Might sound crazy but do you think there was some campaign against Samsung and the N7

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Like the title says might sound crazy but think about after the 1st recall of the N7 the reports stopped then started almost instantly after sales started again now after the 2nd and final recall not a peep and I don't think it's because everyone has returned them I still have mine and I have seen quite a few in the wild I will be returning mine for the V20. I'm just curious what do u think and do u still have your N7 and r u keeping it like I said might sound crazy.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I sadly traded mine in for an S7E, I knew it was inevitable that I would have to get rid of my note 7 and I did it before all S7 Edges end up back ordered. I have been saying this over and over again, what better way to knock off a giant by kicking him while he's down. I think the first recall was legit, and the second one was all a scam to knock off the competition for good. Just saying, lol

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Legal issues aside, That would really suck if the Note 7 got killed off because of greed. (Such an awesome phone)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Returned mine. I don't think there is a conspiracy. Samsung wouldn't just cancel a product without evidence of truth behind it. Losing billions isn't their goal.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My thought is... through this fiasco, the number being tossed around now is Samsung could lose $3.5 billion over this? Not to mention market cap value, etc. They probably figured out the dollar numbers... if they felt there was nothing wrong with the phones and some conspiracy, sabotage, fraud... they'd fight it. They could probably spend a millions on each case and still be a fraction of the current loses and show the people they will stand by there product.

I have to think they know... can't be that stupid... over a decade made BILLIONS of phones... hard to believe they haven't seen every type of failure or their forensics team can't find something. In austrailia Samsung had to recall 150,000 washing machines due to them catching fire. I believe is came to a facebook group crowdfunding money to get an outside forensic expert to find out... or expose... how the fires started that got the govt involved to force the recall.

maybe could be some sub-standard material used in the phone to save a few pennies and would be an embarrassment if found it. Don't think we'll be told at this point.

Samsung’s Note 7 Debacle Recalls Washing-Machine Fires in Australia - WSJ

Returned mine. I don't think there is a conspiracy. Samsung wouldn't just cancel a product without evidence of truth behind it. Losing billions isn't their goal.

Last edited:

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Nobody gave them time to get any evidence, they had to stop. I believe Note 7 do have some issue, but it might have been blown up much bigger than it really was.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
They don't have a choice. Airlines are banning the phone. The conspirators would not have stopped had they not issued the recall. Not issuing the recall would have been much worse. But the email that I got says it's a voluntary recall.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I still believe there is a conspiracy here. Many people suspect Apple but I am of the mind to suspect Google. Samsung is really getting to big for Google and wants to call to many shots. Samsung has been threatening to move their flagship devices to Tizen like they have done with their smart watches. Samsung has the best smart watch on the market out right now bar none. And with the Gear S3 soon to be released the gap will certainly widened. Huawei has already decided to move their next smart watch to Tizen. Huawei had the best Android Wear watch to date. If Google doesn't loosen it's grip on Android Wear others will follow. Now back to the smartphones. If Samsung moves their flagships to Tizen Google could eventually lose half of phones on Android. I think Samsung has no choice now. They must move quickly before Google and it's CIA partners ruin their brand. If Samsung had made that move earlier many people would not have followed them away from Android but now they have proven they are the top innovators in the smartphone space.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Can you hack a phone to overheat and blow up? Cause that's the only way this theory might work.

Whatever the case, a major threat to the Google Pixel and iPhone 7 was taken out...completely.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I still believe there is a conspiracy here. Many people suspect Apple but I am of the mind to suspect Google. Samsung is really getting to big for Google and wants to call to many shots. Samsung has been threatening to move their flagship devices to Tizen like they have done with their smart watches. Samsung has the best smart watch on the market out right now bar none. And with the Gear S3 soon to be released the gap will certainly widened. Huawei has already decided to move their next smart watch to Tizen. Huawei had the best Android Wear watch to date. If Google doesn't loosen it's grip on Android Wear others will follow. Now back to the smartphones. If Samsung moves their flagships to Tizen Google could eventually lose half of phones on Android. I think Samsung has no choice now. They must move quickly before Google and it's CIA partners ruin their brand. If Samsung had made that move earlier many people would not have followed them away from Android but now they have proven they are the top innovators in the smartphone space.

If this was even remotely possible -- why would Samsung openly ADMIT fault? They admitted they messed up the batteries and knew they did. How would that have anything to do with Google?

1+1 doesn't equal 4.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
If this was even remotely possible -- why would Samsung openly ADMIT fault? They admitted they messed up the batteries and knew they did. How would that have anything to do with Google?

1+1 doesn't equal 4.

Because they're a bunch of buffoons who didn't realized they've been had.

The only way this works is if Samsung believes they are at fault.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Because they're a bunch of buffoons who didn't realized they've been had.

The only way this works is if Samsung believes they are at fault.

Yeah -- definitely don't agree with that. A company isn't just going to admit fault and take billions in loss on a whim.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah -- definitely don't agree with that. A company isn't just going to admit fault and take billions in loss on a whim.

There's no whim though. Their phones were blowing up. Unless they can prove an outside cause immediately, they are forced to take responsibility.

Keep in mind I'm playing devil's advocate. I don't necessarily believe it. But it's an interesting theory that won't go away.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There's no whim though. Their phones were blowing up. Unless they can prove an outside cause immediately, they are forced to take responsibility.

Keep in mind I'm playing devil's advocate. I don't necessarily believe it. But it's an interesting theory that won't go away.

Def. disagree.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Can you hack a phone to overheat and blow up? Cause that's the only way this theory might work.

Whatever the case, a major threat to the Google Pixel and iPhone 7 was taken out...completely.
No that's not true. I believe that those who reported the fires were also In on the conspiracy. Too many people you say? No the stakes are very high for Google and possibly even the United States. This may very well be a battle for business hegemony. Check out the video on YouTube called how big is Samsung.

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

1+1 doesn't equal 4.
Samsung has said they have not found the problem. I think it would look bad on Samsung's part to let this thing keep going. The best way to handle it is get it out of the news as quickly as possible.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
No that's not true. I believe that those who reported the fires were also In on the conspiracy. Too many people you say? No the stakes are very high for Google and possibly even the United States. This may very well be a battle for business hegemony. Check out the video on YouTube called how big is Samsung.

It is ironic that all of this happens the year of the Pixel. And the Note that went off on the airplane had about a 1 in 1 million chance of happening right at that moment.

Meanwhile, not a single defiant Note owner who has refused to give back their Note has had a problem.

cperrry1

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents. Samsung is a big boy. Even though, for me they make the most incredible devices, this is their fault, like it or not. They will recover, and they will be fine. Its not a conspiracy, the F'd up with a device that could have set the tone for not just the Note series, but all future phones. The thing I find with Android is people complain about the smallest things, but with that fruit company, their issues are protected by all means. I work in retail, and when I have a customer mention the Note 7, I have them do a google search on exploding phones. Their mouths fall open because their beloved fruit phone is among those listed. Do you think they go tell their friends? Probably not. Its like someone that purchases a 120 thousand dollar car, that keeps cuting off, dashboard lights flicker. You think their gonna talk bad about that car. Probably not. Thats how the Fruit community as well as the media is, protect the baby by all means necessary. So Samsung cannot make thesed kinds of mistakes, they just cant.

As crazy as it sounds, Ive saw better pics of the Note 7 in these reports of explosions then I did when it was released. Check for yourself, anything from the fruit company, the way they post the pics would make anyone want to buy it. Now look at Android devices, they way they are pictured. Most time the sexinest is not there. I find this with what they call the best sites for tech.

Samsung has, and always be the underdog, and thats fine with me. As long as they continue to push the envelope im good. If they ever become like the fruit company, its time to move on.

My 2 cents

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has said they have not found the problem.

Actually they admitted it.

Source: Samsung Explains What Went Wrong With the Galaxy Note 7 Battery

Based on our investigation, we learned that there was an issue with the battery cell. An overheating of the battery cell occurred when the anode-to-cathode came into contact which is a very rare manufacturing process error. We are working with multiple suppliers to ensure that a rigorous inspection process is conducted to ensure the quality of our replacement units and we do not anticipate any further battery issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante