Samsung hit with lawsuit over note7 & s8 may halt

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Ok, please help me to understand why there is some need for lawyers & lawsuits? If there was no damage or injury.. Was this whole mess a royal pain in the backside... Absolutely!! Am I really pissed/sad that I can't have my Note 7 - Yah I am...Do I feel some level of entitlement or need to sue them... No, what does that solve and what does it do to help... Nothing!
Sorry, but this is my 2 cents(some of the things I have seen about this just seem a tad extreme)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Breuklen

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok, please help me to understand why there is some need for lawyers & lawsuits? If there was no damage or injury.. Was this whole mess a royal pain in the backside... Absolutely!! Am I really pissed/sad that I can't have my Note 7 - Yah I am...Do I feel some level of entitlement or need to sue them... No, what does that solve and what does it do to help... Nothing!
Sorry, but this is my 2 cents(some of the things I have seen about this just seem a tad extreme)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Because some people are out money due to wasted time and energy. What about people that turned in another phone when getting the Note 7 before the first recall? They aren't getting their old phone back and may be are on the losing end thanks to the 2nd recall. Some users may have been forced to make an unexpected purchase due to Samsung's fiasco. What about accessories purchased through 3rd parties? They probably can't get a refund for items that they can't use.

And the lawsuits for those that did suffer injuries and damage will surely be around the corner. Just wait and see. With well over 100 fires/explosions, those will be the bigger paydays.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It seems as if the exploding Note 7's have mysteriously stopped since the official "voluntary" recall was announced, it must be a cosmic coincidence.

Samsung has some serious problems in my opinion.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Because some people are out money due to wasted time and energy. What about people that turned in another phone when getting the Note 7 before the first recall? They aren't getting their old phone back and may be are on the losing end thanks to the 2nd recall. Some users may have been forced to make an unexpected purchase due to Samsung's fiasco. What about accessories purchased through 3rd parties? They probably can't get a refund for items that they can't use.

And the lawsuits for those that did suffer injuries and damage will surely be around the corner. Just wait and see. With well over 100 fires/explosions, those will be the bigger paydays.

For the folks that had their N7 go into "Melt Down" and suffered damage or injury, If Samsung is not doing the right thing for them then legal action would seem reasonable. We have all lost time and been frustrated with this whole mess. I made a choice to buy a Note 5 to replace my N7 because I was not interested in the other available phone options. As for accessories, Anything USB-C will become useful since it seems to be the next standard, Spigen is sending me a case for my N5, some other items will be a wash. I don't feel any need to sue Samsung nor do I think it would solve anything, I have moved on and am waiting for the Next S-Pen equipped device. This is simply my point of view, not a point of debate.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems as if the exploding Note 7's have mysteriously stopped since the official "voluntary" recall was announced, it must be a cosmic coincidence.

Samsung has some serious problems in my opinion.
Not really. They've asked everyone to shut them off and keep them off. That would cut down on incidents. If one does melt nownit might not get reported since you've been told to shut it off and turn it in.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
They have already published info on the fact there are more than a million still being used. The only way they know that number is because we are still using them on our carriers network.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not really. They've asked everyone to shut them off and keep them off. That would cut down on incidents. If one does melt nownit might not get reported since you've been told to shut it off and turn it in.
That is if you believe the majority of the note 7 users actually did that.

fwinst

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
So then, here's the deal. The Phones that actually did explode/catch fire, consider these then damaged devices evidence. They get sent in to be examined by Expert Analysts in the field. This alone would explain what was the problem with these supposed faulty products IF this was actually the case.
The fact that the supposed owners of these supposed exploded Note 7's refused to turn their devices in speaks volumes!

That's not necessarily so. IF (big if) they can determine, from the damaged devices, exactly what caused the "explosion", they still have to see if that was the issue with ALL the devices, AND, more importantly, can they recreate the issue. It's not so easy. Chances are, it's more than one thing that created the issue, and if all factors are not involved, no issue. That just makes the whole thing that much more difficult to pin down.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
They aren't going to win! This is actually nuts. Samsung has done a lot for their customers during g this tough ordeal. These 3 people are among millions involved and yet we aren't suing! I have
NOT been without a phone. I had the edge temporarily prior to the replacement.
Then had to replace the replacement and I am not being charged the mo payment for the phone until I receive my 64gig Note5 that is on backorder. AND I WILL GET A 100.00 bill credit. So how is Samsung not helping?
I didn't know I wasn't being g charged for the phone.. Customer care told me when placing the order.
Samsung and Verizon have been great. I would never think to sue them

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

If you persist you can get reimbursed for cases I did on all I purchased 3 were from ebay...