Replacement S7 Edge arrived... I don't wanna do the switch!

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
If I just keep backing up the N7, I can use it until it gets bricked, then fire up this lesser device.

Just don't think I'm ready to say goodbye

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You're right, it is a lesser device but the closest device that somewhat, kinda but not really resembles the N7.
I had the s7edge as a loaner and like I said in other threads, I would've enjoyed it if I never experienced the N7... I refused to switch to the s7edge because it was a downgrade I wasn't willing to pay money for. I couldn't even go back to my old N3 after experiencing the N7. Boxed up all my Samsung accessories including my Gear S2 classic platinum that I paid close to $500 for and I'll wait it out for the next S-Pen device. Currently using a iPhone 6 that my daughter used before moving on to the iPhone 7...
Good luck with that

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I couldn't go back to my note3 after experiencing the note7 neither. After three years of greatness I thought I had with it and then the note7 blew it away. I made a switch to the blackberry PRIV instead of going back to my note3. Not too bad of a device.

JayWalk

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
My new S7E has been sitting in the box for a week while I keep on using my N7. I was planning on holding out for as long as I could...and then it happened! I got the dreaded return box!!!!! :eek:

Adaboy

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My Co-Worker received her replacement N7 then the return box for the old N7 came a week later. She then received an email that confirmed they received her first N7 back! She is like what do I do with the extra phone, every one at work said together "keep it". lol

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The edge really isn't a lesser device. It's the exact same phone minus a few functions and the s pen.
This is what I told myself too when I ordered it, only to return it 48 hours later.

It's not just about features and pens. It's how it feels in your hand. Having had the Note 7, Note 5 and Note 4 before that, it just does not feel the same.

Now if I never had a Note, I probably would have loved this phone.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I just can't used to the curved screen. My palm always hits it and causes issues. Was gonna get a s7e but opted for the v20 instead. If I could get the injustice Batman s7e..... I would go for that for sure!

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
You might end up firing up the more-er device if you're not careful. Which may cause property damage costing thousands, or even human damage too. If you got the s7 edge, which is a pretty good replacement, and you accept you will be giving up the note 7 sometime relatively soon and end up using the s7 edge, you might as well just get used to it now tbh.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got my LG V20 this afternoon. I turned it on and right back off. Too soon, maybe tomorrow morning....lol. But the Edge was a deal breaker for me....32 gb? Nope. And I need phablets. I have never owned anything but the Note line, nothing from the S-line. They always look less than to me.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I got my LG V20 this afternoon. I turned it on and right back off. Too soon, maybe tomorrow morning....lol. But the Edge was a deal breaker for me....32 gb? Nope. And I need phablets. I have never owned anything but the Note line, nothing from the S-line. They always look less than to me.
So the edge doesn't classify as phablet size? Lol the 1st and second note was 5.5 just like the edge.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
This is what I told myself too when I ordered it, only to return it 48 hours later.

It's not just about features and pens. It's how it feels in your hand. Having had the Note 7, Note 5 and Note 4 before that, it just does not feel the same.

Now if I never had a Note, I probably would have loved this phone.
I thought I would have issues with how curved the s7 is but it's fine. Doesn't feel any different from a note to me. *shrugs *

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So the edge doesn't classify as phablet size? Lol the 1st and second note was 5.5 just like the edge.

Now you know, you can't give people a taste of anything....lol. Last year I thought that the Note 5 was the best. I refuse to go back to it now....lol. We are spoiled as hell.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Now you know, you can't give people a taste of anything....lol. Last year I thought that the Note 5 was the best. I refuse to go back to it now....lol. We are spoiled as hell.
I'm the same way, couldn't go back to my note 5. I went with the S7 edge, close as you can get to the n7.

I am looking at the pixle, but don't know, that is going to be basic Android, and I'm used to the extras Samsung gives us, I call it eye candy

dario12v

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
It's not a lesser device with the exception of the s-pen, it's a great phone and the Note 7 is dead, let it go bro lol

It definitely is a lesser device... The pronounced edges on the s7 edge display produce such glare... That it makes the screen 10% smaller than it should be... Camera software on note 7 makes for better pics and above all.. No HDR screen (with upscaling) on s7 edge

Returned a silver s7 edge after 3 days
Keeping my note 7 until s8 comes out (hopefully)

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I just can't used to the curved screen. My palm always hits it and causes issues. Was gonna get a s7e but opted for the v20 instead. If I could get the injustice Batman s7e..... I would go for that for sure!

My 7 edge theme✌

Attachments

• 338.jpg
    338.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 141

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't see why so many people handed over their Note 7 so easily (excluding travel concerns). I never got the feeling that whatever the issue was warranted all the hooplah. So, no way was I gonna hand mine over to downgrade to another phone on the market. If this safety recall is treated like the ones for vehicles there will be no deadline to turn the phone in for exchange. So the way I see it, I'll just hold on until the S8 or next Note type device. Man, I really hope this phone wasnt discontinued over some sort of a hoax.