Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 7 compensation program will reportedly let customers get a Galaxy S8 free

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They are trying to lure people back long term, but seems misdirected. They would be better served offering discounts for the Note equivalent for former Note 7 owners when released next year and let people know now.

A lot of people already bailed to other non Samsung devices and now all they are doing is unintentionally encouraging people that held out, to keep their Note 7 until the S8 comes out and see what it is. For people that went to other devices (a lot) they are essentially burning a bridge- unless they will get a discount to lure back as well.
The article says it's for those who have the S7 or S7 Edge who switched... Not for those with the Note 7... The article says they would get it at a discounted price not really free

I hope it's true though

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Little too late.... Everyone is already jumping ship why didnt they offer this before if this is true..........So you tell us to power down and want us to use loaners and back up phones for 6 months til the small s8 comes out?...They like to see us suffer don't they...

I saw a poll of Note 7 users saying that 75% of us would stick with Samsung

coryrizos

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm a note 7 owner in Canada. I've already done one exchange and I want nothing to do with an S7 or any other phone for that matter. I'm still holding on to my note 7 for now. I've had a few message prompts sent to my phone directly from Samsung. Informing me that the phone could explode and to please exchange the unit So far Samsung have not remotely disabled the phone....

Wazzupp2016

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
If this is true, whatever they are giving away....users that went through 2 recalls and jumped shipped after should still get one. Heck, users that jumped ship after the first recall should get one. And whether you jumped shipped or not should not be a deciding factor to get a discount, as long as you owned a Note 7 and went through the recall....that should be the deciding factor. But I won't believe this one until Samsung gives a press conference on it....lol.

Samsung is really making this painful for me. I preordered a N7, got it, exchanged it for running hot, exchanged it again for the recall, then went with LG because of their text messages everyday about stop using it and turning it off.... I felt that I was loyal and patient and now they do this to me??? Oh well, back to my dealer to see what they say about this but inclined to wait until reviews on the S8/S8pro/N8 (?). PO!

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
At the moment, the announced program is limited to previous Note 7 owners in KOREA. No plan for other markets has yet been announced.

I'm hopeful this will be a model for other countries as well, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have serious doubts they will offer this program in the US, but if they coincided the announcement with the release of the coral blue S7E, it would be a smart move. There are so many different carriers to deal with and each of them has different upgrade requirements.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The article says it's for those who have the S7 or S7 Edge who switched... Not for those with the Note 7... The article says they would get it at a discounted price not really free

I hope it's true though

Hence my point ;) They should extend the 50% discount to all previous Note 7 owners and not just those who either went back to a previous device (Note 4 in my case) or mover to another device. Their point is to bring back Note owners, yet only offering to the much smaller amount that downgraded to the S7s.

Instead of building a bridge for all their customers they are building a little tiny rope bridge over hungry crocodiles.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Why do people feel so entitled nowadays? This situation sucks for Samsung way more than it does for any us. No one has lost anything. They gave everyone that wanted out of the Note 7 options and compensation. I hate how some people are acting like they're so traumatized from all this. If they give US customers incentive to buy the next phone, great! If they don't, I'll still buy it anyway because I feel like Samsung makes the best smartphones on the market right now. If this doesn't come stateside it'll probably be the fault of our carriers and not Samsung.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How about an S8 WITH S Pen accessory option? I'm still pushing my S Pen as an accessory idea! All they need to do is make the software available as a download which is easy enough to do, and find a good way to make the accessory attachable. My best thought on that is with a special case that has the holder built in to the case, not only does it then protect the phone it also holds your Pen. Another idea would be to attach the Pen with some sort of clip that you use adhesive to attach. I prefer the case.

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
How about an S8 WITH S Pen accessory option? I'm still pushing my S Pen as an accessory idea! All they need to do is make the software available as a download which is easy enough to do, and find a good way to make the accessory attachable. My best thought on that is with a special case that has the holder built in to the case, not only does it then protect the phone it also holds your Pen. Another idea would be to attach the Pen with some sort of clip that you use adhesive to attach. I prefer the case.

Supporting the S-Pen will also require a hardware change for the display/digitizer. It's not just software that makes the S-Pen work on the Note series.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Supporting the S-Pen will also require a hardware change for the display/digitizer. It's not just software that makes the S-Pen work on the Note series.

Ok so why not make the change across the models? Or at least your flagship models (Maybe the Galaxy Grand doesn't need it lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC