Replacement S7 Edge arrived... I don't wanna do the switch!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't like the 7edge. It's too curved. Ran hot. Screen too sensitive. I had it for 12 days while waiting on replacement. Not for me.
Then 2nd issues... Note5... Like it

guthrien

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
It definitely felt like a lesser device. The Note 7 was a refinement of what that phone could have been, forget the S Pen (which most of us can't). Even the software is better on the Note. And let's face it, in today's fast moving tech market it felt like they wanted us to take an older phone in recompense.

Not saying it's not a great phone in it's own right or you guys shouldn't love it btw, I sincerely hope you do. It was just a bummer for me as I wouldn't have gone through this whole thing if it wasn't a Note phone I wanted. But so it goes...

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
It's ok, little Schlubbe, your note 7 is just going to go live on a farm where it can run and play all day.

Love how two different comments in the thread say 'it isn't lesser' and then include the word 'minus' in the next sentence. A $50 isn't lesser than a $100 - it's the same thing, minus a ten and a couple twenties.

Obviously, I ordered it, and I'll be doing the swap - whole point of the thread is just that I really don't wanna (like the rest of you, I'd guess).

And please, does there always have to be a 'chicken little' in every thread pointing out that this evil little phone will burn down my house, knock Aircraft out of the sky, stage a coup d'etat in a 3rd world country, and kill my puppy, Duane?

I get it, it might possibly catch fire. You can stop now.

It's not as though, this far into the process, we're all going to saved from our path of wickedness by your pithy hyperbole. Oh, thank you, semi-anonymous Internet schmoe! You saved my life!

Anywho, I'll get to swapping it out... soon... probably...

I'm gonna miss you, little N7... you were a good phone.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I don't like the 7edge. It's too curved. Ran hot. Screen too sensitive. I had it for 12 days while waiting on replacement. Not for me.
Then 2nd issues... Note5... Like it
I found that the screen sensitivity reduced drastically after a couple weeks use for the note7 (original and replacement). I'm sure the s7 edge would be the same. Too bad it didn't work out for you.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's ok, little Schlubbe, your note 7 is just going to go live on a farm where it can run and play all day.

Love how two different comments in the thread say 'it isn't lesser' and then include the word 'minus' in the next sentence. A $50 isn't lesser than a $100 - it's the same thing, minus a ten and a couple twenties.

Obviously, I ordered it, and I'll be doing the swap - whole point of the thread is just that I really don't wanna (like the rest of you, I'd guess).

Well I stand by what I said. Honestly none of us wanted to give up our N7. I was just pointing out that s7 edge is an acceptable phone even though it doesn't have every function that the N7 has. They are almost the same phone. It's suitable replacement. At least in my opinion. Anyway good luck with whatever phone you choose.

wolverinex

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I got the theme. Are you rooted or did you figure a way to get package Disabler to work. Theme resets after a short period since the update. Thanks

Not rooted,use package disabler .apply theme,then kill these programs👍👍

Attachments

• 340.jpg
    340.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 117

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
So, I just fired up the S7 edge - it's got the N7s sim card and has the 256gb card in it. Still have a dozen more things to get dialed in, but it seems pretty nice so far. It has this week to win me over, but I'm pretty sure I can get used to it.

Still, not going to push the old N7 out on an ice floe just yet(senicide? more like sevenicide).

I was thinking I could store it on the warming rack of my dormant bbq grill until the vzw box turns up, just to avoid further chiding from the bedwetter brigade. Whaddya think?

(My God! That's right next to the propane tank! He's going to kill us all! Won't you at least think of the children?)

If it goes, I guess I'll see you in Heck!

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I just can't used to the curved screen. My palm always hits it and causes issues. Was gonna get a s7e but opted for the v20 instead. If I could get the injustice Batman s7e..... I would go for that for sure!

Yes, Injustice looks pretty slick. Personally, I believe the Olympic version (can't believe it's been two months already) seems a gem too with its presentation case.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, Injustice looks pretty slick. Personally, I believe the Olympic version (can't believe it's been two months already) seems a gem too with its presentation case.

Yes, i saw a video on it! I think there is an iron man galaxy too. Might he older version?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a replacement edge here as well. While I don't think my Note 7 is going to blow up. Who knows when I'll get a return box. I would feel safer having it with me than just having it at my house unsupervised while I'm at work during the day.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Yes, i saw a video on it! I think there is an iron man galaxy too. Might he older version?

This is the first I'd heard of the possibility of any sort of Iron Man version (there ought to be though!); could be an earlier device yet I've only recently become aware of these high-line, limited editions. I am going to check Amazon and eBay*.

*eBay has the Iron Man S6 Edge; used only that I found. A nice looking phone.

ibaad86

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
I am unable to make VOIP on my samsung s6 using Viber or Skype. I can sometimes hear the other Party (like on facebook-messenger) but the other party can't hear a thing. On other apps like whatsapp, it's not even connecting! Other than that, I can make Normal calls over cellular network, even voice messages are working properly too.

I tried everything factory Reset Install and reinstall Viber etc, but yet Nothing seems to work. If someone knows the the answer to my problem, please help me!!!

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My Co-Worker received her replacement N7 then the return box for the old N7 came a week later. She then received an email that confirmed they received her first N7 back! She is like what do I do with the extra phone, every one at work said together "keep it". lol

She's probably not going to be able to use it much longer...why keep it?