10-23-2016 09:09 PM
30 12
tools
    I was watching videos about it in the middle of the night when it was storming and I couldn't sleep and I decided to check and see if it was going to be avaliable on Verizon. I thought it wasn't even being released until 10/28 but they claim it will be here tomorrow. We shall see. I hope it's half as good as the note.
    Also LG makes a stylo 2 that they're offering for a penny a month with the v20. I don't need 2 phones but I'm curious about the stylus anyway. I didn't know any other phones had one built in. Looked kinda blunt on the end. No fine point.
    Ah well I guess my Note 7 ride is almost over.
    10-20-2016 11:01 AM
    Did they bone you for the upgrade fee?
    10-20-2016 11:36 AM
    If you're "upgrading" to replace the N7 they will reimburse or not charge it at all. It's what happened to me, and when I decided I wanted the 7 Plus over the 6S Plus they didn't charge a restock fee.

As far as my experience with Verizon, they've bent over backwards for me. I've never been more happy with Big Red.

Let us know how you like the V20, OP! I'm not a fan of LG, but I'm curious to see how this one turns out!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    10-20-2016 11:46 AM
    I had been looking at the LG Stylo phones, it looks like they simply took a regular (very thin) stylus and made it a built in feature. No buttons and no real pen specific features that I recall (nothing on the order of the Note products anyway) Still, it is nice to see another OEM adding a built in stylus. If I couldn't have a Note, I would likely be leaning toward one of these (I had been thinking of using one of the Stylo pens with my S7E,)

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    10-20-2016 12:06 PM
    Finally turning my N7 in next week when Best Buy gets them in on the 28th with a $200 gift card plus I believe it comes with a $150 set of headphones from B&O. I will miss water resistance, the s pen, wireless charging but maybe they will at least come out with a removable back plate with wireless charging built in like I bought with my Note 4.
    10-20-2016 12:17 PM
    You back on the 4?
    10-20-2016 12:27 PM
    They did not but then again since it was just released today they were offering to waive the upgrade fee and do overnight shipping anyway. I don't think I got any special treatment for sure. I also had to sign a thing Saying that when I got the box to return my note 7 I would do so or be charged the full price of it.
    10-20-2016 12:28 PM
    I had been looking at the LG Stylo phones, it looks like they simply took a regular (very thin) stylus and made it a built in feature. No buttons and no real pen specific features that I recall (nothing on the order of the Note products anyway) Still, it is nice to see another OEM adding a built in stylus. If I couldn't have a Note, I would likely be leaning toward one of these (I had been thinking of using one of the Stylo pens with my S7E,)

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    I wish the Stylo had the specs of the V20. I prefer the smaller stylo.
    10-20-2016 12:42 PM
    You back on the 4?
    Nah, still cooking (no pun intended) with the N7.
    soldier45 and jordankreationz like this.
    10-20-2016 12:56 PM
    Only thing that really pisses me off is that the edge program is now defunct I guess and so there's no way to upgrade without paying the entire amount of the phone which I thought was the whole purpose of the edge program. So I hope this LG V20 is a good phone because I guess I'll be with it for two years.
    10-20-2016 12:56 PM
    I had pre-ordered the Pixel Xl last week on Verizon to replace my N7. Unfortunately I got a message yesterday that my pre-order got delayed until Nov 18th. With travel coming up I was a bit stuck until I saw the LG V20 was suddenly available.

After thinking about it today I called Verizon tonight. They were able to cancel my Pixel Xl pre-order and ordered me a LG V20. It will apparently arrive Tuesday. I was waived the upgrade fee and got the $25 Samsung credit.

I'm glad I can put the 256gb microsd, that I got as a bonus with the N7, into the V20. I will like fill a good portion of it with FLAC audio files. I'm hoping the V20 works well with my Oppo PM-3s and Shure SE846s, my two go to high quality headphones when I'm on the road.

Of course I'm still disappointed with what all went down with the N7, but at least I should have a pretty fun phone to use with some unique features.
    10-20-2016 06:42 PM
    I'm hoping that I can be semi enamored with it. I don't think I'll ever love it like the N7 and secretly I hope they forget to send me the "bomb box" to return the N7 hazmat in. But I don't have much hope. But I'm marginally excited about this phone. I thought about the pixel but I too didn't want to wait a freaking month to get it though I doubt I'll be traveling. :/
    10-20-2016 06:50 PM
    I got mine yesterday, these were my impressions of it after just 2 hours.

I find the V20 laggier and even though they have the same inside specs, it's a bit slower than my Note 7.
    The Note 7 has a better screen, super bright, the V20 not so much, too dark for my taste, maybe this can be adjusted but I haven't found it.
    Even thought the V20 has QuickCharge 3, I find it charges slower than the Note 7 (I now find it charges faster, but discharges faster as well)
    On screen pages, like facebook, news apps etc seem bigger, take more space, which I don't like. Maybe that can be adjusted too but not there yet. (no scaling options)
    Note 7 has a lot more customization options.
    Even though the V20 and Note 7 are both 5.7 inches, the bottom on screen navigation buttons on the V20 take a lot of space.
    I think I'd prefer the 2nd screen on the V20 to be at the bottom vs the top.
    I miss the always on display on the Note 7.
    I was ok with using Samsungs' Grace UX but with LG, I might need to use my Nova Prime launcher.
    I don't like that only 4 apps are shown on a folder on the V20, vs 9 on the Note 7.
    The V20 is a lot louder than the Note 7 though.
    V20 not water resistant though.
    V20 too big a body, I prefer the Note 7 size.
    V20 doesn't feel premium.

I'm eligible for a JUMP next month so I might get the S7 Edge until the S8 comes out.
    10-20-2016 07:08 PM
    Speaking of S8 have y'all seen the preview video of it? I ran across it while wasting much time in YouTube the other day. It's at about 8:40 in this video if you wanna take a look. I'm excited!

10-21-2016 09:57 AM
    Speaking of S8 have y'all seen the preview video of it? I ran across it while wasting much time in YouTube the other day. It's at about 8:40 in this video if you wanna take a look. I'm excited!

The devices in that video are very cool, as to the S8, you did notice it shows as "Concept S8" I sort of liked the folding screen device at the beginning. just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
    BR
    RIP N7
    jordankreationz likes this.
    10-21-2016 11:09 AM
    Omg! I know I just got it 2 hrs ago, but I hate this freaking phone. Right now I'm charging so perhaps it will stop being laggy and stupid. And I see why they left the battery. Probably gonna need battery pulls often.
    Mind you I live in the country, but still. When it booted the first time, the hello circle was even slow. I am hoping I just have too much of a threshold of possibility so I'm easily disappointed. I haven't really gotten to move in yet because of the 2 times it basically timed out and now I'm aiming for the 100% battery to go with so maybe I will be happier later on. Posted from my dead....N7. Wahhhhhhh!
    10-21-2016 01:17 PM
    And.... There are no headphones!
    10-21-2016 01:26 PM
    But today, I'm getting used to it a little. Getting my customizations going. I am totally happy to get the IR blaster back. The battery life seems not bad so far BUT I don't have Facebook installed and that's a big battery hog. I took it off charger at midnight last night. 9 am still had 100%. Note it's 2:30 pm and I'm at 63%. I would say fair for all the tweaking and downloading I've been doing.
    10-22-2016 02:31 PM
    Omg! I know I just got it 2 hrs ago, but I hate this freaking phone. Right now I'm charging so perhaps it will stop being laggy and stupid. And I see why they left the battery. Probably gonna need battery pulls often.
    Mind you I live in the country, but still. When it booted the first time, the hello circle was even slow. I am hoping I just have too much of a threshold of possibility so I'm easily disappointed. I haven't really gotten to move in yet because of the 2 times it basically timed out and now I'm aiming for the 100% battery to go with so maybe I will be happier later on. Posted from my dead....N7. Wahhhhhhh!
    The LG V20 should be setup as a new device...this phone does not lag at all for me....so much faster than my note 7....no hiccups and I have several devices including both ipad pros, galaxy tab s2, and a LG G5......the battery is simply amazing for such a large display too. I think you are too bias in regards to the note 7 fiasco to give a accurate review.
    stackberry369 likes this.
    10-22-2016 02:38 PM
    My post just above this one was updated to reflect my current thoughts. I also never claimed to be professional reviewer. Just sharing my thoughts to all other note 7 orphans. Yes I am biased. The N7 was perfect in every way except for that pesky fire problem. I'm getting used to this phone today. That doesn't change the set up hassles from original set up. Overall, I'm beginning to like this phone quite a bit. Love having the IR blaster back. Hopefully the camera just has a learning curve. I still think I'd like this one better than the pixel but who knows. Those were my only non Samsung choices. Thank you for your input.
    10-22-2016 03:27 PM
    I got my T-Mobile V20 two days ago and so far I love it. It's not as pretty the Note 7, so let's get that out of the way. It has the best screen that LG has ever put into a phone. No, it's not as good as the one in the Note 7, but is 90-95% as good. And honestly that's good enough for me, mainly because it's much brighter than anything I've used from LG before.

As far as everything else, battery life and cameras are about on par. The V20 has a better fingerprint scanner. The V20 is SO much faster than the Note 7. I suppose it may have lagged a bit while downloading everything and setting it up, but not since.
    10-22-2016 07:39 PM
    I agree.. V20 is sooooo much snappier. Both my N7 lagged. This phone....zero lag. Screen is almost as good as N7. Camera is good...just not quite as good in low light. Audio on it rocks! 2nd screen us fantastic idea. I hope more theme are coming! Wish it had wireless charging...but hopefully they will release charging back. It looks like it has the pins for it underneath the back. I like double tap to wake. Getting used to new power button location ...that will just take time. Loving this phone!
    DamianP likes this.
    10-23-2016 12:03 AM
    For all the good things of the Note 7 (there were many) bad issues were the LTE signal reception and wifi behavior. The Note 7 was great in strong LTE areas, but pretty much sucked in medium to weak areas. The battery drained quicker in those areas. Wifi did not seem to have good range and ran warmer than any device I have owned. Did the same on both N7s I had.

In contrast the Note 4 has much better LTE signal and runs cool with wifi. I ordered the V20 to test signal reception out. The Note 4 has been great since the updates and getting a new battery, but not enough storage and low light pics are not good.

If I do not like the V20, the Note 4 will be fine until next year- minus having some of my bigger games installed and the low light pics.
    10-23-2016 10:13 AM
    And.... There are no headphones!
    You get the headphones through LG
    10-23-2016 12:53 PM
    I got my T-Mobile V20 two days ago and so far I love it. It's not as pretty the Note 7, so let's get that out of the way. It has the best screen that LG has ever put into a phone. No, it's not as good as the one in the Note 7, but is 90-95% as good. And honestly that's good enough for me, mainly because it's much brighter than anything I've used from LG before.

As far as everything else, battery life and cameras are about on par. The V20 has a better fingerprint scanner. The V20 is SO much faster than the Note 7. I suppose it may have lagged a bit while downloading everything and setting it up, but not since.
    Poster's in the LG V20 forum say that LG should have used their OLED for the display.
    10-23-2016 12:56 PM
30 12