10-30-2016 08:03 PM
84 1234
tools
    Just saying...Though there is no proof, it is possible that sasmung may roll out an upgrade promo for s7 edge users or former note 7 users.
    Doubt it. They would of done it by now.
    10-21-2016 03:52 PM
    Doubt it. They would of done it by now.

S8 isn't out yet...

Should have said when the S8 comes out. Apple does something very similar.
    10-21-2016 04:09 PM
    OK, I just called Verizon. Like you, trading in a GN7. I've ordered a Pixel XL 128GB.
    They told me I had to pay off 50% of the phone before I can upgrade.
    I'm not quite sure I understand what's going on with your account? Is it just the S7Edge? How can it be that different for different phones? I'd try calling a different corporate office... hope this helps you somehow, but at least you know it's not for all phones.
    10-21-2016 05:44 PM
    Good ol Verizon. I can see why their net customer adds dropped by half a million from this time last yet.
    10-21-2016 06:13 PM
    I did not know this program ended, first paying off 50% of the phone. I had gotten used of the idea of being able to off 50% of the phone.
    10-21-2016 07:29 PM
    guys there wont be a note 8 the only phone samsung may do next year is the samsung S8 and thats is the note taking phone are done
    10-21-2016 09:34 PM
    S8 isn't out yet...

Should have said when the S8 comes out. Apple does something very similar.
    O OK, I thought you meant an upgrade program for people with a note7 to the s7 edge. I hope Samsung would give note7 owners some kind of deal for the s8 or note.
    Laura Crusader likes this.
    10-21-2016 11:40 PM
    guys there wont be a note 8 the only phone samsung may do next year is the samsung S8 and thats is the note taking phone are done
    There's no proof of that anywhere. Theres a rumor that states Samsung is going to make only one family. S8 and the other one being a phablet with an s pen. They aren't just going to make one phone. There's two different crowds Samsung has to cater to and that's people who like smaller phones and people that like larger phones. The only thing Samsung will ditch is the note name.
    Laura Crusader and jlost like this.
    10-21-2016 11:45 PM
    OK, I just called Verizon. Like you, trading in a GN7. I've ordered a Pixel XL 128GB.
    They told me I had to pay off 50% of the phone before I can upgrade.
    I'm not quite sure I understand what's going on with your account? Is it just the S7Edge? How can it be that different for different phones? I'd try calling a different corporate office... hope this helps you somehow, but at least you know it's not for all phones.
    Unless you have one of the old plans that supports that, they lied to you. Like was said earlier, it's only the iPhone 7 that's eligible for the annual upgrade plan.
    10-22-2016 12:33 AM
    Unless you have one of the old plans that supports that, they lied to you. Like was said earlier, it's only the iPhone 7 that's eligible for the annual upgrade plan.
    I've only been with them for 10 years, so I don't know...
    10-22-2016 08:31 AM
    Samsung to Exchange Galaxy Note 7 with New Galaxy S8
    Viscomi4444 and wdfrancis58 like this.
    10-22-2016 09:04 AM
    Yeah I've been with them for like 9. I gave up my grandfathered plans when I bought the note 7. I'm on the new Verizon plan now and it doesn't have that. You should look into what plan you have to make sure you don't get stuck.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    10-22-2016 09:36 AM
    I wish I knew if Verizon would accept this as well. I'm just under my 14 day trial period for my blackberry PRIV and would switch to an s7 edge if this is true. I also wished it was more specific. It says we can exchange for the s8 but what about the note?
    10-22-2016 12:22 PM
    If this is true, I'll get a S7E and then move right to the S8.

And if it's true, Samsung messed up again by waiting way to long to announce this as tons of N7 owners already ordered or have received a new phone already...
    Viscomi4444 and jackash0912 like this.
    10-22-2016 12:38 PM
    Looks like it is not true. I chatted with Samsung this morning:
    Samsung: that is not true, as the exchange done with carriers, if carrier offer any future device with S7 Edge you can check with them. But there is no such update from Samsung regarding S7 Edge to any future Phone.
    keepnitreel likes this.
    10-22-2016 01:17 PM
    Looks like it is not true. I chatted with Samsung this morning:
    Samsung: that is not true, as the exchange done with carriers, if carrier offer any future device with S7 Edge you can check with them. But there is no such update from Samsung regarding S7 Edge to any future Phone.
    I had a feeling it's not true but at the same time you can't trust reps anywhere. The rep will say one thing and then the opposite will be true two days later.
    10-22-2016 01:46 PM
    As Verizon has done all year, they will continue to have their trade in promotion where you can trade in your phone for money off the next phone. Usually this means the previous years model you can get $300 credit (or $200 for 2 year prior flagship model). For those who got the s7 edge recently, this means we'll need to pay off the s7 Edge 100% but can turn around trade in again for $300 (granted we'll need to pay more than $300 to payoff the phone). Kinda sucks for those of us who just got the s7 edge (not necessarily a problem for those who've had the s7 edge since March). We'd probably get more if we sell the phone separately and not trade in.

Separately, SamMobile posted a rumor that Samsung may compensate Note 7 owners even more with savings on the 2017 phones.
    New compensation program reportedly being prepared for Galaxy Note 7 customers - SamMobile
    10-22-2016 01:46 PM
    It's only for the iPhone 7. I have known about this since the 2nd recall. Verizon pulled the program for any other phone right before the recall.

Regardless i'm sure samsung will give previous note 7 owners a chance to get the S8 if we provide proof that we had the note 7 and exchanged it for the s7 or s7 edge.

For now, we get $100 from carriers (around 3 months payment) + 4 months until Feb 2017, which means we would need to pay $561 to pay off the s7 edge.
    10-22-2016 03:20 PM
    It's only for the iPhone 7. I have known about this since the 2nd recall. Verizon pulled the program for any other phone right before the recall.

Regardless i'm sure samsung will give previous note 7 owners a chance to get the S8 if we provide proof that we had the note 7 and exchanged it for the s7 or s7 edge.

For now, we get $100 from carriers (around 3 months payment) + 4 months until Feb 2017, which means we would need to pay $561 to pay off the s7 edge.
    So, I ordered a Pixel XL from a (not really) Verizon store. I'm currently, technically, off-contract. When the Pixel XL comes in, I want to get back on the device payment plan, I'll pay off about half up front. So, when I call Verizon and they tell me that I'll only have to pay off 50% to be eligible to upgrade, how do I verify whether they're mistaken ("lying" might be too strong a word...) or correct?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
    10-22-2016 03:42 PM
    Yes that why I went with the Pixel XL. If I am going to be stuck for 2 years. I rather have a new phone. I did not want a Note 5 which is already a year old Technology and have it for a two year contract.
    pauldroidr2d2 likes this.
    10-22-2016 04:01 PM
    So, I ordered a Pixel XL from a (not really) Verizon store. I'm currently, technically, off-contract. When the Pixel XL comes in, I want to get back on the device payment plan, I'll pay off about half up front. So, when I call Verizon and they tell me that I'll only have to pay off 50% to be eligible to upgrade, how do I verify whether they're mistaken ("lying" might be too strong a word...) or correct?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
    I'm confused what you are asking?

The answer is simple and sucks. But there is no 1yr upgrade for any phone besides iphone with verizon right now, even if you did not buy from verizon directly. There will always be trade in offers.

We can only hope samsung can give us a promo for note 7 users who switched to s7 or s7 edge. I doubt it will work for those who went from note 7 to another phone as you left samsung.

If you pay half up front now, then you will still have to pay off the other half if you want to upgrade. Atleast thats how it seems but it would be best to talk to them directly.
    10-22-2016 04:46 PM
    I'm confused what you are asking?

The answer is simple and sucks. But there is no 1yr upgrade for any phone besides iphone with verizon right now, even if you did not buy from verizon directly. There will always be trade in offers.

We can only hope samsung can give us a promo for note 7 users who switched to s7 or s7 edge. I doubt it will work for those who went from note 7 to another phone as you left samsung.

If you pay half up front now, then you will still have to pay off the other half if you want to upgrade. Atleast thats how it seems but it would be best to talk to them directly.
    But that's what I'm saying... when I read this post, I called Verizon. They said I only have to pay off 50% of the Pixel XL moving forward in order to upgrade to something newer after that for my next phone.

You're saying they're either mistaken (or worse... lying) and that I have to pay off 100%. Sort of defeats the purpose of Edging up. I might as well stay off-contract and bring them a phone to activate.
    10-22-2016 05:04 PM
    But that's what I'm saying... when I read this post, I called Verizon. They said I only have to pay off 50% of the Pixel XL moving forward in order to upgrade. You're saying they're either mistaken (or worse... lying)
    You'll find out if it's true or not once you activate the Pixel to your account.
    10-22-2016 05:15 PM
    You'll find out if it's true or not once you activate the Pixel to your account.
    I hear you... I appreciate all the heads up! I'm going to try and get something in writing first.
    10-22-2016 05:37 PM
    You were all right! They "misinformed" me the first time I called. Call 1, they said 50%. Chat session followup, they said 100%. Then, Call 2, they told me that yes, I would have to pay 100% of my new Pixel XL before upgrading again. For sure.

I told them that they just removed any incentive for ordering through them, as 1.) a phone with a locked bootloader might not hold its resale value as well, and 2.) I don't need to be locked into any type of a contract if I can bring a phone to them.

I let them know that since this was different from the Note 4 that I'd had on my last device payment plan, they should have TOLD me about this significant change... oh, well - heading to the back of the line.

I could have left the order stand and paid in full when it arrived, but for what? If I can't trade up at 50%, why buy the phone with the locked bootloader that will likely not hold its resale value. And... the whole thing just irritated me.

I so appreciate the OP and everyone here!
    10-22-2016 06:35 PM
84 1234