10-21-2016 06:56 PM
88 ... 234
tools
    I agree 100% with this. I can't make you keep it or return it, but I do sincerely hope your device doesn't become one we read about.
    Just hoping it doesn't get blacklisted will be enough.
    10-20-2016 05:35 PM
    i said it in my post yesterday,

i might be one of the few but i TOTALLY could see them closing/selling their mobile division after this debacle... Just a few short years ago i would have said, "noooooooo way", but having seen Sony sell off their laptop division, Toshiba completely discontinue the production of computers/laptops and how Nokia was once the "King" in cell phone production and is barely a pawn in the business today, i can easily see this occurring. Especially when those companies demise wasn't even due to ONE Particular thing.

i've been "all in" with Sammy for years, but if they take their chips and go home & close their mobile doors, sadly a big chunk of my life involves, "sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for their next best thing", but honestly, i can EASILY see it : (

Attachment 242868

BTC

i think you can, "stick a fork in their Mobile Division, they are DONE : (

Because think about this: Even if it WASN'T sabotage then, it will be NOW....ANY new device they make, there are going to be LOADS of ppl out there "DYING" to make headlines who will do "everything under the sun" to make whatever Sammy delivers "smoke & catch fire"... And yes, at that point Samsung can investigate and say, "well this user used a non OEM cord or whatnot, but at the end of the day, it won't matter, NOT after the Note 7's demise. So i think they will regroup, and make their mobile division strictly for manufacturing screens and other components for mobile devices, but from where i sit, they will NOT manufacture any new phones. I just don't see how they can and not expect the fallout from this to taint all future series....

BTC
    10-20-2016 05:37 PM

Because think about this: Even if it WASN'T sabotage then, it will be NOW....ANY new device they make, there are going to be LOADS of ppl out there "DYING" to make headlines who will do "everything under the sun" to make whatever Sammy delivers "smoke & catch fire"... And yes, at that point Samsung can investigate and say, "well this user used a non OEM cord or whatnot, but at the end of the day, it won't matter, NOT after the Note 7's demise. So i think they will regroup, and make their mobile division strictly for manufacturing screens and other components for mobile devices, but from where i sit, they will NOT manufacture any new phones. I just don't see how they can and not expect the fallout from this to taint all future series....

BTC
    Similar thinking. It will be hard to defend any sabotage, buy they will try at least one more phone. Rumor is they will look for LG to make their batteries, which i think is a good plan to get another big name involved if true. If any sabotage continues, it will be harder to believe that two big phone companies can screw up one more time after the painful Note 7 lesson.
    ateamlawn likes this.
    10-20-2016 06:03 PM

BTC
    Possibly, down the road, if their phones stop selling. But first I think we'll see a reorganization and rebranding.

Likely the "Galaxy" moniker will be dropped, and we'll just get "S8". And the Note line will be replaced with a new flagship.

I don't see Samsung quiting that easily though.
    10-20-2016 07:31 PM
    Possibly, down the road, if their phones stop selling. But first I think we'll see a reorganization and rebranding.

Likely the "Galaxy" moniker will be dropped, and we'll just get "S8". And the Note line will be replaced with a new flagship.

I don't see Samsung quiting that easily though.
    I don't see Samsung ditching the Galaxy brand unless it turns out that the S8 sells poorly.

One thing's for sure: Samsung is going to be extra-cautious with the S8. It won't push the battery capacity too far, it'll go through extra testing... anything to make sure it's safe. If the S8 had problems, that really would be the end of the company's mobile ambitions.
    VysheKryshi likes this.
    10-20-2016 08:52 PM
    Like the title says might sound crazy but think about after the 1st recall of the N7 the reports stopped then started almost instantly after sales started again now after the 2nd and final recall not a peep and I don't think it's because everyone has returned them I still have mine and I have seen quite a few in the wild I will be returning mine for the V20. I'm just curious what do u think and do u still have your N7 and r u keeping it like I said might sound crazy.
    I doubt it, but anything is possible.
    10-20-2016 09:18 PM
    Probably posted elsewhere because i do recall people talking round edges and didnt really pay attention but this picture kind of makes me understand and think... again... could be design issue. round edges, tight tolerances, charging/heating/expanding over time... bend... pop!

https://twitter.com/arter97/status/786002483424272384

Samsung’s Galaxy S8 may use battery packs from a non-Samsung supplier for obvious reasons – BGR
    10-20-2016 10:00 PM
    Jerry can you help us to answer these questions asked by this youtuber?

10-21-2016 03:59 PM
    This was the statement they initially released with the first recall. We now know that they were just throwing something out there. They have since admitted that they can't find the problem and that the government of South Korea has gotten involved in trying to find the problem. Why would the government get involved if they didn't suspect some funny business?
    Where, exactly, have they "since admitted" they can't find the cause? I believe you're probably correct, based on having read it on this forum so many times. But I've actually not seen the source of this statement, although I've likely just missed it. Have you?
    10-21-2016 04:05 PM
    Where, exactly, have they "since admitted" they can't find the cause? I believe you're probably correct, based on having read it on this forum so many times. But I've actually not seen the source of this statement, although I've likely just missed it. Have you?
    I read an article about Samsung mobile CEO came out and did a big press conference and apologized for what happened. It was at that press conference he said that they had not found the cause. It was the one where he came out and bowed before the cameras. I don't know if that's something he always does but that's the picture that was given for the article.
    10-21-2016 06:05 PM
    I read an article about Samsung mobile CEO came out and did a big press conference and apologized for what happened. It was at that press conference he said that they had not found the cause. It was the one where he came out and bowed before the cameras. I don't know if that's something he always does but that's the picture that was given for the article.
    I would be curious to know the date of that press conference... do you happen to have a link for it? Thanks! (this whole thing has got my conspiracy theory juices going! LOL)
    10-21-2016 06:17 PM
    I would be curious to know the date of that press conference... do you happen to have a link for it? Thanks! (this whole thing has got my conspiracy theory juices going! LOL)
    http://www.bgr.in/news/samsung-mobil...-of-consumers/
    10-21-2016 06:37 PM
    This is very strange, the video states this!
    10-21-2016 06:56 PM
88 ... 234