11-04-2016 07:39 AM
218 ... 34567 ...
tools
    My wife has the Note 5 and it seems to me to be quite clunky and unrefined compared to the Note 7. I don't like any other phone and would be severely disappointed with another. And then be reminded of what should've been every day. I'm quite ok keeping mine with the failure rate being a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent. Even if it were to fail, I'd want another. They don't explode, doesn't even look like most (if any) catch on fire. They just melt. Also how long has it been since one "melted/caught on fire"? It seems to me that if a phone was going to fail mostly it has done so already, or if the risk is ongoing, its due to mishandling or damage.
    Well if your phone was to damage, I highly doubt you would be able to get another one though. They aren't really being sold anywhere else
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    10-27-2016 10:48 AM
    Because it's a great phone as is? Who cares about updates if the phone is working well now?
    I would -- I want security updates. With all the stuff going on now a days and loop holes being discovered I would like them to get patched up. The Note 7 wouldn't offer that if I kept it.
    Laura Knotek and smooth4lyfe like this.
    10-27-2016 10:54 AM
    Actually the rumor now is that there is no issue with the N7 as the media would have us believe. Seems as though we have a rash of phones burning up. IPhones, s7's, s7e's, N7's, HTC's, etc. Not only are phones burning, so are beats pill pluses. It will be sad to find that with Tech as advanced as we have a simple explanation could be a CME. Some have been known to last days, weeks, even over a month at a time. I've been informed that at a certain point if I keep my N7 and am still using it they will bill me for it and leave it on the network. Also at some point the bans will get lifted because there is no threat of more burning up. That there would explain why they can't replicate it.
    OMG I just bought a Beats Pill Plus AND I use it frequently with my Galaxy Note 7!!!
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    10-27-2016 11:11 AM
    OMG I just bought a Beats Pill Plus AND I use it frequently with my Galaxy Note 7!!!
    Me too! I love it with the N7!
    10-27-2016 11:16 AM
    I exchanged mine to the S7 Edge, which I love but really miss the Pen, but I personally felt it was better I switch than be cautious all the time.

I am wondering why are people deciding to keep their Note 7 as of right now?
    I doubt it will receive any beneficial updates going forward.
    I see zero reason to give up a phone that i really like, that works really well and meets or exceeds all of my needs. There are no other phones currently out there that i want. I will take a look at the S8 and if that does not make the grade then i will hold out for the Note 8

As far as updates i really do not need them at this point, if that changes in the future then i will look at it again. I see no reason to make a switch now, it is not like my phone options are going to get any worse, they are only going to get better.
    10-27-2016 11:27 AM
    I'm not actually trying to keep my Note 7... but it's winding up that way.

I cancelled my Pixel XL order because of the weak radio. Can't live with that.

just got an email from Best Buy (detailed in another thread) that my phone is delayed another month. (verizon version of the LG v20). Now an unknown delay with the v20, and multiple reports of the camera lenses breaking.

At this rate, Sammy will have the Detonate Note 8 out before I return my 3rd... yes, 3rd, Note 7.

On another Note...(sorry, couldn't resist...) You know what's really interesting to me? There's about 1 million that still have the Note 7 for multiple reasons... Yeah, mostly because we don't want to give it up, but...

each month I am still paying Big Red on my Device payment plan.

Do you think Big Red is paying Sammy for my recalled phone? Doubt that! So, is Verizon making out on this deal? We pay in but Big Red doesn't pay out? LOL IDK... just another twist to this saga.

Cheatin' death daily with my GN7... for now... or longer... don't know!
    10-27-2016 12:17 PM

just got an email from Best Buy (detailed in another thread) that my phone is delayed another month. (verizon version of the LG v20). Now an unknown delay with the v20, and multiple reports of the camera lenses breaking.

At this rate, Sammy will have the Detonate Note 8 out before I return my 3rd... yes, 3rd, Note 7.

On another Note...(sorry, couldn't resist...) You know what's really interesting to me? There's about 1 million that still have the Note 7 for multiple reasons... Yeah, mostly because we don't want to give it up, but...

Do you think Big Red is paying Sammy for my recalled phone? Doubt that! So, is Verizon making out on this deal? We pay in but Big Red doesn't pay out? LOL IDK... just another twist to this saga.

I am sure Verizon paid samsung in full for the phone when you bought it. The device payments we are paying (still making mine as well) are to verizon. If you turn your note7 into verizon, you will no longer pay the device payment (and should be refunded what you paid to date ??) and then verizon will send that phone back to samsung for some type of refund.
    10-27-2016 12:50 PM
    I doubt Verizon had even paid the invoice for the N7's. I know the feeling. I got a s7e and Verizon won't send a box and said here's your refund. They called me the other day to tell me just keep it. I think they are sick of the run around with Samsung and the cpsc. No more reports and no one can make the ones they have go boom.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    10-27-2016 12:58 PM
    Not true. The S7 Edge has a smaller screen, no S-Pen, and USB 2.0 cabling/interface. I wouldn't miss the retina scanner, but everything else would p*ss me off continually.
    10-27-2016 02:12 PM
    I'm definitely keeping mine until a comparable phone comes in the market, at the moment there isn't one that's even in the same class
    10-27-2016 02:15 PM
    Not true. The S7 Edge has a smaller screen, no S-Pen, and USB 2.0 cabling/interface. I wouldn't miss the retina scanner, but everything else would p*ss me off continually.
    The only thing I truly do miss is the S-Pen. It was so much easier messing with screenshots, which I did a lot. Really can't wait until the Note 8 comes out
    10-27-2016 02:32 PM
    Day 8 of using my new Note 7 that I was lucky enough to acquire. Using the T-mobile variant unlocked on AT&T...and I have to say that I prefer this over the AT&T branded Note. No carrier branding, plus less bloatware. ALSO, I like the "3-D Touch" (I know it's not) menu for the apps that AT&T didn't offer. This is by far the greatest phone I have ever used, and will continue to use it. I don't need updates or Nougat. So for me, the phone is FAR from dead. For those that need the latest/updated software, I totally get it. However, I've never cared for updates, especially when it comes to jailbreaking my iPhones. For the first time in a LONG time, I'm satisfied by a device.
    10-27-2016 04:16 PM
    What do you all think about...

1.) Them disabling our phones. Crippling or completely disabling. Now, before you say, "It will never happen", remember that it didn't take long to send out the update that limited battery charge and gave you annoying popups.

2.) People who have paid off their phones... Do you think their treatment (disabling?) of people still on payment plans will be different from those who have them paid off?

3.) Do you think the carriers and Sammy will just leave people alone who keep them? After all, there are already lawsuits and at this point, no one can say they didn't know there was a recall. It might be less costly to them to just leave us all alone even if a few more catch fire... which doesn't seem to be happening any more... mysteriously... so... odd...

other thoughts along those lines???
    10-27-2016 04:28 PM

What's the weak radio issue?
    10-27-2016 05:20 PM

1.) Them disabling our phones. Crippling or completely disabling. Now, before you say, "It will never happen", remember that it didn't take long to send out the update that limited battery charge and gave you annoying popups.

2.) People who have paid off their phones... Do you think their treatment (disabling?) of people still on payment plans will be different from those who have them paid off?

3.) Do you think the carriers and Sammy will just leave people alone who keep them? After all, there are already lawsuits and at this point, no one can say they didn't know there was a recall. It might be less costly to them to just leave us all alone even if a few more catch fire... which doesn't seem to be happening any more... mysteriously... so... odd...

1. Either love it or hate it. Changes by the minute.

2. No difference

3. Will and should aren't the same thing so not sure which to answer
    10-27-2016 05:21 PM
    I exchanged mine to the S7 Edge, which I love but really miss the Pen, but I personally felt it was better I switch than be cautious all the time.

I am wondering why are people deciding to keep their Note 7 as of right now?
    I doubt it will receive any beneficial updates going forward.
    Honestly, the way Samsung works on US carriers, it wasn't going to get any significant updates until around the time the S8 comes out and I'll be upgrading by then.
    I would -- I want security updates. With all the stuff going on now a days and loop holes being discovered I would like them to get patched up. The Note 7 wouldn't offer that if I kept it.
    Yeah I did think about security updates, but how many of these big exploits ever get exploited? I feel like I could make it 5 months.

Honestly, the main reason I'm torn about keeping mine is VR. I wanted the extra space to be able to use VR but they've disabled that so at this point, I could probably make it with my S7 edge. We'll see. Verizon hasn't sent me a box so I still play with both of them.
    10-27-2016 05:48 PM
    I am sure Verizon paid samsung in full for the phone when you bought it. The device payments we are paying (still making mine as well) are to verizon. If you turn your note7 into verizon, you will no longer pay the device payment (and should be refunded what you paid to date ??) and then verizon will send that phone back to samsung for some type of refund.
    Verizon is paying their price for the phone in full when it is shipped to them. Samsung is buying back the ones that are returned to Samsung. If the phone isn't returned, Verizon isn't out anything because they have your money and Samsung isn't losing any money until they have the device back.
    10-27-2016 06:13 PM

I say we band together and fight for what we know to be the truth! We need someone that can shake the media and get the attention of Samsung to let them know we are standing on their side because we believe they have been forced into a corner.
    Now the fun part. I noticed that my battery life sucks using wireless charging. Do we N7 users need fast charging? I will take standard charging if that will make them leave us alone.
    10-27-2016 06:32 PM
    Verizon is paying their price for the phone in full when it is shipped to them. Samsung is buying back the ones that are returned to Samsung. If the phone isn't returned, Verizon isn't out anything because they have your money and Samsung isn't losing any money until they have the device back.
    They gave me my money back, but then have since told me to keep it.
    10-27-2016 06:36 PM
    What's the weak radio issue?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=737570
    10-27-2016 07:40 PM
    I'm currently switching back & forth between my S7 Edge & my Note 7. I will not be turning the phone in unless I'm absolutely forced to do so. This wasn't my screw up so I'm carrying on as normal until I'm told otherwise. I feel like some are overly concerned with this issue & I'm not sure why people insist on inquiring about it so much. If your carrier isn't contacting you about it, then I wouldn't worry about it.
    athenatp and kevinpleasants like this.
    10-27-2016 09:07 PM
    I'm currently switching back & forth between my S7 Edge & my Note 7. I will not be turning the phone in unless I'm absolutely forced to do so. This wasn't my screw up so I'm carrying on as normal until I'm told otherwise. I feel like some are overly concerned with this issue & I'm not sure why people insist on inquiring about it so much. If your carrier isn't contacting you about it, then I wouldn't worry about it.
    This is basically what I'm doing. But if they ever send me a box, I'll probably send the Note 7 in. I doubt that happens anytime soon though. I'm out of 80 bucks but I think that's a decent price for the phone. They stopped the device payments.
    10-27-2016 09:18 PM
    This is basically what I'm doing. But if they ever send me a box, I'll probably send the Note 7 in. I doubt that happens anytime soon though. I'm out of 80 bucks but I think that's a decent price for the phone. They stopped the device payments.
    Yeah definitely. If they send a box, I'll send the phone back. But I'm not going out of my way making trips to the stores & calling customer care inquiring about what they plan on doing. It's the carrier's responsibility to inform the customers about what's going on & so far they haven't done that. So I will continue to enjoy my phone worry free until Verizon decides to do something about it.
    10-27-2016 09:27 PM
    Yeah definitely. If they send a box, I'll send the phone back. But I'm not going out of my way making trips to the stores & calling customer care inquiring about what they plan on doing. It's the carrier's responsibility to inform the customers about what's going on & so far they haven't done that. So I will continue to enjoy my phone worry free until Verizon decides to do something about it.
    Yeah, I'll be damn if I waste my time trying to return it lol. I got better stuff to do.
    jn3wman likes this.
    10-27-2016 09:29 PM
    They haven't stopped my device payments! Lucky dog!
    10-27-2016 09:38 PM
218 ... 34567 ...