Many people with a Note 4 always complained about the Note 7 because of the lack of removable battery and IR blaster. Well if that's the case then go with the LG V20. Such a solid device. Received mine today and I'm not too unhappy about losing my Note 7.
    amyf27 and rushmore like this.
    10-21-2016 04:30 PM
    Many people with a Note 4 always complained about the Note 7 because of the lack of removable battery and IR blaster. Well if that's the case then go with the LG V20. Such a solid device. Received mine today and I'm not too unhappy about losing my Note 7.
    I'm definitely interested in hearing people's reviews of the v20 after it's been out for a little bit
    10-21-2016 04:33 PM
    I'm definitely interested in hearing people's reviews of the v20 after it's been out for a little bit
    I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Very smooth and well built device. The LG launcher is not that great but I've already replaced it with Nova Launcher.

The camera so far is amazing and really diggin the manual features to dial in on some shallow depth of field shots.
    10-21-2016 04:38 PM
    Besides the S-Pen the only thing I'll miss is Samsung Pay. Wish that tech would become the standard for wireless payment.
    amyf27 likes this.
    10-21-2016 04:41 PM
    I'm definitely enjoying it so far. Very smooth and well built device. The LG launcher is not that great but I've already replaced it with Nova Launcher.

The camera so far is amazing and really diggin the manual features to dial in on some shallow depth of field shots.
    Can you share a couple photos you've taken
    10-21-2016 04:41 PM
    Although I would hate having anything without an s-pen I've considered the V20. The other thing is I use s health a lot. Would my gear fit 2 work with the V20? Will the gear VR? I'm even considering a note 4 off Craigslist for $170. I don't know if that's a good idea or not though
    10-21-2016 04:53 PM
    Can you share a couple photos you've taken
    Sure. I'll take some worth showing later on.
    10-21-2016 04:56 PM
    Although I would hate having anything without an s-pen I've considered the V20. The other thing is I use s health a lot. Would my gear fit 2 work with the V20? Will the gear VR? I'm even considering a note 4 off Craigslist for $170. I don't know if that's a good idea or not though
    Yup. Using my Gear Fit 2 with S Health on my V20. They are available through the Play Store.
    I don't think the Gear VR will work tho. Not too sure.
    10-21-2016 04:57 PM
    If it had 32GB more internal I would not be looking now. MM, fresh install and new battery made a great device.
    10-21-2016 05:04 PM
    Yup. Using my Gear Fit 2 with S Health on my V20. They are available through the Play Store.
    I don't think the Gear VR will work tho. Not too sure.
    Do all the features of the fit still work? I would like to know about the vr though. If it doesn't why not? You would think it would be pretty easy to make any phone work
    10-21-2016 05:27 PM
    Do all the features of the fit still work? I would like to know about the vr though. If it doesn't why not? You would think it would be pretty easy to make any phone work
    So far all the basic features seems to work fine. I believe installing apps or different watch faces wouldn't work as you don't have the Galaxy App store.

Not exactly sure if the Gear VR relies on the Galaxy Spp Store or not so the Gear VR I wouldn't know since I don't have one.
    10-21-2016 07:00 PM
    Samsung VR was specifically made for Samsung phones...
    More than likely any other phone won't fit
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-21-2016 07:21 PM
    Is the only way to turn the screen on with the power button on the back? It won't work for me if it is
    10-22-2016 09:32 AM
    You can use the vr, you just won't get the oculus store, or any of the gear vr/oculus apps. You will have to use cardboard.
    strikeIII likes this.
    10-22-2016 09:45 AM
    Isn't S-health available for all smartphones?
    10-22-2016 09:55 AM
    I'm sticking with my Note 4. I'll wait for the sequelae to the Note 7-whether it comes out in March or September.
    fwinst and cinnamin like this.
    10-22-2016 11:44 AM
    Is the only way to turn the screen on with the power button on the back? It won't work for me if it is
    You can double tap the screen to turn it on.
    10-22-2016 12:28 PM
    While the V20 is a good phone, it is not a note. V20 is comparable to the S7 Edge, not the note 7. Personally I went back to the Note 4 to use Note functionalities that are not present in the V20. Not knocking the phone at all. It is a very good one but for me personally it lacks features that I use on the note regularly with the SPen. For now will just have to wait for a while and see what Samsung decides to do. If for some reason they do device to eliminate the Note series, then I will have to evaluate options for future upgrades.
    10-22-2016 04:39 PM
    While the V20 is a good phone, it is not a note. V20 is comparable to the S7 Edge, not the note 7. Personally I went back to the Note 4 to use Note functionalities that are not present in the V20. Not knocking the phone at all. It is a very good one but for me personally it lacks features that I use on the note regularly with the SPen. For now will just have to wait for a while and see what Samsung decides to do. If for some reason they do device to eliminate the Note series, then I will have to evaluate options for future upgrades.
    For sure the SPen definitely can't be replaced.
    al3azim likes this.
    10-22-2016 05:14 PM