinces me that Samsung had no choice but to succumb to the PR nightmare the media did cause.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-18-2016 12:35 PM
    The PR nightmare was caused by Samsung making exploding phones

People are upset because Samsung forced a recall here keeping people from choosing to keep their phones over allowing people to choose to potentially taking a risk in keeping the phone... maybe causing a bigger PR issue because WE are able to let people know with the power of our media.

In China they seem to be complaining that Samsung is not showing the same amount of respect and care about this issue and their people because they tried to bury the issue or make it look like a lesser issue as it sounds from below.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/bu...hina-test.html

Honestly, if there is a real issue, I'd prefer the media exposure so that I know the potential threat instead of finding out by being the victim.

I agree the hammer has been dropped in the USA. And I agree the Note 7 is done here as well. What I don't agree with is that the standards are different outside of the United States. What sadly IS hugely different is the power of USA media. For this phone. For Samsung in general. In politics. In whichever way the media leans on any issue/topic.

The lack of proof of which phones these were, on the cause, etc., convinces me that Samsung had no choice but to succumb to the PR nightmare the media did cause.
    ultravisitor likes this.
    10-18-2016 12:56 PM
    I'll add... I really like this phone... wish I got a chance to buy this phone and be my phone for the next 2 years. But if there really is a potential issue with these phones, then have to say better I wasn't able to get one and using it with a chance of something happening hanging over me.

You owned the phone so can understand harder to let go after having it, using it... If I were in your spot it would have been a struggle and might have held on to it for a while longer.

But they can't say for certain there is NO issue... so in the end, it's just a phone. Accept it and move on. I'm waiting to see what they'll bring in the S8.
    10-18-2016 01:17 PM
    While some of that article is correct, I'm not seeing where they are saying they can have their Note 7's back. I see where it says they will get a credit for what they've spent to use toward the purchase of an S7, S7 Edge, or Note 5.

https://translate.google.com/transla...28&prev=search
    10-18-2016 02:28 PM
    Hmmm, gonna backpedal here. Appears the sammobile article was based on a reddit user's post, nothing directly from Samsung (which I've criticized all of the other media reporting of). Meh. We'll probably never know what's really going/went on.
    10-18-2016 07:56 PM