For those of you who haven't been able to return your Note 7 yet, you can still use it. I received my free Gear VR via FedEx today. I thought I would give a try and it works. I tried to dock it a first, but the safety message popped up. So I held it in place while watching You tube VR videos and it works. You can slide the top of the phone into the left clip and just hold down the bottom of the phone flush against the lenses!! The Journey through Space video had me ducking the Asteroids!! Tomorrow I will have a S7 Edge as my store has some available just had to wait on payday as you have to pay the taxes, Sprint!!
    10-19-2016 06:26 PM
    U can use it with the cardboard app too, and if you buy cb enabler for gear vr from play store ( I think it was $1) you can plug the n7 into the vr, and still use the touch pad, and back button.

Disclaimer....

Hey stupid, these devices are known to spontaneously combust, do you really wanna have one strapped to your face?
    10-19-2016 07:24 PM
    U can use it with the cardboard app too, and if you buy cb enabler for gear vr from play store ( I think it was $1) you can plug the n7 into the vr, and still use the touch pad, and back button.

Disclaimer....

Hey stupid, these devices are known to spontaneously combust, do you really wanna have one strapped to your face?
    While I do believe there are a lot of lies surrounding this who Note 7 fiasco I would NOT risk using Gear VR. My Note 4 would get insanely hot it would give out an overheating Notification when using the Gear VR Innovator Edition on the Note 4.

By all means keep using your Note 7, just, excuse the pun, don't play with fire.
    10-20-2016 07:46 AM
    While I do believe there are a lot of lies surrounding this who Note 7 fiasco I would NOT risk using Gear VR. My Note 4 would get insanely hot it would give out an overheating Notification when using the Gear VR Innovator Edition on the Note 4.

By all means keep using your Note 7, just, excuse the pun, don't play with fire.
    N7 runs cooler than the S7edge when using the VR...... And I would expect that an outdated N4 would get extremely hot.
    10-20-2016 08:45 AM
    I am neither mole, nor Apple fanboy or whatever. I promise you I have had Samsung Galaxy S2, Note 2 and now Note 4 and I WISH I had the Note 7.
    But I do not lie when I say that my Note 4 would get such a Notification when using the Gear VR Innovator Edition running Occulus software.
    Please, trust me on this!
    10-20-2016 08:57 AM
    My n7 got warm while running vr, but never hot... this s7e gets HOT, and I get the cool down notifications after 20 min of use.
    10-20-2016 08:59 AM
    OK maybe I read your post wrong. Dude, this was not outdated at the time, this was 2 years ago when the Note 4 was a new release. It is notorious that VR and these phones run them hot. Are you trying to encourage people to use the Gear VR with the Note 7 in order for them to overheat and then you WILL have a real life situation of burning/exploding that can be used as a case of "see, we told you!"

DO keep hold of your Note 7.
    DO NOT use it with Gear VR.
    10-20-2016 09:00 AM
    OK maybe I read your post wrong. Dude, this was not outdated at the time, this was 2 years ago when the Note 4 was a new release. It is notorious that VR and these phones run them hot. Are you trying to encourage people to use the Gear VR with the Note 7 in order for them to overheat and then you WILL have a real life situation of burning/exploding that can be used as a case of "see, we told you!"

DO keep hold of your Note 7.
    DO NOT use it with Gear VR.
    Me? No. I left the disclaimer:

Hey stupid, these devices are known to spontaneously combust, do you really wanna strap one to your face?"

Specifically to advise against it.

I'm not suggesting anyone do this, but if one was dead set on making it work (as I was, cuz I'm stupid like that) you can.

We are adults, and capable of making our own decisions, whether they be the right decision or not.

By now, everyone has they info needed to decide if the risk is worth it to them or not.
    10-20-2016 12:44 PM

Disclaimer....

Ok, the N7 was never docked to the VR. I just used the lenses to watch a couple of Virtual Reality You tube videos to see how VR worked!! It did a good job in my opinion with out the software or actually "docking' the phone into the googles!! I appreciate you calling me stupid at the same time looking out for my safety!!
    10-20-2016 02:15 PM
    Great, If you WANT to look like X-Men Cyclops
    10-20-2016 04:20 PM
    Ok, the N7 was never docked to the VR. I just used the lenses to watch a couple of Virtual Reality You tube videos to see how VR worked!! It did a good job in my opinion with out the software or actually "docking' the phone into the googles!! I appreciate you calling me stupid at the same time looking out for my safety!!
    Lol... makes no difference to me if ya use it. It's most likely, never going to be an issue. That being said, there's a possibility there will be fire, and it would be strapped to your face, so you'd have to be stupid like me to use it
    10-20-2016 05:05 PM