11-04-2016 07:39 AM
218 ... 45678 ...
tools
    They haven't stopped my device payments! Lucky dog!
    That's crazy. I thought they had stopped everybody's on Verizon. I didn't even have to request that. They just did it on their own.
    10-27-2016 09:45 PM
    That's crazy. I thought they had stopped everybody's on Verizon. I didn't even have to request that. They just did it on their own.
    Probably because my account is so screwed up... The phone that shows as activated is actually the second Galaxy Note 7 that I had. I'm on my third. The kid at the store screwed up the paperwork, but now that the recall is happened the computer system won't allow him to show my current phone as a recalled phone or something along those lines... That's okay, I'll still pay my $33 a month for this phone until I figure out what I'm going to do.
    10-28-2016 03:11 AM
    They haven't stopped my device payments! Lucky dog!
    They have not stopped mine either (Verizon), but i have not ordered a replacement device so i expect to have to keep paying for the phone.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    10-28-2016 05:21 AM
    I'm *keeping* my Note 7..-0unnamed.pngGot Notification on phone just NOW - DUBAI
    Galaxy Note7 Announcement | Samsung

So only 60% battery from 1st nov
    Still holding on to it to Exchange it with the Galxy S8
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    10-28-2016 06:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0unnamed.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	244101Got Notification on phone just NOW - DUBAI
    Galaxy Note7 Announcement | Samsung

So only 60% battery from 1st nov
    Still holding on to it to Exchange it with the Galxy S8
    Keep us up to date on how living with that works, i think i could handle that change. Would just need to charge my phone at lunch.
    10-28-2016 06:51 AM
    Can we turn off OTA updates, or can we just keep pushing out the updates? The last time they tried to do this, I just kept setting the update for 12 hours into the future and then set a timer to remind me to reset it for 12 hours further out into the future.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    10-28-2016 07:45 AM
    They have not stopped mine either (Verizon), but i have not ordered a replacement device so i expect to have to keep paying for the phone.
    My device payments from Verizon were cancelled even before I activated a different phone.
    10-28-2016 07:56 AM
    Honestly, I can probably live with 60%. But if it does become annoying, I wonder if a factory data reset would at least temporarily get rid of it?
    10-28-2016 08:00 AM
    My device payments from Verizon were cancelled even before I activated a different phone.
    It is weird on my account, just yesterday I received a credit back to my debit card for the sales tax paid on the replacement device. When i look at my account on-line it shows no upgrade available for the line that my note 7 is on. When i look at the bill page it shows the amount for that line including the device payment, however there is not device payoff amount.
    10-28-2016 08:24 AM
    Honestly, I can probably live with 60%. But if it does become annoying, I wonder if a factory data reset would at least temporarily get rid of it?
    Can we turn off OTA updates, or can we just keep pushing out the updates? The last time they tried to do this, I just kept setting the update for 12 hours into the future and then set a timer to remind me to reset it for 12 hours further out into the future.
    Wondering if anyone has Tried this ?
    10-28-2016 08:27 AM
    It is weird on my account, just yesterday I received a credit back to my debit card for the sales tax paid on the replacement device. When i look at my account on-line it shows no upgrade available for the line that my note 7 is on. When i look at the bill page it shows the amount for that line including the device payment, however there is not device payoff amount.
    You might want to get that straightened out with Verizon. Those device payment contracts when messed up can be a real bugger to fix. Two years ago my mom, my husband and I got new phones. The original rep on the phone attached the device contract of my husband's phone to my mothers and hers to his. It showed up on my accounts page correctly correlating the phones, but on my bill it showed the wrong device payments. I tried three times in two years to get Verizon to fix the error. They never did and I had to jump through hoops to get my husband's phone upgraded to the Z Force because of this error. Finally after an hour on the phone, I suggested since Verizon messed it up that they allow me to pay off his Turbo and then credit me back. So, his device still had a balance of $160, which he did not have to pay and was able to keep the phone and get his upgrade.
    10-28-2016 08:40 AM
    Install package disabler pro from google playstore and BLOCK software updates like i did!!!...i'm keeping my note 7
    10-28-2016 08:51 AM
    Nah, it's built into the software. Factory reset will do nothing.
    10-28-2016 09:11 AM
    You wont even need to enter the ESN, the note and all of its ESN data will auto populate so it is literally just a point and click swap.

As for switching back to the note7, who knows. As of now, it is possible.
    Oh, I know it's point and click and the Note would be reactivated -- before all of this recall mess. My question is, has anyone deactivated their Note and then reactivated it?
    10-28-2016 11:19 AM
    Wondering if anyone has Tried this ?
    I did it. There's another thread about this app. Hopefully it'll work if the 60% hits USA.
    10-28-2016 11:21 AM
    Just join any iphone colleagues or buddies at lunch for a midday charge
    10-28-2016 12:45 PM
    I did it. There's another thread about this app. Hopefully it'll work if the 60% hits USA.
    I did this also and I was going through looking at all the apps and notices that the GearVR was disabled. Will unchecking re-enable the GearVR that they disabled?
    10-28-2016 01:05 PM
    I have to admit that I'm jealous as I'm reading your posts about keeping your note 7 and some of you not even having to pay for them. I went back to take my accessories at the Verizon store and they told me to just keep them and they were going to credit my account anyway. Now I think I should have kept my note 7 because it was the best phone I had ever had.
    10-28-2016 05:32 PM
    I've said it before and I will continue saying it; I plan to keep my N7 till the new models (S8 or N8) are released. I do not see the sense in "downgrading" to an S7 Edge at it's full price. It's a 7 month old phone and should be discounted heavily. I also don't want to lose my upgrade for year knowing that a new phone is only a few months away.
    10-28-2016 06:07 PM
    Install package disabler pro from google playstore and BLOCK software updates like i did!!!...i'm keeping my note 7
    I installed it too but I'm not sure which ones to disable? Can you possibly provide a screenshot for me... :-) thank you
    10-28-2016 07:49 PM
    I installed it too but I'm not sure which ones to disable? Can you possibly provide a screenshot for me... :-) thank you
    Nevermind! I watched the video... :-) got it! I did it I hope it works
    10-29-2016 12:20 AM
    I did this as well.we will see.I have had no issues with my note7 .I don't want to give it up.I have been using V20 for ways now .its a very nice phone .I am not happy with camera and it is certainly not my note7 which I love.
    10-29-2016 01:45 AM
    Nevermind! I watched the video... :-) got it! I did it I hope it works
    Did you instal version 6.3 or 6.4 ?
    Can you still give a Screen shot what all to dissable Please

some say only Version 6.3 works
    the New update of yesterday 6.4 does not work
    10-29-2016 07:24 AM
    Did you instal version 6.3 or 6.4 ?
    Can you still give a Screen shot what all to dissable Please

some say only Version 6.3 works
    the New update of yesterday 6.4 does not work
    I'm *keeping* my Note 7..-1477748753192.jpgI'm *keeping* my Note 7..-1477748760281.jpg
    10-29-2016 08:46 AM
    My device payments have been stopped on both of our N7s, we were refunded the payments we already made, and the taxes we paid were refunded. We're keeping the phones as long as we can.
    10-29-2016 09:03 AM
218 ... 45678 ...