I'm *keeping* my Note 7..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Did it lock you out of the phone also so you couldn't set it up again?

It's 'completing setup'.....it's letting me use. HOWEVER it erased everything on my sd card! And that's huge for me (photographer)!! I had a ton of business stuff on there. I had my new 256gb card in there-it had all my prev 64gb card stuff that I transferred over when I got it a month ago. Plus all my new updated stuff. Fortunately I still have the old card but I have now lost all/anything new...all my contacts are gone and do f Dar it's not updating them-I did have a few new contacts...really really pissed a about the 'Note screen write' things that I had for a new job coming up not to mention other projects I had within other apps that are now gone. Now I do backup on the computer work that I have nearly completed but not new contacts and jobs that might be happening.

Wow! Besides my self.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Crazy...didn't need to login into anything. Was listening to a podcast with phone in my pocket(very loose pockets) and it started with the reset. Didn't even give the normal option of do you want to erase your sd card and are you sure you want to erase all data....

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Of phone with Verizon again. Note I had received an email in Spanish earlier today about an order number and was going to call them but with my phone resetting, I had forgotten. Reading about what you all had informed with Google resting if too many failed logins got me thinking that maybe my acct had fraudulent activity....The rep just now, said my original Note 7 had been received by their warehouse yesterday and she's thinking that even though we did run a factory reset of that one while I was in the store, that maybe some info was still showing and they rest it again which triggered my current phone to reset and wipe the card. That, with all you have mentioned makes sense.

BTW....both reps I spoke with at VZW said there's no reason I should stop using my Note 7 because there's such a small chance of it exploding and why not wait until something comes out that I really want. It's completely up to me and they have been told nothing about shutting them down.

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I thought you would have seen Almeuit's link. Here it is: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-within-2-weeks-normal-use-3.html#post5523158

The 2.5 million and 1 million numbers are both correct(ish) (they're high end rounded estimates), but they refer to shipments, not to phones in the hands of consumers. So those are the number that Samsung recalled, but they include a huge number of devices that were not yet sold by the retailers and some that had not even been delivered to the retailers yet.

Still his analysis is incorrect. You can't take the total number of failure by the total phones. For people who had an original and then replaced it, they had 2 phones, not one. He's only counting one here. Also you need to look at the failure rate of the original Note vs. the replacement Note, not combine them. As far as I can tell there were 3 replacements that melted/smoked. Using his estimate of actual Notes in peoples hands of 300k to 500k gives you between a 0.001% to 0.0006% rate of failure. Miniscule.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Do we really care anymore? Not busting on anyone, but if it ain't blown up by now, chances are it's not. Failure rates have such a high curve imo.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why are you still keeping your Note 7 at this point in time?

I exchanged mine to the S7 Edge, which I love but really miss the Pen, but I personally felt it was better I switch than be cautious all the time.

I am wondering why are people deciding to keep their Note 7 as of right now?
I doubt it will receive any beneficial updates going forward.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
No 1 the spen nd functionality of it at my job are a must. I figure if mine was gonna blow it would have done so with 3 and half hours of VR.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why are you still keeping your Note 7 at this point in time?

I exchanged mine to the S7 Edge, which I love but really miss the Pen, but I personally felt it was better I switch than be cautious all the time.

I am wondering why are people deciding to keep their Note 7 as of right now?
I doubt it will receive any beneficial updates going forward.

Because it's a great phone as is? Who cares about updates if the phone is working well now?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why are you still keeping your Note 7 at this point in time?

Because it's a great phone as is? Who cares about updates if the phone is working well now?
Ummm personally I care about updates... I always want my phone to have the latest software, especially when Android 7.0 releases

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 5. Got it in Dec 2015. I have no storage space with it. The video is not able to be run and take pictures at 4k. That's the biggest 2 issues with the 5.
Yeah true
I had the Note 5 and lack of water resistance is what made me not get it again... But as for storage I usually don't record everything in 4K

Bcool

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Would u consider getting the Note 5?

My wife has the Note 5 and it seems to me to be quite clunky and unrefined compared to the Note 7. I don't like any other phone and would be severely disappointed with another. And then be reminded of what should've been every day. I'm quite ok keeping mine with the failure rate being a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent. Even if it were to fail, I'd want another. They don't explode, doesn't even look like most (if any) catch on fire. They just melt. Also how long has it been since one "melted/caught on fire"? It seems to me that if a phone was going to fail mostly it has done so already, or if the risk is ongoing, its due to mishandling or damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance