Might sound crazy but do you think there was some campaign against Samsung and the N7

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
And yet...they continued to have issues.

So their explanation was either BS, or they didn't even bother to fix the issue.
Just my 2 cents, that explanation is correct. The mistake was that they took the existing phones and tried to segregate the good from the bad (as evidenced by folks getting replacement phones with double labels). Is was those reused phones that are still malfunctioning
If this was even remotely possible -- why would Samsung openly ADMIT fault? They admitted they messed up the batteries and knew they did. How would that have anything to do with Google?

1+1 doesn't equal 4.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
By Google? Come on.

I didn't say that. No major company would be dumb enough to do it themselves. A government or an online movement would be far more likely.

Difficult to prove however, and Samsung has already thrown in the towel anyway.

I'm just saying it's possible. Just ask Sony.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No I agree it's possible for any company can be a victim... just question from who.

I didn't say that. No major company would be dumb enough to do it themselves. A government, an online movement would be far more likely.

Difficult to prove however, and Samsung has already thrown in the towel anyway.

I'm just saying it's possible. Just ask Sony.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
maybe could be some sub-standard material used in the phone to save a few pennies and would be an embarrassment if found it. Don't think we'll be told at this point.

Out of all the speculations and theories I've read in this thread so far.....I liked donm527's best!

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Look I could certainly be wrong about all of this. I don't think so though but it's possible. The just question everything. I've seen too many conspiracies pan out. The purpose for me find a forum thread to pitch my theory is to see if there are other people thinking the same thing. I'd like to see some of the major channels try to knock down my theory. No one here has done so to my satisfaction. Rooted in my theory is that the CIA/ NSA has been heavily invested and Guiding major U.S. tech companies. The pattern had been that everyone would follow after the U.S. companies but if a foreign company decided that go there own way it becomes a big problem. Especially for a company as huge as Samsung.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well something on Google's own app could explain thermal runaway. I mean it's not far fetched with all these phones that came out around the same time. All it takes is one app to run the cpu through the roof and boom.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I would say claiming absolutely there was one, or was not one is equally off, since we do not know (if did or not, intentional or unintentional).

Just as well, I prefer my Note 4's display and luv the battery option. Ditto for better signal reception and saved $975 counting the return of the N7 and Gear VR. Plus got a free 256GB card :)

I can spin ALL day :)

ateamlawn

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's amazing. Kinda proves my point. People are trying to give all these reasons why we should turn it in but Samsung said it was a voluntary recall. Besides it's hard to give up the best smartphone ever made by far. A recall is a recall so they can't refuse to refund me when the new one comes out unless they make it a mandatory recall and give a cut off date. But risking losing my money is a risk I am willing to take. At this time I don't believe I'm taking any other risks.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon said they won't cut my N7 off. I will just have to pay for it all at once if I keep it. I was told they are having trouble getting people to give them up which includes their own employees that bought them out right. It's starting to look like the people that had issues that are real only wanted out of the N7 so they could get an iPhone 7. So they may have deliberately destroyed the phone to start this process.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
If this was even remotely possible -- why would Samsung openly ADMIT fault? They admitted they messed up the batteries and knew they did. How would that have anything to do with Google?

1+1 doesn't equal 4.

I believe Note 7's battery do have design problem and some phones genuinely caught fire, but the issue might had been blown up much bigger than it really was such that it did not give Samsung chance to investigate and confirm the cause, affected batch etc.

It was mentioned there are 90+ reported cases. How many phones out of these reported cases are returned for investigation. I can similarly puncture my phone battery, let it catch fire and just post some pics online. It will be reported by all the media within hours and none of them will bother to find out if it's real.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I believe Note 7's battery do have design problem and some phones genuinely caught fire, but the issue might had been blown up much bigger than it really was such that it did not give Samsung chance to investigate and confirm the cause, affected batch etc.

It was mentioned there are 90+ reported cases. How many phones out of these reported cases are returned for investigation. I can similarly puncture my phone battery, let it catch fire and just post some pics online. It will be reported by all the media within hours and none of them will bother to find out if it's real.

Out of those 90 cases, I think I read around 30 were already proven fraudulent. Example: 6 year old boy whose grandparents claimed was burned. Turned out the phone they were using wasn't a Note 7 at all. So it's easy to see that even more of the reports are probably fake. Can't believe Samsung was forced to this position, with virtually no proof of what actually was happening in many of these cases. I'm glad I got my first and my replacement quickly, because I'm still using a Note 7 right now. I'm thinking more and more there's something fishy behind all this.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Out of those 90 cases, I think I read around 30 were already proven fraudulent. Example: 6 year old boy whose grandparents claimed was burned. Turned out the phone they were using wasn't a Note 7 at all. So it's easy to see that even more of the reports are probably fake. Can't believe Samsung was forced to this position, with virtually no proof of what actually was happening in many of these cases. I'm glad I got my first and my replacement quickly, because I'm still using a Note 7 right now. I'm thinking more and more there's something fishy behind all this.

The worrying thing is this (false reports) can simply continue to their new phone with Samsung unable to do anything about it.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Returned mine. I don't think there is a conspiracy. Samsung wouldn't just cancel a product without evidence of truth behind it. Losing billions isn't their goal.
They made a good business decision to throw in the towel once they notice there was false claims and so called victims wouldnt give Samsung their supposedly burnt phones to be examined, It actually cost them less to cancel the Note 7. But the Note will be back.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
Were Samsung actually on the grassy knoll? Unfortunately when BIG $$$ are involved anything is possible and I believe Samsung were shafted. By whom? Somebody standing to gain BIG $$$. It happens in politics (here in Australia for example) and it happens in big business. So which companies are making gains at the expense of a fantastic Note 7? We all know the answer to that.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Considering there are those out there, excuse the pun, with enough money to burn, they post YouTube videos of 'Drop Tests' and 'Scratch Tests' on all these newly released devices, intentionally to see them destroyed.

The Phone Company

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
And on this Note I have decided to keep my Note 4, will NOT, EVER, be duped into getting a stupid Pixie, V20, or even the one I was considering, the S7 Edge.
Had I been lucky enough to have received my pre-ordered Note 7 this is the Phone I would be using today. I envy those who have theirs.