My one concern about this whole mess.....

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Unlike many trolls on the web, I am not concerned about the viability of Samsung as a major phone OEM. This sorry saga will be forgotten, like countless other recalls of other products around the world, and Samsung will continue on.

But........

One thing is bugging me. The fact that Samsung incorrectly diagnosed the fault on the first recall. And then hundreds of engineers have not been able to reproduce the combustion under lab conditions. And finally, unable to find out what has been the exact problem with the phone, Samsung have had to go with the drastic measure and discontinue it.

With a CRITICAL S8 not far off, I hope Samsung gets to the bottom of this and FAST. Imagine the S8 going into production and never identifying what was the fault in the Note 7. The obvious scenario presents itself.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Of course, it may be only a few specimens of the device that are susceptible, for whatever reason. That may explain why they cannot deliberately cause the runaway or combustion....they may without realising it be testing unaffected devices.

Sent from mTalk

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Let's not forget the Samsung releases several lines of Galaxy phones every year, from entry level to midrange to high end. And they're still releasing new phones to this day that are not exploding.

I don't believe for one second that this issue will carry over to the S line.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I found it odd that they said all returned Note 7s will immediately be disposed of. You'd think they'd want to run some tests on those too and see if they can get to the bottom of why it is happening. I know they can't possibly test them all, but at least inspect and test a good portion of them and see if any problematic units show up. There might be a common theme starting to show in some of the phones that are getting ready to have a failure...

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I found it odd that they said all returned Note 7s will immediately be disposed of. You'd think they'd want to run some tests on those too and see if they can get to the bottom of why it is happening. I know they can't possibly test them all, but at least inspect and test a good portion of them and see if any problematic units show up. There might be a common theme starting to show in some of the phones that are getting ready to have a failure...

If they were to do this, and found a few that could "go off" and one of them happened to be one that I returned, I'd also like to be notified about that. Would make me feel a whole lot better about giving it back.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't recall seeing they were immediately destroying them... if that was the case, i would think they know what the issue was and getting rid of them. it would be silly not to do tests. this issue cost them over $3 billion... really not going to do a major test??

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
I don't recall seeing they were immediately destroying them... if that was the case, i would think they know what the issue was and getting rid of them. it would be silly not to do tests. this issue cost them over $3 billion... really not going to do a major test??

Ok maybe I did read too much into the info. I guess it doesn't say anything about not testing them first before they are disposed of.Samsung is going to ‘dispose of’ all Galaxy Note 7 handsets - SamMobile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38