Anyone got a free phone out of this fiasco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ugh so jealous!
Why are you "So jealous!" Shanda - all hou33guy's done is received a full refund and brought a potential "ticking fire bomb" back into his home! Just my opinion of course but also a "very popular" opinion or we would ALL still have our Note 7's, now wouldn't we? :)

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
When you ship back the phone, are they then sending you a check? I bought my N7 outright.
This is what they told me over the phone but I'd rather they refund my card because I paid $10 more than they stated the refund would be for and I'm still confused on who reimburses me how on the state taxes. Also I'm not happy about receiving a check which is yet one more thing I have to deal with on my time. Just refund my darn credit card the amount it was charged!

I bought pre-order through Verizon, not Samsung.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Why are you "So jealous!" Shanda - all hou33guy's done is received a full refund and brought a potential "ticking fire bomb" back into his home! Just my opinion of course but also a "very popular" opinion or we would ALL still have our Note 7's, now wouldn't we? :)
Because I plan on keeping my Note 7 regardless if it's a "ticking time bomb" and it would be nice if I didn't have to pay for it 😉

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Because I plan on keeping my Note 7 regardless if it's a "ticking time bomb" and it would be nice if I didn't have to pay for it ������
I don't know kid... the Note 7, in my opinion, is both the BEST phone I have ever owned and the BEST phone Samsung has ever built, but I turned mine in as soon as I knew that the Replacement units were starting to have a similar problem AND that Samsung had decided they were going to TRASH the entire project. What good is a device with NO SUPPORT? I am seriously pissed and I told Samsung so - but keeping it is a very questionable decision to me. Your choice however... just keep it somewhere like a kitchen counter top at night away from flammable stuff. That's what I was doing just before I turned it in - we have an island in the kitchen with Formica countertop and stainless steel range top. I was just leaving it there at night. Good Luck... I ordered a Pixel XL - should have it end of November.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't know kid... the Note 7, in my opinion, is both the BEST phone I have ever owned and the BEST phone Samsung has ever built, but I turned mine in as soon as I knew that the Replacement units were starting to have a similar problem AND that Samsung had decided they were going to TRASH the entire project. What good is a device with NO SUPPORT? I am seriously pissed and I told Samsung so - but keeping it is a very questionable decision to me. Your choice however... just keep it somewhere like a kitchen counter top at night away from flammable stuff. That's what I was doing just before I turned it in - we have an island in the kitchen with Formica countertop and stainless steel range top. I was just leaving it there at night. Good Luck... I ordered a Pixel XL - should have it end of November.
Ya I'm watching the situation seeing if they decide to remotely brick it, I'm hoping they don't do that but I'm sure it's coming. I am being cautious as I can be with it, I use the GSams battery monitoring app to watch the battery temp, I don't charge unattended, and I've disabled system updates. I'm also keeping it away from anything flammable. So we'll see what happens but I have my Note 5 as a backup. I just love this phone...I don't want to give it up, I'm honestly on it during most of my free time and none of the current or upcoming phones peak my interest 😔.

I'm kind of on the fence whether I believe there is a serious issue with the 2nd version of the phone. The reason I say that is because there are so many mixed reports out there and social media as well as the media in general have a way of blowing things out of proportion. Plus as others have posted it is interesting that there haven't been any more reports of the phones catching fire since they stopped selling/ended production. I feel like Samsung was under a lot of pressure from consumers/CSPC and not being able to determine the cause they felt like they had no other option than to cut their losses in fear of further damage to their brand. But who knows I could be wrong... Hopefully they will release a report on their findings soon 🙁

Boombang

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
someone I know, The company simply assumed they had already returned it, so he gets to keep the note 7. as well as use his new upgrade iPhone 7 plus

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm watching the situation seeing if they decide to remotely brick it, I'm hoping they don't do that but I'm sure it's coming. I am being cautious as I can be with it, I use the GSams battery monitoring app to watch the battery temp, I don't charge unattended, and I've disabled system updates. I'm also keeping it away from anything flammable. So we'll see what happens but I have my Note 5 as a backup. I just love this phone...I don't want to give it up, I'm honestly on it during most of my free time and none of the current or upcoming phones peak my interest ??????.

I'm kind of on the fence whether I believe there is a serious issue with the 2nd version of the phone. The reason I say that is because there are so many mixed reports out there and social media as well as the media in general have a way of blowing things out of proportion. Plus as others have posted it is interesting that there haven't been any more reports of the phones catching fire since they stopped selling/ended production. I feel like Samsung was under a lot of pressure from consumers/CSPC and not being able to determine the cause they felt like they had no other option than to cut their losses in fear of further damage to their brand. But who knows I could be wrong... Hopefully they will release a report on their findings soon ??????
You know, you're right - I haven't heard a thing in the News in probably a week or more and there are still a ton of phones still out there! I would love to hear the outcome from Samsung also... I jokingly say, the whole reason for the problem is because they skipped the number "6" and went to "7". It should have been the Note 6, right? Don't mess with what's working! ;-)

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me in Mexico yesterday. The Mexican airport police actually came on to my flight, made me get off in front of everyone and they told me I would miss my flight due to my phone. I asked him why I couldn't just throw it away and he said they didn't want it at the airport. I finally convinced him to just let me throw it away, so they brought me a trashcan where they watched me throw it in. T-Mobile said they will erase the balance on my phone. Still this was extremely embarrassing and frustrating, and now I have no phone. This was during my honeymoon too which made it all the more annoying.
Well, it looks like your phone is on a permanent Honeymoon lol

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought through Verizon and paid $299 for 2 year upgrade... They still have not refunded my Account nor sent me a box to return phone

Still using it until note 5 reimplement comes in

Kevykev5150

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I got a S7 egde for free. For the first note 7 returned it for the S7 edge. Then got my replacement note 7 I never sent back the S7 edge. So when it got recalled again I went to buy the pixel XL showed that my note was paid off asked of i wanted to trsde in a previous phone for a credit. Know I didn't have a phone to trade I clicked on it to see what phone and I showed the S7 edge was paid off and they were offering me $350 for the S7edge. Then I activated the S7 edge to use since I got it for free checked my account still shows it's paid off.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I got a S7 egde for free. For the first note 7 returned it for the S7 edge. Then got my replacement note 7 I never sent back the S7 edge. So when it got recalled again I went to buy the pixel XL showed that my note was paid off asked of i wanted to trsde in a previous phone for a credit. Know I didn't have a phone to trade I clicked on it to see what phone and I showed the S7 edge was paid off and they were offering me $350 for the S7edge. Then I activated the S7 edge to use since I got it for free checked my account still shows it's paid off.

Karma...............

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

The website and billing is all screwed up and will be for a month or two. I got an S7 loaner while waiting for my replacement Note 7 which took about 2 weeks, website still showed my Note 7 but monthly payments were about half the price so they were charging me for the S7. I traded in my replacement Note 7 and got an S7 edge about two weeks ago and my account shows I have a $960 credit which is not correct, my monthly bill is about $128. My guess is sooner or later it will correct itself.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Keeping the phone is being very irresponsible and just plain stupid. God forbid something happened. No recourse.
Be an adult and act in a responsible manner.
Shanda.... It's not worth it.

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Keeping the phone is being very irresponsible and just plain stupid. God forbid something happened. No recourse.
Be an adult and act in a responsible manner.
Shanda.... It's not worth it.
Give me a break, I'm well aware of the risks involved but I have had few issues with this phone and I don't need you or anyone else trying to tell me what to do. It is with me at all times and never left charging unattended. I'm getting really sick and tired of you moral police trying to guilt trip everyone who decides to keep using their Note 7, myself included.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely got a free phone. And after the aggravation I've had with Sprint - at least 10 hours on hold or waiting in stores I certainly deserve it. I don't feel bad. I won't go into the details of my call, but the reader's digest version is this:

Receive Note 7 on release day.
Wait in Sprint Store for replacement Note 7.
Receive replacement Note 7.
Hear of 2nd recall. Talk with Sprint. Clueless.
Order iPhone 7+ online once Sprint has them in stock. Fight with sprint to send them to me, a 17 year customer, to replace the Note with the understanding I will return the note once I get the iPhone. I win. Get iPhone at a reduced 2-year agreement price.
Get iPhone. Don't open it. Read reviews of iPhone from many former Note users. Realize I can't go over to iOS.
Attempt to return iPhone. Talk to online support, can be returned at sprint store. Make appointment at sprint store.
Wait 1.5 hours AFTER my appointment time at Sprint Store to be told that I have to return phone via mail.
Sell phone on eBay for more than twice what I paid for it - after fees, $500+ profit. I have to call Sprint to tell them I'm transferring the phone to someone else and take it off my account.
I paid $400 less two $25 credits and a $50 gift card for the Note (plus a free Gear Fit). So, when it's all said and done, I've come out with a free Note 7 and $200. If I return the Note, I should get a $400 credit.

I am keeping my Note until I have to give it up. The phone is safe. I love it.

Here's the kicker - I just checked my account. The upgrade I used on the iPhone -- is gone. I am eligible to purchase another phone at a 2 year contract. Technically, I can buy another iPhone 7+ and do it again, making another $500. :)

I've gone through a ton of aggravation. I don't feel bad.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I actually made out by this fiasco. When I returned my first note 7 the price was refunded to my account. I "purchsed" my replacement note7 but it was never charged to my account.

After the 2nd recall i exchanged it for an S7 Edge. I looked at my account and noticed the 2nd note7 was also credited to my account. Instead of just doing a swap for the first exchange they actually refunded and never charged me for the replacement.

I actually made close to $1000 off this whole fiasco and I have an unlocked S7 Edge that i can sell when the note8 is announced!

Allure2323

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Heh... kinda funny, not even 15min after I typed that, the Fed ex guy showed up with the return box.

I'm still gonna wait another week before I ship it back tho...
I wouldn't. I was told we have limited time to return the phone before we are charged for the phone. Plus, why would you want to keep a dangerous device any longer? o_O

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe this thread is done. We have many other topics talking about the Note 7 return/not return scenario. Please use those.

Also to you who are insulting people / trolling. Please don't. This won't be tolerated. As to the people who this is directed at please use the report button instead of responding -- you're just adding fuel to the fire. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey