I'm *keeping* my Note 7..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently switching back & forth between my S7 Edge & my Note 7. I will not be turning the phone in unless I'm absolutely forced to do so. This wasn't my screw up so I'm carrying on as normal until I'm told otherwise. I feel like some are overly concerned with this issue & I'm not sure why people insist on inquiring about it so much. If your carrier isn't contacting you about it, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently switching back & forth between my S7 Edge & my Note 7. I will not be turning the phone in unless I'm absolutely forced to do so. This wasn't my screw up so I'm carrying on as normal until I'm told otherwise. I feel like some are overly concerned with this issue & I'm not sure why people insist on inquiring about it so much. If your carrier isn't contacting you about it, then I wouldn't worry about it.
This is basically what I'm doing. But if they ever send me a box, I'll probably send the Note 7 in. I doubt that happens anytime soon though. I'm out of 80 bucks but I think that's a decent price for the phone. They stopped the device payments.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
This is basically what I'm doing. But if they ever send me a box, I'll probably send the Note 7 in. I doubt that happens anytime soon though. I'm out of 80 bucks but I think that's a decent price for the phone. They stopped the device payments.
Yeah definitely. If they send a box, I'll send the phone back. But I'm not going out of my way making trips to the stores & calling customer care inquiring about what they plan on doing. It's the carrier's responsibility to inform the customers about what's going on & so far they haven't done that. So I will continue to enjoy my phone worry free until Verizon decides to do something about it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely. If they send a box, I'll send the phone back. But I'm not going out of my way making trips to the stores & calling customer care inquiring about what they plan on doing. It's the carrier's responsibility to inform the customers about what's going on & so far they haven't done that. So I will continue to enjoy my phone worry free until Verizon decides to do something about it.
Yeah, I'll be damn if I waste my time trying to return it lol. I got better stuff to do.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
They haven't stopped my device payments! Lucky dog!

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
That's crazy. I thought they had stopped everybody's on Verizon. I didn't even have to request that. They just did it on their own.
Probably because my account is so screwed up... The phone that shows as activated is actually the second Galaxy Note 7 that I had. I'm on my third. The kid at the store screwed up the paperwork, but now that the recall is happened the computer system won't allow him to show my current phone as a recalled phone or something along those lines... That's okay, I'll still pay my $33 a month for this phone until I figure out what I'm going to do.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Can we turn off OTA updates, or can we just keep pushing out the updates? The last time they tried to do this, I just kept setting the update for 12 hours into the future and then set a timer to remind me to reset it for 12 hours further out into the future.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
My device payments from Verizon were cancelled even before I activated a different phone.

It is weird on my account, just yesterday I received a credit back to my debit card for the sales tax paid on the replacement device. When i look at my account on-line it shows no upgrade available for the line that my note 7 is on. When i look at the bill page it shows the amount for that line including the device payment, however there is not device payoff amount.

ilordvader

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I can probably live with 60%. But if it does become annoying, I wonder if a factory data reset would at least temporarily get rid of it?

Can we turn off OTA updates, or can we just keep pushing out the updates? The last time they tried to do this, I just kept setting the update for 12 hours into the future and then set a timer to remind me to reset it for 12 hours further out into the future.

Wondering if anyone has Tried this ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9x8803i694

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It is weird on my account, just yesterday I received a credit back to my debit card for the sales tax paid on the replacement device. When i look at my account on-line it shows no upgrade available for the line that my note 7 is on. When i look at the bill page it shows the amount for that line including the device payment, however there is not device payoff amount.

You might want to get that straightened out with Verizon. Those device payment contracts when messed up can be a real bugger to fix. Two years ago my mom, my husband and I got new phones. The original rep on the phone attached the device contract of my husband's phone to my mothers and hers to his. It showed up on my accounts page correctly correlating the phones, but on my bill it showed the wrong device payments. I tried three times in two years to get Verizon to fix the error. They never did and I had to jump through hoops to get my husband's phone upgraded to the Z Force because of this error. Finally after an hour on the phone, I suggested since Verizon messed it up that they allow me to pay off his Turbo and then credit me back. So, his device still had a balance of $160, which he did not have to pay and was able to keep the phone and get his upgrade.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
You wont even need to enter the ESN, the note and all of its ESN data will auto populate so it is literally just a point and click swap.

As for switching back to the note7, who knows. As of now, it is possible.

Oh, I know it's point and click and the Note would be reactivated -- before all of this recall mess. My question is, has anyone deactivated their Note and then reactivated it?

Status
Not open for further replies.