11-02-2016 07:26 PM
72 123
tools
    So there's a basically deadline to return with T-mobile if your financing your Note 7, I just found out from XDA then confirmed by checking my upcoming T-mobile bill... I'm so mad right now I can't even tell you... ugh they're tying to talk me into getting the S7E which I'd have to pay a ridiculous $69 down for a 7 month old phone and get this since I have Jump I wouldn't be able to upgrade again until I pay off half of the phone SMH.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a48abd6f85.jpg
    I thought the Jump from the Note doesn't count? That I would argue with them....I was told it wouldn't count towards any Jump. So basically by March you should be able to switch if Samsung comes out with another phone....also you can pay more towards the phone if you really want to switch in March. Another option is to buy another unlocked phone to keep as back up and then your jump will be available if Samsung comes out with something you like (I mean you might not even like what they offer for the S8). I switched to LG V20 (It's no N7) apart from the screen I think you will like it. Because soo far everything on your bill I have....lol.

Me, I am starting to get over this mess. One thing I hate is people shoving things I don't like and paying money for down my throat. For now I am taking a little hiatus from Samsung until something with a pen comes out again. I really think they botched this recall up really bad for their loyal customers. I don't care how much people talk about double or triple dip, the Note 5 or S7, S7E should've been offered at half price to customers who went through this recall, specially twice. This is just my opinion....so I don't need the moral police after the comments I just stated, because It is what it is....and it's MY opinion nothing on this board will change that.
    10-23-2016 07:07 AM
    Recalled products cannot be sold! That is illegal. Doesn't matter if you turn it in or not.
    10-23-2016 08:08 AM
    I thought the Jump from the Note doesn't count? That I would argue with them....I was told it wouldn't count towards any Jump. So basically by March you should be able to switch if Samsung comes out with another phone....also you can pay more towards the phone if you really want to switch in March. Another option is to buy another unlocked phone to keep as back up and then your jump will be available if Samsung comes out with something you like (I mean you might not even like what they offer for the S8). I switched to LG V20 (It's no N7) apart from the screen I think you will like it. Because soo far everything on your bill I have....lol.

Me, I am starting to get over this mess. One thing I hate is people shoving things I don't like and paying money for down my throat. For now I am taking a little hiatus from Samsung until something with a pen comes out again. I really think they botched this recall up really bad for their loyal customers. I don't care how much people talk about double or triple dip, the Note 5 or S7, S7E should've been offered at half price to customers who went through this recall, specially twice. This is just my opinion....so I don't need the moral police after the comments I just stated, because It is what it is....and it's MY opinion nothing on this board will change that.
    Thank you, I totally agree. My plan right now is to hold on to the Note 7 until my next bill is due then make my decision but I plan to argue like hell over it and if I can I'm gonna make them give me jump on demand when I get a different phone since technically that is a new agreement.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-23-2016 08:08 AM
    Recalled products cannot be sold! That is illegal. Doesn't matter if you turn it in or not.
    Are you trying to say they can not force people to pay for the Note 7 or charge for it? If they don't turn it back in? Just asking....
    Also my TMobile bill reflects the N7 but there is no charge for it....I still haven't returned mine yet. Was waiting for the LG V20 which I just received. I probably won't until next week....I am trying to avoid the whole process because I have other things to bring back as well, such as charger pad and cases....this won't be fun.
    10-23-2016 09:29 AM
    If they make you pay for it they cant turn it off then. Plus it is against federal law for a company to sell you the N7. If they do then they take responsibility for whatever happens. All they can do is cut it off and tell you to turn it in. Doesn't matter if they sold it to you in a plan. It was recalled.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-23-2016 02:00 PM
    So there's a basically deadline to return with T-mobile if your financing your Note 7, I just found out from XDA then confirmed by checking my upcoming T-mobile bill... I'm so mad right now I can't even tell you... ugh they're tying to talk me into getting the S7E which I'd have to pay a ridiculous $69 down for a 7 month old phone and get this since I have Jump I wouldn't be able to upgrade again until I pay off half of the phone SMH. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ 

What if you paid cash like me ?
    10-23-2016 02:32 PM
    So there's a basically deadline to return with T-mobile if your financing your Note 7, I just found out from XDA then confirmed by checking my upcoming T-mobile bill... I'm so mad right now I can't even tell you... ugh they're tying to talk me into getting the S7E which I'd have to pay a ridiculous $69 down for a 7 month old phone and get this since I have Jump I wouldn't be able to upgrade again until I pay off half of the phone SMH. ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ 

Dang, T-Mobile sucks for that. Hopefully AT&T doesn't do that.
    10-23-2016 06:09 PM
    Turning over my Note the 28th for the LG V20 reluctantly. I will miss this beast. Miss the wireless charging, s pen, water resistance. But time moves on and next year maybe better things when I upgrade again.
    10-23-2016 06:36 PM
    Thank you, I totally agree. My plan right now is to hold on to the Note 7 until my next bill is due then make my decision but I plan to argue like hell over it and if I can I'm gonna make them give me jump on demand when I get a different phone since technically that is a new agreement.
    Maybe you could just find a used phone to activate so you don't have to agree to a contract right now. That's what I did, but I'm with Verizon though. They seem as if the couldn't care less about getting my Note 7 back since I turned on my old phone instead of getting pressured into a new one under contract.
    10-23-2016 06:54 PM
    Maybe you could just find a used phone to activate so you don't have to agree to a contract right now. That's what I did, but I'm with Verizon though. They seem as if the couldn't care less about getting my Note 7 back since I turned on my old phone instead of getting pressured into a new one under contract.
    Ya, that's what I think I might do cause I might upgrade to the S8 when it comes out...๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ fml ugh I feel like I'm being such a baby over this whole situation (am I alone?) but I guess it just shows how much our smartphones are such a big part of our everyday lives and it's important that we like and enjoy them because if you really think about it your phone is your go-to for so many things:

*Pocket Computer - Email, Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
    *Camera/Video Camera
    *Navigation
    *Online Mall
    *Translator
    *Notepad/Sketchbook (if it's a Note ๐Ÿ˜‰)
    *Calendar
    *Music Player
    *Movie Player
    *EReader
    (That was all that I could think of off the top of my head)
    10-23-2016 11:49 PM
    Following this thread as I am also using my Note 7 at the present time.
    Challenger513 likes this.
    10-24-2016 02:39 AM
    31st Oct is last day
    after that can use it only till 60% got the update today in Dubai

wondering if anyone has blocked updates ?
    HOW ?
    10-28-2016 08:19 AM
    The carriers do not want to deal with it anymore and per corporate reps for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon- they will NOT provide any support for the Note 7, other than returning it. I agree on your sentiment here, but time to let go. Frankly, the signal reception on the two Verizon ones I had kind of makes me glad now. The Note 4 in weaker areas is 10 dBm better and the V20 is 5 dBm better than the Note 4.

Note 7 and the Pixel are both weak on reception.
    10-28-2016 11:18 AM
    On October 13th, Sprint sent me a text saying I had 15 days to return phone or I'll have to pay in full. Text was on note 7 so I don't have that text anymore.
    I received texts from Sprint on 10/14, 10/20, ans 10/25. None of those came with any deadline to return.
    Cary Quinn likes this.
    10-28-2016 11:32 AM
    Wish this Update was on Dec 31st
    10-29-2016 07:21 AM
    I havent turned my Note 7 in yet as I have been stuck buying at BestBuy through Sprint 2 year contract and now Sprint isnt offering those in BB anymore.
    10-30-2016 08:50 AM
    I could be wrong but I thought someone posted on here that T-Mobile is no longer offering Jump On Demand, if that's the case then I don't think their system would let them do it even if they wanted too. I'd definitely look into it though to find out if it's true and if the first person tells you no, try again later on and see if someone different gives you the same answer. They should wipe out the Jump use for anyone who went with the Note 7 and switched to another phone because obviously that's not the phone they wanted.
    11-01-2016 01:39 PM
    I could be wrong but I thought someone posted on here that T-Mobile is no longer offering Jump On Demand, if that's the case then I don't think their system would let them do it even if they wanted too. I'd definitely look into it though to find out if it's true and if the first person tells you no, try again later on and see if someone different gives you the same answer. They should wipe out the Jump use for anyone who went with the Note 7 and switched to another phone because obviously that's not the phone they wanted.
    I just moved my two other lines that were on the Jump program to JOD. It is still available, it's just not offered openly. You would need to request it. The retail stores have no clue but calling in, the agents can set it up for you.
    11-01-2016 03:09 PM
    I just moved my two other lines that were on the Jump program to JOD. It is still available, it's just not offered openly. You would need to request it. The retail stores have no clue but calling in, the agents can set it up for you.
    Thanks for the info, the sales associates at the store told me it wasn't available anymore ๐Ÿ˜”
    11-01-2016 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the info, the sales associates at the store told me it wasn't available anymore ๐Ÿ˜”
    No prob.
    11-01-2016 05:07 PM
    2 weeks ago I tried to exchange my Note7 for an iphone 7 plus that wasn't available but was backordered and I asked Verizon if I can keep my Note 7 until the iphone arrives and they told me that I can return my Note no later than November 24th
    11-02-2016 05:22 PM
    I have the V20 which I am pretty happy with.I still have my note7.am using it today .but I have yet to get any email or info from tmobile about a deadline date to turn in the note .I am on jump.
    11-02-2016 07:26 PM
72 123