10-24-2016 05:44 PM
47 12
tools
    If I just keep backing up the N7, I can use it until it gets bricked, then fire up this lesser device.

Just don't think I'm ready to say goodbye
    10-21-2016 12:00 PM
    The edge really isn't a lesser device. It's the exact same phone minus a few functions and the s pen.
    Nostromo79 and akordboy like this.
    10-21-2016 12:27 PM
    You're right, it is a lesser device but the closest device that somewhat, kinda but not really resembles the N7.
    I had the s7edge as a loaner and like I said in other threads, I would've enjoyed it if I never experienced the N7... I refused to switch to the s7edge because it was a downgrade I wasn't willing to pay money for. I couldn't even go back to my old N3 after experiencing the N7. Boxed up all my Samsung accessories including my Gear S2 classic platinum that I paid close to $500 for and I'll wait it out for the next S-Pen device. Currently using a iPhone 6 that my daughter used before moving on to the iPhone 7...
    Good luck with that
    Viscomi4444 and boudicca like this.
    10-21-2016 12:49 PM
    I couldn't go back to my note3 after experiencing the note7 neither. After three years of greatness I thought I had with it and then the note7 blew it away. I made a switch to the blackberry PRIV instead of going back to my note3. Not too bad of a device.
    10-21-2016 01:01 PM
    My new S7E has been sitting in the box for a week while I keep on using my N7. I was planning on holding out for as long as I could...and then it happened! I got the dreaded return box!!!!!
    10-21-2016 01:06 PM
    My Co-Worker received her replacement N7 then the return box for the old N7 came a week later. She then received an email that confirmed they received her first N7 back! She is like what do I do with the extra phone, every one at work said together "keep it". lol
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-21-2016 02:55 PM
    It's not a lesser device with the exception of the s-pen, it's a great phone and the Note 7 is dead, let it go bro lol
    10-21-2016 03:05 PM
    The edge really isn't a lesser device. It's the exact same phone minus a few functions and the s pen.
    This is what I told myself too when I ordered it, only to return it 48 hours later.

It's not just about features and pens. It's how it feels in your hand. Having had the Note 7, Note 5 and Note 4 before that, it just does not feel the same.

Now if I never had a Note, I probably would have loved this phone.
    boudicca and From A Buick 8 like this.
    10-21-2016 03:06 PM
    I got my Pixel today and I cannot bring myself to activate it. I am going to miss this phone so much.
    10-21-2016 05:05 PM
    I just can't used to the curved screen. My palm always hits it and causes issues. Was gonna get a s7e but opted for the v20 instead. If I could get the injustice Batman s7e..... I would go for that for sure!
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    10-21-2016 05:14 PM
    You might end up firing up the more-er device if you're not careful. Which may cause property damage costing thousands, or even human damage too. If you got the s7 edge, which is a pretty good replacement, and you accept you will be giving up the note 7 sometime relatively soon and end up using the s7 edge, you might as well just get used to it now tbh.
    10-21-2016 05:16 PM
    I got my LG V20 this afternoon. I turned it on and right back off. Too soon, maybe tomorrow morning....lol. But the Edge was a deal breaker for me....32 gb? Nope. And I need phablets. I have never owned anything but the Note line, nothing from the S-line. They always look less than to me.
    mmsean likes this.
    10-21-2016 05:22 PM
    I got my LG V20 this afternoon. I turned it on and right back off. Too soon, maybe tomorrow morning....lol. But the Edge was a deal breaker for me....32 gb? Nope. And I need phablets. I have never owned anything but the Note line, nothing from the S-line. They always look less than to me.
    So the edge doesn't classify as phablet size? Lol the 1st and second note was 5.5 just like the edge.
    athenatp likes this.
    10-21-2016 05:26 PM
    This is what I told myself too when I ordered it, only to return it 48 hours later.

It's not just about features and pens. It's how it feels in your hand. Having had the Note 7, Note 5 and Note 4 before that, it just does not feel the same.

Now if I never had a Note, I probably would have loved this phone.
    I thought I would have issues with how curved the s7 is but it's fine. Doesn't feel any different from a note to me. *shrugs *
    msndrstood and Bbarbie like this.
    10-21-2016 05:29 PM
    So the edge doesn't classify as phablet size? Lol the 1st and second note was 5.5 just like the edge.
    Now you know, you can't give people a taste of anything....lol. Last year I thought that the Note 5 was the best. I refuse to go back to it now....lol. We are spoiled as hell.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    10-21-2016 05:43 PM
    Now you know, you can't give people a taste of anything....lol. Last year I thought that the Note 5 was the best. I refuse to go back to it now....lol. We are spoiled as hell.
    I'm the same way, couldn't go back to my note 5. I went with the S7 edge, close as you can get to the n7.

I am looking at the pixle, but don't know, that is going to be basic Android, and I'm used to the extras Samsung gives us, I call it eye candy
    athenatp and msndrstood like this.
    10-21-2016 06:53 PM
    It's not a lesser device with the exception of the s-pen, it's a great phone and the Note 7 is dead, let it go bro lol
    It definitely is a lesser device... The pronounced edges on the s7 edge display produce such glare... That it makes the screen 10% smaller than it should be... Camera software on note 7 makes for better pics and above all.. No HDR screen (with upscaling) on s7 edge

Returned a silver s7 edge after 3 days
    Keeping my note 7 until s8 comes out (hopefully)
    10-21-2016 07:04 PM
    I just can't used to the curved screen. My palm always hits it and causes issues. Was gonna get a s7e but opted for the v20 instead. If I could get the injustice Batman s7e..... I would go for that for sure!
    My 7 edge theme✌
    Attached Thumbnails Replacement S7 Edge arrived... I don't wanna do the switch!-338.jpg Β 
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-21-2016 07:12 PM
    I don't see why so many people handed over their Note 7 so easily (excluding travel concerns). I never got the feeling that whatever the issue was warranted all the hooplah. So, no way was I gonna hand mine over to downgrade to another phone on the market. If this safety recall is treated like the ones for vehicles there will be no deadline to turn the phone in for exchange. So the way I see it, I'll just hold on until the S8 or next Note type device. Man, I really hope this phone wasnt discontinued over some sort of a hoax.
    10-21-2016 08:58 PM
    My 7 edge theme✌
    I saw there is a way to side load the theme. Is that what you did?
    10-21-2016 09:08 PM
    I don't like the 7edge. It's too curved. Ran hot. Screen too sensitive. I had it for 12 days while waiting on replacement. Not for me.
    Then 2nd issues... Note5... Like it
    10-21-2016 09:13 PM
    I saw there is a way to side load the theme. Is that what you did?
    Correct sir.πŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’
    10-21-2016 09:43 PM
    Correct sir.πŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’
    Very nice
    10-21-2016 09:48 PM
    It definitely felt like a lesser device. The Note 7 was a refinement of what that phone could have been, forget the S Pen (which most of us can't). Even the software is better on the Note. And let's face it, in today's fast moving tech market it felt like they wanted us to take an older phone in recompense.

Not saying it's not a great phone in it's own right or you guys shouldn't love it btw, I sincerely hope you do. It was just a bummer for me as I wouldn't have gone through this whole thing if it wasn't a Note phone I wanted. But so it goes...
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    10-21-2016 10:34 PM
    It's ok, little Schlubbe, your note 7 is just going to go live on a farm where it can run and play all day.

Love how two different comments in the thread say 'it isn't lesser' and then include the word 'minus' in the next sentence. A $50 isn't lesser than a $100 - it's the same thing, minus a ten and a couple twenties.

Obviously, I ordered it, and I'll be doing the swap - whole point of the thread is just that I really don't wanna (like the rest of you, I'd guess).

And please, does there always have to be a 'chicken little' in every thread pointing out that this evil little phone will burn down my house, knock Aircraft out of the sky, stage a coup d'etat in a 3rd world country, and kill my puppy, Duane?

I get it, it might possibly catch fire. You can stop now.

It's not as though, this far into the process, we're all going to saved from our path of wickedness by your pithy hyperbole. Oh, thank you, semi-anonymous Internet schmoe! You saved my life!

Anywho, I'll get to swapping it out... soon... probably...

I'm gonna miss you, little N7... you were a good phone.
    10-21-2016 11:00 PM
47 12