Samsung should put Note 5 back in production, give it SD Card storage, a chip and battery from S7 line. Drop USB-C for now and iris scanner and rebrand it the Note 6 at a lower price than the 850+ Note 7, like 650 700 ish. I myself would buy it.
    10-18-2016 07:21 PM
    I think that'd be a terrible idea for 5 reasons:

1. Battery size is fixed unless the device size is increased.
    2. It's a step back in technology to lose USB-C
    3. Losing IP68 sucks
    4. If started today it'd release after the Note 8 or whatever they'd call it
    5. The Note name would not help with sales

It'd be much cheaper and faster for them to just find a way to add s-pen functionality to the S7 Edge and sell that.
    mmsean likes this.
    10-18-2016 07:27 PM
    Reverted back to the N5 after returning the N7. If I could just get the always on screen and UI I would be happy.
    10-18-2016 08:46 PM
    It would be nice if they could upgrade the software with the latest grace UI and try to provide the same samsung features of the Note 7 on the Note 5 where possible if the Note 5 has the ability.... like the pen features to translate or create gifs or the updated AOD with note sticking on lock screen and even secure folder. I would imagine the Note 5 has the ability to support it.

That's what really stinks about Android phones really... the lack of support once the phones are a year old... the one OS update you might get in 13+ months is almost a half-*** attempt to show support.

The positive with iPhones... you're phone gets a year old, two years old, three years old... when they update the OS on new phones... those 1, 2, 3 year old phones will get the exact same updates with all the new features and new look and feel (yes even though the look doesnt change much lol)... but you get it all unless the phone doesnt have the hardware. Rant off.

Would be nice if they could off all the s-pen features on the S7 by using touch instead of pen... touch on a word to translate or write note on AOD with finger, gif creator and use finger to drag box to size.

I'm kinda hoping if they don't release a pen soon that they will do that to the S8.

I think that'd be a terrible idea for 5 reasons:

1. Battery size is fixed unless the device size is increased.
    2. It's a step back in technology to lose USB-C
    3. Losing IP68 sucks
    4. If started today it'd release after the Note 8 or whatever they'd call it
    5. The Note name would not help with sales

It'd be much cheaper and faster for them to just find a way to add s-pen functionality to the S7 Edge and sell that.
    10-18-2016 09:01 PM
    Samsung should put Note 5 back in production, give it SD Card storage, a chip and battery from S7 line. Drop USB-C for now and iris scanner and rebrand it the Note 6 at a lower price than the 850+ Note 7, like 650 700 ish. I myself would buy it.
    Why not do it on Note 7 instead??
    10-19-2016 09:33 AM
    I think the easiest to do would port N7 software features to the N5. It would give die hard note users something to hold them over until the N8, it should be fairly easy to do since they have the source code (within what the hardware can support). Yes it would be nice to have and SD slot, IP68 and some of the other features but It's just not practical. Also I think they need to take managing software updates away from the carriers something more like MS is doing with WP (I realize this is wishful thinking but...)

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    10-19-2016 09:55 AM