Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 7 compensation program will reportedly let customers get a Galaxy S8 free

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What about users that switched to another platform?

If this is true, whatever they are giving away....users that went through 2 recalls and jumped shipped after should still get one. Heck, users that jumped ship after the first recall should get one. And whether you jumped shipped or not should not be a deciding factor to get a discount, as long as you owned a Note 7 and went through the recall....that should be the deciding factor. But I won't believe this one until Samsung gives a press conference on it....lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If this is true, whatever they are giving away....users that went through 2 recalls and jumped shipped after should still get one. Heck, users that jumped ship after the first recall should get one. And whether you jumped shipped or not should not be a deciding factor to get a discount, as long as you owned a Note 7 and went through the recall....that should be the deciding factor. But I won't believe this one until Samsung gives a press conference on it....lol.

What about people like me who traded it in for an S7 Edge after the first recall? I'm glad I did so I didn't have to go through this mess twice. It was already enough of a disaster trying to get a refund for the first one.

Even if it is for a regular S8 you can always sell the phone and buy the Note later.

I also wonder if it will be directly from Samsung the phone? Or do they send you a voucher to go to your carrier?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If I were Samsung and was going to do this I would do it for the ones that stayed with Samsung. It's an extra thank you for sticking with us and not bailing. The ones that bailed were taken care of with the recall

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't sound promising for those who decided not to upgrade & just go back to our old devices if true. Like myself, im back on a maxx but still had a upgrade availability that sat around for almost 2 yrs b4 the 7. Sounds like a lost cause but.. it is what it is. Win some you lose some💁

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I also wonder if it will be directly from Samsung the phone? Or do they send you a voucher to go to your carrier?

I would wait till there is even a hint of true evidence before even trying to figure this out. This is a pure rumor / someone being hopeful.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
If I were Samsung and was going to do this I would do it for the ones that stayed with Samsung. It's an extra thank you for sticking with us and not bailing. The ones that bailed were taken care of with the recall
Exactly the most loyal ones should be rewarded. Think they would suffer a huge loss if they gave everyone that had a note a free s8 because let's face it even the ones that didn't jump ship because of the recall will claim they did just to get a free device. I don't think Samsung owes a free device to everyone. Recalls are apart of business and they were nice enough not to try and force you into staying with their brand(yes they are offering rebates, but still giving you free will to pick your own device).

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Exactly the most loyal ones should be rewarded. Think they would suffer a huge loss if they gave everyone that had a note a free s8 because let's face it even the ones that didn't jump ship because of the recall will claim they did just to get a free device. I don't think Samsung owes a free device to everyone. Recalls are apart of business and they were nice enough not to try and force you into staying with their brand(yes they are offering rebates, but still giving you free will to pick your own device).
Yes, they could have just given refunds or exchange for another Samsung product.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I think we can all agree Samsung won't be giving us a free phone. It'll be discounted, sure but never free. That's way too far for them.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmm... I think the "crazies" like myself who are still using the N7 should get a freebie. Reward us for taking a chance! 😛

But really, if it's true, it's nice to know our loyalty is appreciated. Compensation and understanding go a long way. With that being said, I don't want an S8. As others have mentioned, I want the next Note like device.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I hope this is true.... I am almost up on my 2 weeks with my new s7 edge - it is NOT a good replacement for the N7.... but if I can get the SN8 - and it will need to be similar to the note... than I will keep my s7 edge and wait it out.... I could always go back to my Note 4 - but my daughter is using it.... I don't want to be stuck with this S7 edge for 2 years... ugh

WingLT

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Quote "without paying much." Won't be free.
Also there was something about being in a Galaxy Club. What's that?
Yeah what's the Galaxy Club? I never heard of it and Sprint never mentioned it. Is it like what Apple is doing? I want more proof about this or its fake...

johnkk

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site
It's not going to be a free S8 for no reason. It will be an exchange program. Likely something along the lines of:

"Previous Note 7 owners who traded in their Note 7 phone for an S7 or S7 Edge can trade their S7/S7 Edge in for an S8 for free"

Basically, this makes sense because the S7/S7 Edge is an inferior phone to the Note 7. So it makes sense to offer the S8 to Note 7 owners.

Also, I suspect they will allow any unredeemed Note 7's to be traded in for an S8

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't Samsung be losing money if they do this?

They are trying to lure people back long term, but seems misdirected. They would be better served offering discounts for the Note equivalent for former Note 7 owners when released next year and let people know now.

A lot of people already bailed to other non Samsung devices and now all they are doing is unintentionally encouraging people that held out, to keep their Note 7 until the S8 comes out and see what it is. For people that went to other devices (a lot) they are essentially burning a bridge- unless they will get a discount to lure back as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz