I can't bring myself to turn in my note 7 phone, is anyone else thinking of keeping it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting text messages to turn it in but I have been looking forward to getting my 7 for a long time. I am thinking of walking on the wild side and keeping it.

Who is keeping it and what is the worst that can happen? If I keep the phone close by I can put it in the sink if I smell smoke,

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting text messages to turn it in but I have been looking forward to getting my 7 for a long time. I am thinking of walking on the wild side and keeping it.

Who is keeping it and what is the worst that can happen? If I keep the phone close by I can put it in the sink if I smell smoke,
I'm keeping mine.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I love this phone so I wanted to see if anyone was also keeping theirs. I was going to delete my post because there was a similar one but now I think I will un-deleate to see what others are doing

Last edited:

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
It's funny...Im getting the V20 next week and I'm so anxious to get it meanwhile Im using what was previously the best smartphone of 2016, the Note 7 ....I'm not keeping this device I'm already starting to resent it...After a while the carrier's will eventually step in and disable them so your best bet is to start shopping for a alternative

Challenger513

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. Participated in both recalls, however I've had 3 different Note 7's, and no issues whatsoever. I'm an absolute HUGE Apple fan boy, however I've been extremely underwhelmed since they released the iPhone 6. I've gotten to the point where I'll only use iOS if a jailbreak is available. I currently have an iPhone 7, an S7 Edge, and actually drove two hours to buy a replacement Note 7 today. It's a T-Mobile unlocked model (I use AT&T), and I love that it came with the original Samsung Note 7 BLACK BOX (Not the AT&T box lol). I just regretted returning it, so I had to buy a new one. Do I believe there are faulty devices? Definitely! Do I feel that this was blown outta proportion by media coverage? Hell yes! Either way, I have the best (current) device and I intend on using it. I think to myself, "If it weren't for social media, I bet this phone would still be for sale, and thriving." I'm sure we'll get more details as the days go on.

Anyway, YES, I intend on keeping mine and using it until they release the S8, or something even better. I have my backups just in case I need to travel. I've been absolutely tired of the back and forth, trying to decide if I'm going to keep it or not. I've done my research, gathered my own opinion, and I made my decision. I'm happy, and that's all that matters. It's hands down the best device I've ever used.

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Keeping mine at least until Samsung determines the actual cause of some N7's catching fire, regardless of it being crippled or not. I paid for it and I choose to keep it for the time being. If a real defect is said to exist with the N7 and cannot be found by Samsung, then what? I am happy to see many others not be sheeple and quick to blindly follow the media or some bureaucrats in the government (CPSC) who rubber stamped both recalls and said replacement N7's were safe without any hard evidence of the root cause of any N7 fires and if the problem actually was corrected. Typical useless government agency trying to look important when they are not.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Keeping mine at least until Samsung determines the actual cause of some N7's catching fire, regardless of it being crippled or not. I paid for it and I choose to keep it for the time being. If a real defect is said to exist with the N7 and cannot be found by Samsung, then what? I am happy to see many others not be sheeple and quick to blindly follow the media or some bureaucrats in the government (CPSC) who rubber stamped both recalls and said replacement N7's were safe without any hard evidence of the root cause of any N7 fires and if the problem actually was corrected. Typical useless government agency trying to look important when they are not.
I don't think Samsung will come out and let us know what they find....they have no reason to cause the device is recalled and they already cancelled production..They wouldn't kick up dust weeks later explaining what was wrong only making themselves look even worst...I can see if this was a voluntary recall then they would have a obligation to inform the people that still have the device but no one should have the device by the time they come to that conclusion

TomOfTx

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't think Samsung will come out and let us know what they find....they have no reason to cause the device is recalled and they already cancelled production..They wouldn't kick up dust weeks later explaining what was wrong only making themselves look even worst...I can see if this was a voluntary recall then they would have a obligation to inform the people that still have the device but no one should have the device by the time they come to that conclusion

Samsung has said they will find the cause and report it. If they do not, do you expect anyone will have any faith in the safety of future devices they sell? The media nazis here in the USA will be sure to keep reminding consumers about the N7 when the next flagship device goes on sale if the cause of the N7 fires was not proven to have been corrected on new devices. Time will tell. I just know that absent a determination of the cause of the N7 fires, if actually a real defect existed, will make me less likely to buy Samsung devices in the future.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

According to the email Samsung sent me, this is a voluntary recall.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Why haven't they already disabled the phone is my question to all of you who think they will?
It's still early. They want to give everyone an opportunity to return them first. They can't expect everyone to return them within a couple of weeks and be without a phone. I think once a couple more weeks go by, they will set a deadline. It's a great phone, but not worth the hassle or risk at this point to try and prove a point.

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
They're already starting to disable some features from what i read in different threads. Even brick it possibly.

Of course, i believe it depends on location: Im with Verizon & my 7 still works (waiting on a box) Another user posted yesterday about the 7 asking why his screen went dark w/ just a Verizon logo & 4 blinking dots at the bottom & the phone was unresponsive to the home button. He was unaware about the recall we assume. We haven't heard back from him. Yet.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm still waiting for Verizon return box. My s7e is waiting..ready for the SIM card. It will NOT get that SIM card until I'm ready to ship back my note. I love this Damn phone as much as the ORIGINAL Motorola droid if not more

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If they do not, do you expect anyone will have any faith in the safety of future devices they sell?

What are you talking about? There are people who are already saying they'll buy the S8 and whatever the followup to the Note is. There are people who are claiming this is sabotage. There are people who won't even let go of their Note 7. These people haven't lost faith in Samsung.

There's a lot of blind Samsung worship that's just as bad as people claim the Apple crowd to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781