Yet another iPhone 7 going up into flames.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
"no reason to panic just yet" why because it's an Apple product and they're the last people who's reputation they want to bash? The Note was bashed after 5 devices were reported catching fire out of a few million. Sigh

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I showed a few iPhone friends and they were like well the note still has more issues, but none of them would admit they were bashing the note from the first publish incident. No phone is perfect and this highlights that although I wish phones over heating/caught in fire were a thing of the past so that we can all enjoy the phones we prefer the way they were meant to be enjoyed. Phone safety should be the least of our concern.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is not a dig on Apple, since Samsung should do the same thing- good business.

Apple has so many business, government and media ties they can help control the narrative of events. Things would have to really get messed up for Apple to be called out. Not disagreeing with this either, since it helps prevent hysteria BS from getting out of control. Please keep in mind Samsung stated the issue was due to battery production, but they still can not replicate the issue themselves. Since they can not replicate it themselves, they obviously reacted based on pressure from their legal council and the media induced frenzy that then went to government pressure.

Apple would influence the tempering of the hysteria. Again, Samsung STILL can not replicate the problem themselves, so any action so far is NOT based on them verifying themselves through testing. That is nuts. Ten billion in revenue and 3.1 billion in profits. Gone. That is just the Note 7 and does not count going forward.

Apple builds relationships and it pays off. They are also not managed in silos like Samsung tends to be.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Uhhh really, one case compared to Samsung 100 cases. And this one is still under investigation. Until there are many having an issue I wouldn't worry. Batteries blow all the time.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Uhhh really, one case compared to Samsung 100 cases. And this one is still under investigation. Until there are many having an issue I wouldn't worry. Batteries blow all the time.
It's not just one case, though. There have been a number of reported fires with the 7, 6s and the 6. In fact, a 6 almost took down a plane earlier this year.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Its too bad the stigma is out there now with Samsung, no matter how many times you post this article on the blogs to other Apple owners.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Its too bad the stigma is out there now with Samsung, no matter how many times you post this article on the blogs to other Apple owners.
That's the sad reality. People are going to forever think of the note 7 as being the first phone to explode as if phones haven't been catching fire for years. That hasn't scared me away from Samsung though because as research shows other manufacturers have phones that can suffer the same faith. This experience has taught me to be more cautious and aware.

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
When iphone also blows up at the rate note 7 did then it will be legit enough for the Apple lovers to believe the advantage apple has is that they have stores everywhere so damage control is easy as opposed to samsung and their vague instructions