11-02-2016 07:26 PM
72 123
tools
    I doubt they can enforce any deadline so soon, maybe in a few months. I turned off updates so they cannot brick mine that way. I also am undecided as to my eventual replacement.
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-18-2016 09:01 PM
    I ordered the LG V20. If I don't like it (Hopefully I do). SIM Card is going right back in the Note 7 until I find another phone that will do. The only thing I won't do is get on an airplane with the Note 7. I ain't trying to get arrested or taken in some green room because of the Note 7....lol. That's where I draw the line. I am just hoping the LG V20 does the trick for me.
    10-18-2016 09:59 PM
    I doubt they can enforce any deadline so soon, maybe in a few months. I turned off updates so they cannot brick mine that way. I also am undecided as to my eventual replacement.
    When you turn off updates, doesn't it turn off updates for the apps as well?
    10-18-2016 10:03 PM
    I just called verizon about not getting a refund for my first recalled phone and they guy didn't even know about the final recall. SMH
    This actually happened to me too... No communication; whatsoever lol smh
    10-18-2016 10:15 PM
    Good luck on that. The phone eventually will be crippled. It is official. . Dump it!
    Actually no. The Note 7 is far from "dead". In fact it just received an update:
    Received an update on SM-N9300 | Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    TomOfTx likes this.
    10-18-2016 11:01 PM
    Actually no. The Note 7 is far from "dead". In fact it just received an update:
    Received an update on SM-N9300 | Samsung Galaxy Note 7
    Nice!
    The Phone Company likes this.
    10-18-2016 11:16 PM
    On October 13th, Sprint sent me a text saying I had 15 days to return phone or I'll have to pay in full. Text was on note 7 so I don't have that text anymore.
    I'll be livid if T-mobile tries to pull this bs. If I want to keep my Note 7 that's my choice you can't force me to give it back, hell I'll even sign a waiver saying I take full responsibility for the phone and my safety. ๐Ÿ˜ง
    TomOfTx likes this.
    10-18-2016 11:21 PM
    My guess, it could be the last update. I got that update the same day i got the 7. System version is the same etc
    I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled a brick out. I have yet to return mines but not in use.
    10-19-2016 03:35 AM
    A tmob rep also told me online they haven't set a deadline for us to return it, I'm also milking it to see what phone I decide to downgrade to.
    10-19-2016 08:09 AM
    On October 13th, Sprint sent me a text saying I had 15 days to return phone or I'll have to pay in full. Text was on note 7 so I don't have that text anymore.

I've been with Sprint for 10 years. I never got that text, but if they ever pulled a stunt like that, I would dump them in a New York minute. I'll return the Note when I get my hands on a suitable replacement. In this case, I'm waiting until the 28th to get the V20. I know, even if I HAD received that text on the 13th saying I had 15 days to return it, that would be the 28th anyway, but it's the principal of the matter.
    10-19-2016 08:23 AM
    When you turn off updates, doesn't it turn off updates for the apps as well?
    Has not on mine. I have the apps set to NOT Auto update, but I do get alerts that an update is available
    I'll be livid if T-mobile tries to pull this bs. If I want to keep my Note 7 that's my choice you can't force me to give it back, hell I'll even sign a waiver saying I take full responsibility for the phone and my safety. ๐Ÿ˜ง
    athenatp likes this.
    10-19-2016 11:48 AM
    What do you mean by crippled?
    She's spreading FUD.
    Cary Quinn and jackash0912 like this.
    10-19-2016 01:00 PM
    I heard Samsung hired Joe Pesci to go around and bust all the Note 7s kneecaps! Lol no, there is speculation that Samsung will eventually send out some type of update to essentially brick the phone. At the very least, I can see the carriers eventually booting them off the networks and blacklisting the IMEI numbers so they'll just be a wifi only device.
    By coincidence I'm home alone; we'll see about that!
    10-19-2016 04:11 PM
    Put CyanogenMod on it and replace the battery with a few of these. You will have longer battery life, a non-crippled device, and one that won't explode.
    bassjo likes this.
    10-19-2016 11:56 PM
    When is that going to happen? Could you link us to your source?
    There's no given timeline but features are already being disabled ...

http://m.androidcentral.com/oculus-d...ibility-note-7
    10-20-2016 12:04 AM
    I also have T-Mobile, and would like to have it as long as possible, and still get a full refund when I am willing to return it. Say in 6 months from now, can I still get a full refund?
    They should refund us anytime. I think a recall never ends. Why make us buy something we don't want ? Without a incentive for us to be a loyal customer. I don't expect anything for free but heavily discounted S7 would make feel better about being a Samsung customer.
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    10-22-2016 12:35 AM
    There's no given timeline but features are already being disabled ...

http://m.androidcentral.com/oculus-d...ibility-note-7
    The Gear VR was not an actual feature of the Note 7. That's an accessory, and that was a choice made by Oculus. My Note 7 functions the same as it did the first day I got it.
    10-22-2016 05:04 AM
    So there is a deadline to deadline for the refund or exchange of the Galaxy Note 7 is December 3.

So, if anything goes wrong with your handset after the deadline, the company won't be held responsible.

So if true, the mods should make this date a sticky to make all aware? Because I would imagine, after December 3rd, you can't refund or exchange at full price, the phone would be worthless On the secondary market?

4 reasons why Samsung Galaxy Note 7 users should return the device soon
    10-22-2016 08:35 PM
    Same boat as OP. I don't want to downgrade to anything currently available. I don't want to get into a 7 Edge and pay premium price for a phone that's 7 months old. I don't want to get a phone this close to the S8's being announced and give up my upgrade. Until there is something solid with regards to time limit I'm hanging on to my N7.
    10-22-2016 09:06 PM
    The article I referenced gave a deadline December 3 to get your refund or exchange.

So you are saying you're willing to hold onto your note 7 until S8 announce in February... after the deadline... letting your phone value basically go to zero ?

Same boat as OP. I don't want to downgrade to anything currently available. I don't want to get into a 7 Edge and pay premium price for a phone that's 7 months old. I don't want to get a phone this close to the S8's being announced and give up my upgrade. Until there is something solid with regards to time limit I'm hanging on to my N7.
    10-22-2016 09:15 PM
    Hey guys...I am telling u...V20 is a beast. Been on a note for 4 years now....just got my V20 yesterday...this phone is awesome. So much faster battery life way better than N7 audio is awesome...screen not quite as good but still a great screen, and 2nd screen is fantastic. Way better than edge screen. I love large screen phones and having a flat screen u get more screen size than on N7. Don't hesitate on this phone...if I had the choice of which phone to have straight up...right now I would take thus over N7....I didn't use s pen that much. Love ir blaster too!
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    10-22-2016 11:54 PM
    The article I referenced gave a deadline December 3 to get your refund or exchange.

So you are saying you're willing to hold onto your note 7 until S8 announce in February... after the deadline... letting your phone value basically go to zero ?
    December 3rd is the deadline . . . in KOREA.

No deadline has been set in the United States.
    donm527 and CrisG like this.
    10-23-2016 12:18 AM
    this is from the first recall in south korea
    Samsung has a stop-gap fix for the Note 7 problem: OTA update to limit charge to 60% - Android Authority

yes that could happen here in USA if more reports of issues come in, they are just letting consumers come in at free will

airlines alrdy banned the phone so those who travel good luck with that but why risk it?

lets say something happens with your phone and damages or lives are taken will you ask for Samsung for payment or admit it was your fault for refusing to turn in?
    10-23-2016 03:06 AM
    My bad. Thanks

December 3rd is the deadline . . . in KOREA.

No deadline has been set in the United States.
    10-23-2016 03:44 AM
    So there's a basically deadline to return with T-mobile if your financing your Note 7, I just found out from XDA then confirmed by checking my upcoming T-mobile bill... I'm so mad right now I can't even tell you... ugh they're tying to talk me into getting the S7E which I'd have to pay a ridiculous $69 down for a 7 month old phone and get this since I have Jump I wouldn't be able to upgrade again until I pay off half of the phone SMH. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ 

soldier45 and Daniel Ferrara like this.
    10-23-2016 06:10 AM
72 123