11-04-2016 07:39 AM
218 1234 ...
tools
    Have no idea about Sprint, with Verizon you just swap the Sim. If you have the two phone just try it, power both down swap the sim and fire the one with the sim back up.
    Wow. It's really that simple? I've still got my V2 Note 7 and I also have my replacement S7e. Got me to thinking....if it is simply a matter of moving the sim from one phone to another then I could use my Note7 at home and S7e when I am out and about. So there is no need to do anything on VZW's website when moving the sim from one phone to another?
    BTW, I've asked VZW three times (two over phone and once via text) what to do with my Note7. No answer other than Samsung would be sending me a box.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-25-2016 12:48 PM
    Keeping my 7 as well. Picked up a refurbished Note 5 for travel. I'm on AT&T and just have to move the sim card between them.
    10-25-2016 12:49 PM
    Wow. It's really that simple? I've still got my V2 Note 7 and I also have my replacement S7e. Got me to thinking....if it is simply a matter of moving the sim from one phone to another then I could use my Note7 at home and S7e when I am out and about. So there is no need to do anything on VZW's website when moving the sim from one phone to another?
    BTW, I've asked VZW three times (two over phone and once via text) what to do with my Note7. No answer other than Samsung would be sending me a box.
    That is how it worked between my 5s and my note 7, just a simple switch of the sim and it seemed to work fine. Even reflected the switch on the Verizon web site.

Edit: I think all of this changed when verizon added 4g, they started using a SIM and that has made switching very easy.
    10-25-2016 01:09 PM
    Switching SIM cards is easy and painless. I switch my SIM between the N7, iPhone 6 (both nano sim) and N3 (micro sim) using a SIM adapter for the N3.
    10-25-2016 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the help/reassurance guys! Restoring my N7 right now as I had wiped it in preparation for returning to Samsung/VZW.
    10-25-2016 01:51 PM
    To all you guys still using the Note 7, be sure to join the Note 7 Rebel group if you have Facebook. The group just started and is growing rapidly. Down the road, I hope we can help show through our numbers that this recall really wasn't necessary and the media completely killed this phone for everybody.
    Is it "Note7 Rebels"
    10-25-2016 02:46 PM
    As the 28th draws closer I be switching to the V20 it seem that my N7 is working better and better right now the phone temp in 79F it's been on battery since around 6:00 am I have 76% battery life left which = like 28hr stats from the phone it never really gets warmer than 87F. I still user the phone the same way music, email, youtube social media. I know it's to late for this phone but I gotta give it up to Samsung they made a kick *** phone with the N7 there is no other phone that can touch it.
    Viscomi4444 likes this.
    10-25-2016 02:47 PM
    I 100% agree with you but it has no future and if by some chance like .1% that it does catch fire. Whatever insurance you may have may refuse to cover it or damage to other property citing you knew about the recall and refused. I still use mine daily like nothing happened but I too am looking at the V20 to get me by till next Summer when I upgrade again.
    10-25-2016 03:00 PM
    Will I turn to Samsung again most likely no just because of the amount of energy it took me to correct this mess.
    Should of been a lot simpler than it was.
    Simpler than it was?! Not gonna make any apologies for being Sammy's #1 fangirl, but really?! There are ONLY two ways i think they could have made it simpler for an estimated 5 million phones to be recalled is:

Not have it happen in the FIRST place OR have a Samsung Rep show up at each & every home and hand you a device of your choice with a cherry on top...

People who own vehicles with "exploding air bag shrapnel" are STILL waiting for that Takata to make good, 5 years later...and the death toll is at 13 last count....

i think Samsung did a bang up job handling the recall, but sadly i also think they are doomed anyway : (

BTC
    lanenubia likes this.
    10-25-2016 05:35 PM
    Stupid uneducated phone person here, because I plan on doing just this. Do I have to activate the replacement phone through my carrier (sprint) or does moving the sim card do that?
    Sprint doesn't allow it so easily, the SIM is tied to the phone and just can't be moved. I tried moving mine to my Note 5 and got the message that it is assigned to another phone and is invalid.
    10-25-2016 06:31 PM
    I used the Note 7 for driving about 5 hours straight today.

GPS/ Google maps and Bluetooth playing music the whole time, all while connected to a charger, 3rd party.

Living life on the edge, but the phone never got warm.

On a side note, I thought it was pretty cool that Google maps would go into night mode while I was in tunnels, then back to day as I exited.
    10-25-2016 07:05 PM
    Ha!!! I'm still using mine. But I keep getting texts and emails to power it down. I'm not traveling anytime soon. So there!!!
    10-25-2016 08:36 PM
    10-25-2016 08:40 PM
    I would have kept mine.... I kept reading that if I don't turn it in, tmobile will charge me for the entire phone, then I wasn't sure if they would force an update to brick the phone, and I wasn't sure if I waited too long, they won't give me my 75.00 credit to switch to another phone and 25.00 to turn it in and if I waited until they brick it, they won't give me credit anymore.

From the looks of things, none of that has happened, I should have just kept the phone and be part of the few who still have a Note 7 but its too late now..
    10-25-2016 08:55 PM
    I would have kept mine.... I kept reading that if I don't turn it in, tmobile will charge me for the entire phone, then I wasn't sure if they would force an update to brick the phone, and I wasn't sure if I waited too long, they won't give me my 75.00 credit to switch to another phone and 25.00 to turn it in and if I waited until they brick it, they won't give me credit anymore.

From the looks of things, none of that has happened, I should have just kept the phone and be part of the few who still have a Note 7 but its too late now..
    Fortune favors the bold or god protects fools and drunks, either way i am good. Still using my Note 7
    10-26-2016 05:33 AM
    Let me know what you think about the V20. I was leaning that way but I had the G4 - enough said there.
    Day 5 of the V20 experience and I'm very pleased. Having had a V10 for the past 354 days I had certain expectations for the V20 which were based on the use of my powerful but quirky V10. None of the V10's quirks have yet to manifest in the V20 (yeah, it's only been five days) and the V20's battery life is remarkable. I ordered two spare batteries for the V20 off of eBay which arrived yesterday; through five days I haven't been in a situation where a spare would have been necessary. I have also kept the Facebook Messenger app off of the V20. In the past Messenger seemed to drain the battery on devices where I had it installed. I recently uninstalled Messenger from my V10 and will be running some tests vs. the V20.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-26-2016 05:49 AM

Well, honestly I kind of wish mine was already gone so it wouldn't tempt me so. It's been sitting in a cast iron loaf pan in my kitchen waiting for its return box. While I think the N7 situation has been overblown (pun intended) I would not feel right taking it out in public. Not that I think it would harm anybody but I sure would feel foolish if all the sudden it goes snap crackle pop and poof a cloud of smoke goes up around me. While there wouldn't be any flaming shrapnel involved, people are jumpy these days and I don't need the drama.

I decided against swapping my sim back and forth because I can do what I want to do with it on WiFi and if it does self immolate I don't want the hassle of getting a replacement sim. I am using it only in the evening where I am either in the hot tub off the back porch next to a horse pasture or on my sofa in the living room where it sits on a glass table next to me. I charge it there on an older slow charging wireless Samsung charger. No harm if that gets singed if it were to flame out on me. I wouldn't even consider bringing it in my truck on and around the farm. I don't need the distraction and I sure wouldn't want it to singe the leather. When I'm done for the evening I power it down and put it back in its loaf pan in the kitchen.
    10-26-2016 05:53 AM
    Have no idea about Sprint, with Verizon you just swap the Sim. If you have the two phone just try it, power both down swap the sim and fire the one with the sim back up.
    With sprint you can't just move the sim to a new phone. I actually had to bring my old note 5 in to get it switched over.
    10-26-2016 06:06 AM
    Stupid uneducated phone person here, because I plan on doing just this. Do I have to activate the replacement phone through my carrier (sprint) or does moving the sim card do that?
    With Sprint you do not swap Sims. Once activated, you simply log into your account and initiate swaps through the website.
    10-26-2016 07:57 AM
    With Sprint you do not swap Sims. Once activated, you simply log into your account and initiate swaps through the website.
    That's what I thought.

Now, here's my next concern: I am flying around Christmas. I've bought a Galaxy S7 Edge 1) to fly with and 2) should my Note get shut down immediately. Before I fly, I would have to log on to the sprint website, enter the ESN code, and transfer the service over to the Edge, which is likely not a problem.

That being said, has anyone been able to transfer service on Sprint to another phone -- then BACK to the Note? I am concerned that Sprint may not allow for activition of any Galaxy Note 7s . . .
    msndrstood and Viscomi4444 like this.
    10-26-2016 08:03 AM
    Amazing to me that so many people have made a decision to carry around a recalled device running Marshmallow, potentially endangering other people because they don't think a S7edge, V20, Moto or Pixel is good enough for them. For me, I would never do that just for the risk of being "the guy" who created some sort of situation by ignoring Samsung and the CPSC. It is an automatic nationally publicized ***** award trophy waiting to happen.

I am playing with a Pixel XL and V20 right now, and they are viable options. I took both off the charger last night at 100% before bed. This morning the Pixel is reading 99%, and the v20 97%. This is after 8+ hours standby. Try to replicate that with a Samsung device. Also, these devices, especially the Pixel- are so much more fluid that the note.

Technology is already moving on.
    tadpoles likes this.
    10-26-2016 08:11 AM
    That's what I thought.

Now, here's my next concern: I am flying around Christmas. I've bought a Galaxy S7 Edge 1) to fly with and 2) should my Note get shut down immediately. Before I fly, I would have to log on to the sprint website, enter the ESN code, and transfer the service over to the Edge, which is likely not a problem.

That being said, has anyone been able to transfer service on Sprint to another phone -- then BACK to the Note? I am concerned that Sprint may not allow for activition of any Galaxy Note 7s . . .
    You wont even need to enter the ESN, the note and all of its ESN data will auto populate so it is literally just a point and click swap.

As for switching back to the note7, who knows. As of now, it is possible.
    10-26-2016 08:14 AM
    It's not even worth the slight risk of keeping it when you can have almost the same phone minus the s-pen in the S7 Edge
    robber and tadpoles like this.
    10-26-2016 08:24 AM
    Problem is now the s7e is catching fire. So is the issue with the phone or with some app people have downloaded? Just think about that a moment. Not too hard for a rogue app to run the cpu to the point of overheating or cause the charging circuit to overcharge the battery.
    10-26-2016 09:16 AM
    ^^ Lol what he/she said. This phone is pretty much flawless. Sprint is gonna have to block my IMEI number or whatever it's called to get me to return it. Ill say it again- 35 reported cases against 1 million sold phones. The 35 were not even confirmed. Especially the Southwest Airlines and the Exploding jeep. ������
    Just as an FYI, if you're going to continue to propagate false numbers despite your continued awareness that those numbers are fictitious, we're going to start treating that as trolling.
    10-26-2016 09:21 AM
218 1234 ...